Aquagirl, probably looks good in a bikini  10%  [ 3 ]
Other (specify)  39%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 31

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Page 11! MADNESS! (and this time, i mean it!)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I went on a late night Poke-walk after having my heart absolutely obliterated in Game 5 of the World Series. I took my usual route, making sure to walk through the church parking lot because of the 5 or 6 Poke Stops, then turned and walked down to my town's brand new Community Center.

It's a really neat facility, with a large auditorium, a kitchen, and a bunch of smaller rooms for Dance, Knitting, Computer classes and whatever else. Outside there are basketball courts, some exercise equipment and play ground.

Normally it's quiet, but sometimes there are kids playing basketball, and once or twice even people playing Pokemon like me. There are three gyms and a few Poke Stops so it's a good place for it.

Tonight, as I approached, I could hear an eerie whistle. But first thing's first, the gyms were not well defended and I was able to conquer them all pretty quickly. It won't last; I'm team Instinct, the least popular of the three teams, but I should get a decent amount of coins for my effort.

The source of the whistle was one of those foam footballs that's designed to go really far when thrown. It was being thrown back and forth between a group of what I initially thought were high school kids. It wasn't just the football though. They were also tossing frisbees and soccer balls. I sat and watched them while they goofed around. I was wondering if there were any rules to this horsing around.

Occasionally a ball or a frisbee would come my way, and I did what any human in that situation would do, I kicked or threw the ball back to the group. On one such occasion I commented to one of the guys that it looks like you're playing the weirdest game of dodge ball, and while he confirmed that they weren't using any rules he at least was trying to hit his friends. He asked me my name, but we didn't speak any more except for some courteous thanks as I returned their items. A few times the items were thrown at people on their own "side" too.

Sometimes there was instruction on how to kick better. One of the guys said "You're out" it seemed whenever one of the items came toward me and I had to throw or kick it back in. It was just good clean fun. It really reminded me of my college days.

Eventually, they got bored of tossing things back and forth. Some of them laid down on the outside stage. One of the guys took to throwing the soccer balls as high as he could. I thought the ball was going to get stuck on the roof for sure, but I hadn't realized the overhang has a large rectangular hole in it which the ball fell through. Once it landed on one of the poor kids laying on the stage with a pretty loud thud. I don't think it hurt very much, thankfully. They even did a three legged race just for the heck of it. Have you ever seen people do a three legged race just for fun? Me neither. Then they went to play on the playground, and that's when I decided to leave.

I at first though they were high school kids. But playing around at 11 PM on Sunday? Maybe, but probably not. They could have been from the local junior college, but why come here to the community center? The only other clue was that all the girls in the group wore head scarves and ankle length dresses. A couple of the guys had short, but neat beards. Right now my favorite theory is that they were a group of Amish kids on Rumspringa, but that seems rather unlikely.

Ah well.

POOF!
*Returns to Relative Obscurity*

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness