Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post subject: A wide open space.....
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:46 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
.....perfectly flat, with the same pure white light coming from all directions.

GoatChops wanders the whited out landscape (if the term landscape can be applied to such a featureless area of existance)

Little does he know the whole time his has been moving to one point....a blue ball....floating in a statis field....just hovering there innocently....

GoatChops stops at the foot and looks upon the ball....the only feature in an otherwise flat existance....

GoatChops: "A Calvinball?"

GoatChops reaches for the statis field containing the ball and the world starts to heave!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 pm 
Galaxy Hunter appears clad in a suit of Predator armor and wielding a Widow Anti-material Rifle. GoatChops takes one look at him and runs, shouting at the top of his voice.

"Oh, not you again!"

GH shrugs, wondering what he said. He spies the Calvinball floating in a stasis field.

"Ah, game on!"

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Nothing explodes. That is to say there is an explosion which is not caused by anything apparent. Out of the explosion a rather scorched and somewhat naked Steave falls to the ground. Shivering and stunned he looks around and spies the Calvinball. "Sarah Conner?"

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
As Steve is being delusional, he suddenly feels a large thump from the ground somewhere behind him. It's like a few tonnes slammed into the ground all at once.

It quickly occurs to him what it probably is. Not really needing to looks, he looks anyway. And yes, -unfortunately- it is Zill.

That's odd, I was 2.4 meters above the ground...
Zillatain briefly puzzles over that discrepancy until noticing the Calvinball. "So who's the idiot that initiated the insanity this time by not keeping their hands to themselves?" Taking in the currently assembled participants, seir sees Galaxy Hunter, what in the heck is he wearing?; Steve, who looks strangely normal; and ... GoatChops...

Zillatain starts walking straight to GoatChops. "Are you the one who did this?" sier asks 'politely'.

GoatChops is still frozen with his hand outstretched towards the Calvinball as the world shook...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 pm 
Meanwhile, GH observes the two's arrival from behind his ornate facemask. He thinks to himself: 'Ah, it's good to see Zill again, er, at least I think that's him. It's kinda hard to tell.'

Suddenly there is an odd flash and the man from his earlier dream in Name of Game is there, ugly as ever, and still bearing those ridiculously long fingernails

"Ah-ha! Now I've got you! There is no escape! I've chased you all over the forums despite the strain of maintaining physical form. I will see you suffer!"

GH sighs, facepalming. 'Not this joker again' He thinks.

"Really, man? Let me make this perfectly clear...

The three targeting lasers on his mask light up, forming a triangle on nail-boy's chest.

"This is not acceptable."

There is a flash of blue light from GH's shoulder-cannon and the annoying man in the fedora with the bad manicure collapses.

"Now that he's out of the way..."

GH reaches out and grabs the ball from within GoatChops' stunned grasp, instantly the entire area begins shaking and changing

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The fedora spins and twists its way across the field like a stylish tumble weed and comes to rest next to Steave.

Steave looks quizzically at the hat for a moment before putting it on. He stands up straight and adjusting his fedora exclaims "Right! Now that I've got some clothes on, Let's play this game" He charges boldly down the field towards GH.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm 
The Man In Black is standing on the field. It is impossible to tell when exactly he arrived, or even if he has always been there, and simply escaped notice by all. But that is irrelevant, as he is noticed now, slightly to the left of Zill.

"Take it easy on him Zill, It's been a couple of months since the last game, and we're about due for a new one. Alas, If only my battle thread was doing half as well..."

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 pm 
GoatChops looks Zill in the eye.....eyes......thing..... and quickly calculates the chances of his surviving the next few minutes intact as being something slightly lower then zero. Pulling 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster's out of thin air* he cracks one open and takes a swig whilst offering the other to Zill

"Drinkies?"

Note*: air might not be thin. In fact it can be hard, sharp, sticky, pointy, volatile and/or corrosive.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Zillatain looks at the offering from GoatChops. Unimpressed with the gaseous matter reconstruction, sier leans down and 'stares' at him instead...

After a good 12 seconds pass, Zillatain 'shrugs'. "It actually doesn't matter, I was just curious." Leaning back upright sier continues. "Not many know that the Calvinball is actually sentient and when it gets bored, it calls out for one of its 'toys' it remembers. Once the 'toy' is close enough, it gains enough strength to call farther out. Some are unwillingly brought here and others just decide to come."

"Goat, would you quit looking like a deer with a pulser held to its head while it's blinded with a penlight. And would you give that bottle to Bal. He likes them if I remember. It's okay, but it is not my favorite."

Turning to Balthazar, "So, you think I should rip one of his arms off, or should I just let him run for it? Also, do you have any idea what Hunter was shooting at? I didn't -visually- see anything."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 am 
Bal gently removes the bottle out of GoatChops unresisting hand, and takes a swig. He doesn't even flinch as he swallows.

"Eh, let him run for it. Knowing the hooligans who call this place home, I'd say he's going to need every advantage he can get."

He takes another sip of the 'Gargle-Blaster and adopts a pensive expression.

"As for GH, I'd guess that he was on the receiving end of some kind of psionic attack. Either that, or he was hallucinating pretty bad. I wasn't actively looking, so I can't say for sure. I did notice a fedora pop into existence though. At the time I thought it was just an effect of the Calvinball, but now I'm not so sure. I think Steave ran off with it."

"Oh, I almost forgot. I managed to find a couple of bottles of Organ Blender '78. Care to join me in a libation?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 am 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
::Upon hearing the word "Hooligan" Funky pops out of thin air somewhere at a relatively unsafe distance::

You called? SWEET! CALVINBALL! Hey, what's this button do...

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:39 pm 
Chaosman stagers down the street. He has finally been released from the hospital from the last time he got pulled from his happy life and dragged into some interdimensional torture factory "What was it called again?" he thinks "Oh yeah, Calvinball". As the precise moment his thoughts named the game he felt a sense of vertigo and closed his eyes. When he opened them he was on the Calvinball field. "God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screams and starts running in random directions looking for an exit. In his panic he looks for the most normal looking player on the field, a naked guy wearing a fedora, and heads towards him "Excuse me! How do I get outta here?"

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 pm 
Meanwhile GH is charging down the field when suddenly a large pillar erupts from the ground directly in front of him. He slams into it, dazed but with no permanent injuries...

"Ugh, now I remember, this game is evil."

He gets to his feet, noticing that the ball has vanished. He puts his optics in auto-target mode and starts searching.

End of Line.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 pm 
GoatChops shakes himself out of his daze

Helping himself to an Organ blender he decides on the tactic his going to use for the duration of the game...that is to say his going to get as drunk as possilbe so -hopefully- when (if) he wakes up tomorrow he will remember nothing
'

"bottoms up!"

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 pm 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
Um... Goat... you'd probably be better off drinking one of the Gargle Blasters. I don't think you realize just what's in that Organ Blender...

Ok, I've done my good deed of the week, now where'd that pesky ball go off to... OOOOOOH! SHINY!

::Funky proceeds to hit several random buttons that hadn't been there moments before::

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness