Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:12 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Okay, then! We seem to have received all submissions and votes, so Sluggy Filk '05 is officially at an end! All scores have been tallied and verified, so here's what you've all been waiting for!

After a strong start, Jarne quietly stepped out of the contest, so he holds seventh place with 2 songs and 36 points.

Gregnier made a late entry, so although he had several good songs, there simply wasn't enough time for him to rack up a high score. He earns sixth place with 4 songs, and 1 unused topic for a total of 111. Thanks for playing; you helped shake things up near the end!

I have a feeling that if Battech-and-Torque had had more time, he would have come in a lot higher on the list. He gave us some great filks, including Freelance Rhapsody, the literate and funny Pete's List and his personal favorite, That Which Redeems. That vote and two unused topics earns him a total of 196 points for 7 songs, and fifth place. Way to go!

SSJJared was also a strong competitor, with 10 songs including, "Mean, Green Kizke," "It's Gwynn's Life," and his favorite, "Bring Me to UnLife." That vote and one unused topic punch his total up to 228, for fourth place. Nice work!

Third place goes to waffle. He gave us great songs like my favorite, "Kesandru's Well," and his, "A Time Pirate's Life for Me." He had 12 songs, 1 unused topic and 2 votes, giving him a total of 246 points! Thanks for some quality filking!

Second place is therefore awarded to... Arial! She had 13 songs, 3 unused topics and 2 votes--both of which were for the record-breaking "We Didn't Draw the Nifty." It earned a total of 105 points! Her final tally is 350 points! You were a worthy opponent!

So, that leaves me in the mildly embarrasing position of earning first place in my own game. I had a ridiculous 20 songs, 3 unused topics and 3 votes, for a total of 451 points.

So, rather than blather on about my stuff or bore you while you watch me pat myself on the back, I have decided that the prize--a filk for the winner--is instead going to be a tribute to all of our competitors, that made this such a great and enjoyable game!

Finally, anyone who read this thread and enjoyed it may feel free to post your kudos to the players right up until the thread is locked.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:14 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
We Are the Filkers (a parody of We Are the Champions)

We picked our themes
Time after time
We made each sentence
And completed the rhyme
And some mistakes
We made a few
We’ve had some rough places
And fought the pace
But we came through
And we’ll go on and on and on and on

We are the Filkers, my friends
And we’ll keep on filking till the end
We are the Filkers
We are the Filkers
We’re not some losers
‘Cause we are the Filkers of the thread

It started with Jarne
And “Go Chop Him Now”
SSJJared wrote
“Bring Me to UnLife”
And “That Which Redeems”
Came from Battech-and-Torque, and waffle wrote
“Kesandru’s Well” while Lady Blanc presented us “Ladies’ Man”
Gregnier: ‘Spam Satan!”
And “We Didn’t Draw the Nifty!” from Arial!

We are the Filkers, my friends
And we’ll keep on filking till the end
We are the Filkers
We are the Filkers
We can’t be losers
‘Cause we had fun filking in this thread

We are all Filkers, my friends
And we kept on filking till the end
We are the Filkers
We are the Filkers
There’s not one loser
So we are the Champions of this thread

Folks, be sure to tip your waitresses! Thank you, and good night!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:21 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
*sniff* the sad part is that its over. how long do you think untill we can start another one?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:27 pm 
AOL: ArialCoelura
A week, I think

Thank you all, I enjoyed playing. I would have posted more but I was a little out of it last week.

:bunbun:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness