Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 am 
WLM: [email protected]
You know who probably would have been terribly sexist on the internet?

Hitler.

And just about everyone else in that era as well.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:34 am 
It is an idea that just occured to me, and i am not 100% convinced of it.

As long as i calmly analyse a situation invovling jerks or other obnoxious people, and have all the neccessary information, i usually know pretty well what my options are and can pick the optimal option, and if that is just a lesser evil, that i dislike, i usually have an idea what puts me in such a bad tactical position and propably can develop a strategy, to prevent getting there again.

This usually works on a level of gut feeling and while it is complex to describe, it all is pretty obvious to me.

However emotional involvment can cloud that and if i loose control of my emotions, i make tactical errors in such situations.

If i see someone making tactical errors, i assume that person lost control their emotions and my advice is, to work on emotion control.

Some of the disagreements in that thread could be explained however, if some* women make tactical errors, because they have trouble analysing their tactical options, even when calm. They feel cornered, not because they are so stressed, that they don't see the obvious way out, but they are stressed, becasue they would not see it, even when calm. If they cause unneccessary collateral damage, when setting boundaries, it's not so much because they lost their temper, but because they really don't know how to do that without collateral damage, or because they are unaware of the collateral damage.

* definitly only some, i know counterexamples

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 pm 
You do realize you're just resurrecting the old "men are logical, women are emotional" argument, right?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Locking a 10+ page thread: gender neutral?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts