Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:23 pm 
So, I think it's no secret the forums are... quiet these days. I was one of the last hold-outs for a long time, but I've been MIA myself for more than a little while now. But I still miss this place in its heyday. There was never a better, smarter or funnier crew on the internet. And nothing else has been as good.

So where is everyone these days? What's your new home online? And are you still in touch with anyone? I have a very few people I see every once in a long time on Twitter or FB.

I've been active for the last couple years a lot on stackexchange, mainly writing, philosophy and music fans.

I've been getting more serious about my own writing, so my new main hangout is Scribophile, an online critiquing platform. Some of the word games they play there remind me of the glory days of WGARS... although sadly nothing quite as wonderful as that.

But maybe we could all meet up somewhere new... or at least have a reunion... I mean, I've known you guys longer than I've known my wife, and we've been married 16 years now. My account here is older than my children, and they're both over a decade old...

Oh --for those looking, I am:

Twitter: @popcultphil
Scribophile, FB, stackexchange & real life: Christopher Sunami

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:29 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Nice to see you again, kitoba.

My online home is, well, it's still right here of course. But I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be the second to last person here, because ain't NO ONE outlasting Weremensh. ;-)

Oh yeah, that reminds me. elementalrain popped in a couple months ago (in intros). Sadly, she didn't stick around long.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Most of my social media presence is on Discord these days. I go by Atwood there. I know several other Sluggites have it as well, so it shouldn't be to difficult to get a Sluggy Server going.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:59 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Mostly Faceplant, although with the way that they're going I've got backups on MeWe and Parler. I'm in Sarah's Diner, the Monster Hunter International group, and John Ringo groups on FB and MW, my name is Richard Hopkins.

Here's my picture. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq723jeyw93gw ... 7.jpg?dl=0

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:38 am 
Catching up with people who moved away? Sounds like you need to invent sluggybook.

Stay good, Kitoba! Stay good! :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:29 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Catching up with people who moved away? Sounds like you need to invent sluggybook.

Stay good, Kitoba! Stay good! :kiki:

ROFL

LobosSolos, were you LoneWolf before you translated your username?

Kajin wrote:
Most of my social media presence is on Discord these days. I go by Atwood there. I know several other Sluggites have it as well, so it shouldn't be to difficult to get a Sluggy Server going.

I've heard people mention Discord but I have no idea what it is. Who else is on there?

Dodger77 wrote:
Nice to see you again, kitoba.

My online home is, well, it's still right here of course. But I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be the second to last person here, because ain't NO ONE outlasting Weremensh. ;-)

Oh yeah, that reminds me. elementalrain popped in a couple months ago (in intros). Sadly, she didn't stick around long.

Thanks Dodger! It's nice to think of you keeping the lights on here :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm 
kitoba wrote:
I've heard people mention Discord but I have no idea what it is. Who else is on there?

Just another chat system, basically... Similar to slack (if you've used that), but leaning towards a gamer audience.

Discord servers (communities) are free (and super easy/quick) to make and join. You can belong to tons of different servers, and it only takes a single click to switch between them. Each server has channels. Channels can be text or audio/video.

Honestly, it's just another chat/IM system...nothing particularly special. But it's popular.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It's also functionally similar to Team Speak, so it gets a lot of use in that regard as well. I use it to play D&D with a bunch of other guys every Sunday.

As for who around here has it... Ruan does. So does CCC. Balthazar, too, but I haven't seen him online in a long time. Everyone I played Leylines with down in GRPG has it. I'm sure others have it, but I don't know who else.

Setting up a server is incredibly easy. There's a phone app as well so you can just pick it up and fire off a message whenever you have something on your mind.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:22 pm 
I have Discord as well, for what it's worth.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:15 pm 
I feel like an old fogey. :bert: Oh, wait a moment...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:43 am 
Nah, I was always LobosSolos on here. I came up with the name for a D&D character back in 2000 and I've used it for a lot of stuff since then. About the only other user names that I've used for stuff is Knighthawk and Wolfsbain.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 pm 
LobosSolos wrote:
Nah, I was always LobosSolos on here.

There was a user, LoneWolf, who used to be active back in the old times. His avatar was almost the same as yours. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=771

I think you joined around the same time he drifted away, and I always thought you were the same person... :torg:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:03 am 
It's a shame that the last visited field is no longer public information. Thanks, Sluggy2020[/saracasm].

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:17 am 
Around 2008. Same approximate time that the last of the Torg Potter story lines was starting up. Expletive, that was a long time ago.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:37 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
2008 was almost half my life ago.

Anyways, if I start a Sluggy Discord group would any of you all be willing to join?

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat