Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: My Reaction to all of it
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 am 
I arrived simply. A long time back I came across an online cartoon that wasn't Sluggy Freelance but along the way suddenly I was reading Sluggy Freelance. An online comic that seemed to combine the best of a funny pages strip, a comic book , an intelligent book, and a large scale movie. Well maybe not all at first, but it arrived there nonetheless.

Spam Satan

There is an eye catcher. :)

How many times have I:

Been scared by the story

Lamented the overuse of the word Crotch

Misunderstood meaning

Really thought that Torg and Oasis were one and done. Oasis was a destructed robot that could fit in a shopping cart.

So often during the run I have wanted to see characters interact that could not possibly at that point in the story.

What I did notice along the way though was that somebody was doing something innovative.

To cartoon and yet also utilize the toolbox of Superhero comics or at least the dynamics of comics that usually are unseen in your typical cartoon strip stories is something. To be fair though, it is not like Sluggy is not all that original, but in terms of what I consider original, this is about as original as you can possibly get. The series puts me in mind of Terry and the Pirates for originality and creative content.

Terry and the Pirates. What is even more amazing is that Sluggy Freelance expands and explodes that strip to the Nth degree.

So over all these years of this long term story a waypoint has been reached.

I look forward to more Sluggy Freelance as long as it is offered and I will sing it's praises as long as I am able.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
You'll want to post this in SRC (Sluggy Related Chat) higher up in the forum. There's higher traffic there. Hardly anyone comes to General Chat anymore.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Which is a shame. General Chat was KING of the discussion forums for a long long time. It pains me to see it so empty.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:34 pm 
I tended to avoid General Chat because it was so busy, and my Sluggy time is usually during my too-short breaks at work. Even now, I'm only here because my shift ended and I'm just using the company internet to pass time until the sun goes down enough to not be in my eyes heading home.

That said, it does kinda suck that GC isn't used more. We should change that.

On that note, I was not expecting an appreciation of all things Sluggy when I opened this thread. I was a bit worried that it would be something more suited to POOP. :kiki:

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat