Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:34 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Who has seen it? What did you think? I can't decide if I liked it more or less than the first one, it's pretty close for me.

I was a little confused by the Hulk Lullaby thing? Like, is it just that phrase or what? (Has it been mentioned in any of the other movies?)

I feel like there maybe should have been a little more rage at Tony... Also it's I found it a little strange that Hulk got no lines. I mean, he had one of the best ones in the first movie!

Also Joss being Joss
Spoiler wrote:
*cough Quicksilbver *cough* To be fair I wasn't that invested in the character so I don't care to much. Just glad it wasn't any of Hawkeye's family.

I think my favorite line was Hawkeye's "None of this makes any sense!"

(Man do we desperately need a new thread up in here...)

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Saw it. Loved it.

On the Hulk lullaby... I think that's just a recent thing that they came up with to calm Hulk back into Banner. Just a sort of "focus on me and calm down. Nothing else to see, just focus on me" kinda thing.

Need to go back and watch again, though. Was unable to sit and stay for the after credits stinger.

I read some reviews and other people commenting on stuff, and if there's one thing that's come up a lot that's confusing me so much, it's that people kept saying that Ultron was a weak villain with no actual threat... I'm just sitting here, completely flabbergasted that anyone would even think such a thing. I mean, look at what his end goal was! He almost accomplished it, too. That's a pretty big threat if ever I saw one.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:21 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
I LOVED it, as did Bluraven. Hawkeye was definitely closer to the Hawkeye from the comics. "I could do it. Nobody would know. The last time I saw him, Hulk was sitting on him." I need to go see it again, try to catch some of the stuff that I missed. I did spring for the 3D... I mean, c'mon... Hulkbuster vs. Hulk was EPIC in 3D.

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:19 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
There wasn't anything after the rolling credits. Once they started then leaving is all to the good. Linking in with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I was thinking when I saw the item that Fury brought to the party that Coulson had something to do with it and it was confirmed within the first five minutes of the next episode. I also liked how they wrapped up a loose end from the show in the movie in the current Hydra leader. Also, who else wants one of the statuettes that they were doing the initial credits around?

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:10 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I liked it, but it felt like it was missing something. Not sure what. Just a feeling.

When I saw the statuette, I immediately thought that if they didn't have one yet, somebody will eventually.

Of course there is always other insane things like a 1/6 scale Hulkbuster people can (eventually) get.

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Zillatain wrote:
I liked it, but it felt like it was missing something. Not sure what. Just a feeling.

When I saw the statuette, I immediately thought that if they didn't have one yet, somebody will eventually.

Of course there is always other insane things like a 1/6 scale Hulkbuster people can (eventually) get.

I'm surprised that it's not Sideshow Collectibles. They'll probably get one eventually.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:06 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
I thought the Hulk phrase was a calm down phrase, then she took off her glove and touched him with her bare hand that had some sort of knockout juice on it.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
dotwarner wrote:
I thought the Hulk phrase was a calm down phrase, then she took off her glove and touched him with her bare hand that had some sort of knockout juice on it.

It'd have to be some strong stuff, I imagine.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I think it was just that she was able to "calm the savage beast". When he's calm, he'll turn back into puny Banner. If it was some kind knockout-juice, the HulkBuster would of been pretty pointless way to stop him.

Now for something stupid:
Remember when Black Widow popped out of the Quinjet on a motorcycle and hurried off to help Captain America? Well you can get the toy of that that does the same thing. Only one little problem with it. Can you spot what it is?

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Oh, dear. That's annoying.

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:19 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Hmm, maybe not, but taking the glove off seemed to be important both times.... maybe just skin contact?

(yeah, that's annoying.)

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat