Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post subject: A Group Project!!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:33 pm 
WLM: See the profile name.
Ahoy lads,

All the comotion about talk like a pirate day, and my plunderin of the sluggy archive has got me ta thinkin bout a fun little project:

Let's be fer designin' a life support system. Me engineerin' mates bin doin' it fer a couple years now, and tis still an amusin' past time. I bin the one who tended to the needs of the livin' while they tended to the restraints of the machine.

This here be a good exercise for all, even if ye don't happen to be particualrly educated fer this sorta thing, cause ye see that which be around ye. That bein' the case i'll be omitin' the engineering half of the project.

I bin workin on a image file of a piece of graph paper in the basic micro-soft paint that be with windows. The graph paper be 3ft by 4ft, but is measure off to represent 5ftby5ft squares, that be broken into 1ftby1ft squares by little bluish dots. if ye be anal retentive as i may be, ye'll be fer noticin' that each little dot on the graph paper represents bout 1by1 inch dot (actually in truth it be more bout 1.3by1.3 inch dots... but such approximations aren't always easy to be makin'.).

A link to the graph paper image. Just be fer right clickin and save the target as graph paper, or whatever other file name be ta yer likin'

A list of priorities twas always the way me and me mates bin fer startin' this project and i gonna be fer suggestin' a similar course o' action fer this here little activity, and fer kicks let's set this as a space ship fer space pirates, which may be affectin' yer priorities:

Me initial list (I'll be intentionally makin this list short an stupid so that ye can expound upon it, but if'n ye dogs don't do a good job of fleshin' out yer lists i'll add more. Also, remember to take into account what each item on yer list needs so it can be occurin'):
1. Breathin'
2. Eatin'
3. Excretin'

As a closin' note, i don't know if this be the best place fer this sorta thing, and if any o' the capn's o' the forums be fer thinkin' this needs to be fer goin' some where else, then i say, "YARRR!!!"

Anyway... back to me ale.

PS: yes, that was hard to do in pirate speak, and the graph paper image is coming out a bit wonky... bear with me. it may be easier for you guys to just draw your own graph paper with microsoft paint.... but....I'm not sure how much any y'all'd go for that sorta thing. I measured paint out once... one inch on paper is nine dots at 8x magnification (8x is the highest magnification a person can get on basic paint.)

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat