Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 pm 
Then this is the thread for you!! Not sure if theres much or any of a clix presence here, but I really do want to max out this event, and it is for a very good cause. Seeing as how Pete got me into the hobby to begin with, it seems right to post here.

Right, so in 2011 I won the world title for heroclix. I ended up with a ton of valuable pieces I decided to toss back to the player community. I talked to some stores in the area and initial interest was pretty huge. With so many people willing to come out, I decided to do a charity event.

My cousin was extremely sick at the time due to a very rare genetic disease called Dyskeratosis Congenita. He had begun to show signs of Bone Marrow failure as a result of the progression of his disease. The organization DKMS Americas (http://www.deletebloodcancer.org/) were helping my family to try and find him a match.

I decided to do my part and organize a charity event for the good people of DKMS and one long wild ride later we ended up in the convention center during epiccon.

Sadly, that was the last public event my cousin ever attended, as he was admitted to CHOP later that month and sadly passed away.

I continue this event in his memory, and will continue to do so as long as I can.

So, if you play heroclix, want a chance at over 40 convention LE pieces AND want to have a rocking good time please click the below link for all the information you could possibly want.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467307

If you don't play heroclix, please visit the DKMS website and consider becoming a bone marrow donor, It's just a q-tip to the cheek and you could save someones life.

Thanks for reading!

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat