Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 am 
Location: in a secret base on the far side of the moon, hiding under a blanket.
caffeine wrote:
A question for computer types. I've had some irritating malware on my computer for a while - the sort that eats up all your free disk space, and I can't get rid of it. I have Spybot, and I can see the crafty little buggers, but whenever I try to remove them I'm told I need administrator status, and should ask the administrator to run a scan. But I am the administrator. I've had this problem with another computer too -also running Windows 7. Anyone know how to deal with this?

No idea if this has already been resolved, but I thought I'd put the answer out there anyway to help if the OP or anyone else finds this question later. As you are already the admin, to run Spybot as administrator in Windows 7 simply find it in your program list or find the desktop icon and right click on it, then choose run as administrator from the right-click menu.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Thinking about rooting my phone... I have a T-Mobile version Galaxy S2 that just keeps getting slower and slower, but I still have like ten months till I can get a new phone. Anybody here done this before? I'm scared I'm gonna brick the thing if I try and would welcome any advice...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 pm 
Q: How do you log out of the new forum?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:33 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Bolger wrote:
They're working on it. You will eventually be able to mouse-over your username and a drop-down menu with "LOGOUT" should be there. Hopefully in the next few days.

Not sure why that wasn't there in the beginning though...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:59 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Bolger wrote:
They're working on it. You will eventually be able to mouse-over your username and a drop-down menu with "LOGOUT" vshould be there. Hopefully in the next few days.

Not sure why that wasn't there in the beginning though...

Thanks! I thought it was me not seeing something.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:47 pm 
Hello Sluggites!

I haven't been here for about a decade, but something has been bugging me and it just occurred to me that this is the place where I used to turn for answers to this sort of question! I think there used to be a dedicated thread for this, but don't know where to look, so I'll put it here.

I remember a scene in a TV series or movie, in which a character has an MRI, and is instantly killed as the implant secretly placed in their head by aliens or an evil government agency is violently removed by the machine's magnet.

Anyone know what this is from? Is it an X-Files episode?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:14 pm 
caffeine wrote:
I remember a scene in a TV series or movie, in which a character has an MRI, and is instantly killed as the implant secretly placed in their head by aliens or an evil government agency is violently removed by the machine's magnet.

I have no idea, but your description is very vivid, and it sounds gruesome!
I've never watched X-Files, but I looked up "X-Files MRI" and came up with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theef
Might it be that?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
I have no idea, but your description is very vivid, and it sounds gruesome!
I've never watched X-Files, but I looked up "X-Files MRI" and came up with this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theef
Might it be that?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be the one I'm thinking of. I'm fairly sure it was a guy, and he didn't burn, just suffered a serious and fatal head wound.

I tried doing some googling but the results are swamped by people who seem to be concerned about this sort of thing happening in real life...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 pm 
caffeine wrote:
Hello Sluggites!

I haven't been here for about a decade, but something has been bugging me and it just occurred to me that this is the place where I used to turn for answers to this sort of question! I think there used to be a dedicated thread for this, but don't know where to look, so I'll put it here.

So I thought this sounded like a challenging search to attempt. Holy cow... do not search about MRI ripping items out of people, the results are disturbing to say the least.

One suggestion, since I the only thing that came to mind was that episode of x-Files, is to go onto IMDB. If you click on advanced search (drop down menu next to the search bar, select Advanced) you can search for MRI in "Plot". If you recognize any of the movies, you might have some luck.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat