Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 am 
Attention old fogies, young fogies, and fogies of all ages in between!

Longtime fantasy fans in their twenties or older may remember an animated Rankin-Bass film from 1981 entitled "The Flight of Dragons." If you've never seen it, there are ways to view transfers from old VHS tapes on the internet on which I will not elaborate. Many people, myself included, have a lot of love for this film and consider it a huge part of their childhood that remains as enjoyable now as it was then (as a quick search on Google will confirm), but for some unfathomable reason, it has never been officially released on DVD.

There is an online petition that was recently begun by this person to persuade the studio that owns the rights to "The Flight of Dragons" (Warner Bros.) to release it on DVD. I am trying to help the number of signatures grow by making other fans of the film aware that the petition exists. If you have any interest in this classic film, please take a moment to sign the petition and pass the word around to other fans. With enough signatures, there is a good chance that a petition like this will succeed in getting a DVD release just as the petition for the animated film "Wizards" did. Thank you for your kind attention.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat