Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:36 am 
Yahoo Messenger: poisonivyy_ae
I started reading Sluggy in high school, back in 1999. I found a couple of the books while I was house sitting for my taequando instructor and it quickly became my favorite thing ever. I read it religiously and every time I caught up, I would go back to the beginning and read it again. I loved reading with my sister, we would each be different characters and read it out loud together. We were both madly in love with Riff. The characters were real people to me in my mind. I also became a regular in the Sluggy threads here.

Sadly a couple years ago I had to stop reading and posting because, well... life. When I came back, the first thing I did was re-up my Defenders account. I have just finished reading the archives all over again, and am back in the forums. I can’t believe I ever let myself not find time for this, and will never lose touch again.

I am very sad that I missed out on buying so much Sluggy merchandise. I love buying the books, but I also loved wearing the T-shirts, and many of them got lost in the many moves. Luckily I still have my Bun bun and Kiki plushies and all the coffee mugs, that I use daily.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I felt I needed to explain my absence. This strip is like a family to me, even though I live all the way in California and never actually got to meet anyone in person. When I was young, I dreamed of being a SBG, but never got the chance.

Love you all! :riff:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:22 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
You need reasons to hide from this board? I thought self preservation was kinda obvious...though perhaps too easy. Well, a belated welcome back. We kept your seat...erm...lemme just get rid of that body. It's not too messy...just a bit of a wash...there you go. Better luck than the last fellow who sat there; apparently he tried to hold out on the alfalfa cocktails once too often.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions