Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Compulsory introduction
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:37 am 
Happened to stumble back here (just to check if the comic was still running), I was a Defender apparently in 2003 (managed to link my old account to the new one - IIRC I paid the defender fee because I thought the comic had had an impressively long run... little did I know), tried to throw money again to the comic to acknowledge the impressiveness of making it to 2020 (and to access the bigger archives), but didn't because the "just input your credit card info here" form seemed to be the only option (that's simply not going to happen as long as there is no more data available regarding where the card details are stored, how they will be handled etc.), then came to the forum to ask if that's really the case and if there's some other way, but couldn't post for not having introduced myself.

If the store reopens in "late August/early September" (cleverly the year is not listed), maybe I will finally buy the books on paper also.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:06 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum ttokola!

As for your credit card question, all I really know is that he uses stripe.com for his processor. Also you could DM Pete for more info if you want.

I know when he first set it up, he wanted to use PayPal, but since the amounts people will pay each month will vary, they wouldn't allow it. If each tier was a set amount per month, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:44 am 
Well, the information should be alongside the form, specifying how the cc information will be stored and retained.

The key question is: will the credit card details move only between me and stripe.com, or will they be somehow retained? Based on the information shown, reality could be anything starting from Pete receiving the numbers via email and storing them in an excel sheet to everything being handled by stripe.com.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:44 pm 
All good questions, but you'd really have to ask Pete.
(I really doubt anyone would store it in an excel sheet or flat file if they're using a third party service already though!)

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions