Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:09 pm 
WLM: mlk75811
:bunbun:
Hello everyone. I first encountered sluggy by accident. I am a sci-fi fan and was reading the John Ringo series, Legacy of the Alldenata, third book "Gust Front" I think, when he made reference to bun bun.
There was a tank with a rabbit with a switchblade and the name bun bun painted on the side. The characters said it was from a comic strip.
At the time, I did not think much about it. If not caught up in the book, I would have done a search for it.
Lacking reading material, I searched for online books and found Baen's online website, with free library! Gold Mine!!
About a week ago, I was again bored with the current games I play and wanted something to read. So, I go to Baen.com and start looking for something I have not read yet. Not much there that I have'nt read that interest me anymore.
In the bottom left corner of the free library home page, I notice a link to sluggy.com and thought, what the hey, I'll check it out.
When the page loaded and I saw bun bun, I was dumbfounded! "That's the rabbit on the tank!"
I saw the readers guide at the top, linked to it and found the first strip. Now that I have read the entire strip to the present, I have to wait for them to come out daily.
Well, It's back to Baen.com to find something to read, until tomorrow anyway hehe.
On a side note, I'm not sure I like the direction the present story line is taking. Bun bun is gone (unless you think the one in the non time thingy is real). Torg is leaving and the rent free house needs to be saved for the people still there. I wounder if the depression Torg is feeling is an outlet for the creator. Hmm...
Now we see daily comics jumping back and forth between the non time place and a weird game story line. (Don't hate me for not knowing the game, never seen it before).
Here's to a quick wrap up of the current story and a return to the "normal" earth story.
Thanks for a great comic!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:17 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Hey, welcome to the boards. I know how it feels to catch up and realize you only get one comic a day. But it really adds suspense to strips like "Gwynn Turned Around" and "Something Happened To Zoe".

I agree with you about the current storyline, it kinda worries me how far we've departed from the Sluggy Universe. Well, I guess that Universe has expanded greatly before, it'll do it again.

*gives Mighty Tacos*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:37 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Another sluggite who introduced to us by Jhon Ringo's sluggy references. Well since you are new here it is cutomary to post a haiku. Then we give you gifts. Since I am to lazy to check back later, I will just leave my gift for you here. Its lunar real estate. Now all you have to do is figure out how to get to it...
*gives lunar real estate*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:43 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Welcome!

It's nice to see someone put so much care into their intro post!

It's interesting, alot of peeps find their way here from Ringo... and probably just as many find their way to Ringo from sluggy! (i did)

Welcome to the boards, hope ya enjoy yourself..

dot

:riff:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:54 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Welcome to the boards. Haiku always welcome

** gives Parrot Feather of Doom **

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:50 am 
AOL: sugarraygross
on baen.com or any website for that matter. are there any funny and good comics like sluggy or is it one of a kind. i assume that mlk should know since he read most of em but while i dont mind the wait for a new daily sluggy i wouldnt mind if there was something else to become obsessed with. and a question to all. about how long did it take you to read all of them? i thinki i started in december or january

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions