Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Hello!
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:54 am 
Hi!

I started reading Sluggy back during Fire and Rain. I was an avid reader for years, then kind of fell away for a while (around 4U Blue). I just remembered this place existed, and was thrilled to find out the comic was still on-going! I recently finished a re-read of the archives, and finally decided to join the forum.

What made me decide to join was the ability to translate the runes in the dialogue from today's (3/31/21) comic, and I figured I'd share in the reactions thread what I came up with... then found out I probably won't be approved until someone else had already done it. Shucks.

For the curious who can't wait:

Panel one:
"When the fair maiden cried"

Panel two:
"Out to the havens [supposed to be "heavens"?]"

Panel three:
"Are you right minded? Can I help you, young lady?"

The runes are (mostly) Younger Futhark, but it's just a 1-to-1 substitution of letters for the English words. It's not really in another language. :)

Post subject: Re: Hello!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Sorry for the very belated welcome.

Welcome to the forum VoxAdActa!

And yup, unfortunately, very shortly after you joined, someone had the translation up.

Anyway, there may or may not be monsters that come out of the digital woodwork and pester you to give them the left lobe of your brain, your kidneys, half your spine, original poetry, or something else of no importance.

If you do, they may give you something of no importance in return if you succumb to their demands.

Well have fun, and don't step in any of the pits of Extreme Pain we a have around.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions