Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:34 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The previous Mega Speculation Thread reached 140 pages after about five years. And the previous previous Mega Spec also went too long before a new one was made. So we're going to try something different.

We're going with yearly editions instead, starting with this one. It should be from January 1st to December 31st, unless there's some big spec happening near the end of the year, and then it will be pushed back until it dies down.

Anyway, here's the new thread for all of your speculation/predictions/discussions that should not be in Reactions, but you don't want to make a whole new thread for.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 pm 
I, for one, welcome our new spec overlords.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:19 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Torg, due to what he know from his trip in the Dimension of Lame, has probably already seen through Gwynn's charade, but might decide it'd be best t only address it later.

I wonder if it will result in the team going back in the Dimension of Lame to seek guidance from the Lady of the Book of of Ro'thar-Niece. It would be interesting to revisit this place and see what the Goddess has done of this place, as well as look at what asshole Torg has become...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:00 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Sorry Spirantz, but you'll have to spec about The Great Fey War in the new The Mega Speculation Thread - 2024 Edition instead.

Thread locked to shame the guilty.

Don’t blame me, I voted for Aylee! :aylee:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:07 am 
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=74#2024-01-05
"I hope that's what happened" :gwynn:

Given Pete's previous record, I'd be willing to make a small wager that it isn't.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:37 am 
I predict that though Sam won't chant correctly, the result will be good . Maybe even save the day? :sam:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:39 am 
I can't imagine they would actually send Sam in there to do this... so maybe they will?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
I predict that though Sam won't chant correctly, the result will be good . Maybe even save the day? :sam:

I predict that Sam's backup singers will chant correctly. Unfortunately, nobody (else) will hear them.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:25 pm 
I dunno. Torg de-pantsing himself could prove amusing enough to cause just the right amount of distraction to get that mirror away from the dryad.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:09 pm 
Seriously, how much of her power is the mirror? Because I'm pretty sure she doesn't need it in order to kill them...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:12 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Seriously, how much of her power is the mirror? Because I'm pretty sure she doesn't need it in order to kill them...

She has to follow rules.
And the mirror drain her power to erase memories. She get more powerful once the mirror transfer what it has drained back to her.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:22 am 
I'm betting the gang had already planned (not planed), and then they purposely moved into range to have the discussion we just witnessed.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:40 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I'm betting the gang had already planned (not planed), and then they purposely moved into range to have the discussion we just witnessed.

Hmmm...didn't think about that one, but could be. Although their reactions seem pretty genuine. Don't know. I DO feel like they would have checked to see if mushrooms and trees were nearby.
Good theory. We shall see.

I AM excited to see what Torg might do/not do. His "NO" leaves me wondering. He has always impressed me, but his plan to make HC fall was AWESOME!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:31 pm 
This is barely speculation, but it's a bit too much for me to dare to put in reactions, plus it's not really about a specific strip. And it's a bit too minor for its own thread. So:

The chapter is called "Monstrous", and I get the impression only the current story, "The Darkest Wood", is going to be about the mushroom dryad. And there's a "monster hunter" shirt. I wonder if they're going to be going after other monsters next for whatever reasons. And thinking about that makes this story feel similar to an episode of Supernatural.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:51 pm 
This isn't much of a spec on my end, but I'm anticipating that sooner or later this is going to tie back into the main story when we hear something about a certain "Emissary Ebon."

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat