Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Buying book 9
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:36 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
So, I was planning to buy books 8-10.

Book 9 is not available through IndyPlanet for some presumably good reason.

And the main Sluggy store seems to be closed. So… is there a place I can get it, other than Amazon, which has it for $99?

Post subject: Re: Buying book 9
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Book 9 (and Megatome 1) are not on IndyPlanet, because he still has physical copies of that book. Once he sells all of the copies he has, then it will be made available on IndyPlanet. Unfortunately I have no idea when he will open the store again. Christmas time for sure, but before that...

The only other place I know of, is eBay. Very occasionally I have seen it listed there. But it's been awhile since I have seen it there. Always a bunch of book 8, though.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Pete himself give more details about it there:
https://sluggy.com/blog/view/16665/i-fo ... ject-16669

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:06 pm 
I was getting concerned about this, too.
I finally got my husband hooked on the comic. I reread it for myself from beginning to end during the pandemic, and he started reading over my shoulder, so I started reading it aloud to him, doing all the voices in memory of Mel Blanc and June Foray. He was having a particularly rough time with it, so it meant a lot to him. I made him wooden little Kiki and Bun-bun figurines for his birthday that year and then the kids got involved with HIM Mel Blanc-ing some of it for them with the figurines for props. So now the kids are all learning to read through this, and Calvin and Hobbes, and the Far Side because we're crazy people. Their grasp of grammar, punctuation, and capitalization is going to be abysmal. The oldest one is drawing comics about Kiki and Bun Bun. The middle one tells long, rambling stories about Bun Bun's made-up adventures in very awkward places. The littlest keeps running off with the toys I've made. My husband also started composing musical themes for some of the storylines during the pandemic and is apparently committed to finishing them. Eventually.
We started gifting the books to each other, y'know, in case the cyber-world collapses on itself or whatever the next doomsday thing is. His b-day is in a couple of weeks, and it was time to buy book 8. I'm excited because I found an original signed hardcover, but I noticed I couldn't find book 9 and I don't like the idea of leaving it out of our personal collection because the storyline in that book was from when I first started reading. But if it'll be there the next time the store opens, I'm probably good.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:14 pm 
EmpressLira wrote:
I was getting concerned about this, too.
I finally got my husband hooked on the comic. I reread it for myself from beginning to end during the pandemic, and he started reading over my shoulder, so I started reading it aloud to him, doing all the voices in memory of Mel Blanc and June Foray. He was having a particularly rough time with it, so it meant a lot to him. I made him wooden little Kiki and Bun-bun figurines for his birthday that year and then the kids got involved with HIM Mel Blanc-ing some of it for them with the figurines for props. So now the kids are all learning to read through this, and Calvin and Hobbes, and the Far Side because we're crazy people. Their grasp of grammar, punctuation, and capitalization is going to be abysmal. The oldest one is drawing comics about Kiki and Bun Bun. The middle one tells long, rambling stories about Bun Bun's made-up adventures in very awkward places. The littlest keeps running off with the toys I've made. My husband also started composing musical themes for some of the storylines during the pandemic and is apparently committed to finishing them. Eventually.
We started gifting the books to each other, y'know, in case the cyber-world collapses on itself or whatever the next doomsday thing is. His b-day is in a couple of weeks, and it was time to buy book 8. I'm excited because I found an original signed hardcover, but I noticed I couldn't find book 9 and I don't like the idea of leaving it out of our personal collection because the storyline in that book was from when I first started reading. But if it'll be there the next time the store opens, I'm probably good.

All of that is amazing! It makes me want to see and eventually hear all that you and your family created! I hope you can find book 9 and all the others :kiki:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat