Post subject: The new Aylee!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 am 
What prompted this new form?

Why is she so busy?

Why is she so distant?

Spec away!

Post subject: Re: The new Aylee!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:31 am 
Maybe it's just because I watched the new Aggretsuko, but I think she's shacking up with bunbun for protection, and is the leader of a new goth/metal/whatever emo band because of her loss of torg (both physically and romantically).

And yeah, like someone pointed out in reactions, she looks a bit Sasha'ish....
scary.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:13 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I'd say her new form is a reaction to her being beaten by Kusari and Oasis (notice how big she has gotten, there), but her attitude is due her feeling to Torg she need to be clear about, if not with herself, at least with Torg and Zoe.

I hope she still has her wings somehow.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:56 am 
Oooh, or maybe self-defense classes? Some sort of martial arts/spy/military training?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am 
Maybe she got tired of always being left behind when the others go missing for years? She decided to have a life of her own?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
You know that's actually kind of sad. Aylee has gotten left behind so much since they came back from the Dimension of Ghouls.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:35 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
She was fully part of the team during the take-out of Hereticorp, but she was left behind in the end.

She at least developed a better relationship with Gwyn, in the last years.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It's starting to become a theme, though. Aylee gets injured, then Torg leaves her behind for years to go do something else with most of the rest of his (available at the time) friends. She gets injured by Oasis, Torg goes off to participate in the R&D Wars for who knows how long. She gets injured by Kusari, Torg flies off into space then escapes through the DFA to an alternate reality and stays trapped there for two years.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:22 pm 
Just wondering if she isn't wearing full body-make-up though. Has she become better at making a fake nose too?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 pm 
Ooooh! Perhaps she's been seeing a therapist? One that gave the obvious advice of quit relying on these people if they always ditch you and leave you waiting.

Create your own life, Aylee! And make sure they respect your boundaries, if they want to be a part of your life! Don't drop everything just because this nerd-boy shows up, randomly!

You go girl! *sassy snap*

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:53 pm 
The thing is, last time Aylee tried to see a therapist, it didn't had the most fortunate ramifications:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2001-06-03

Mind you, finding one actual competent one, would be useful.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:57 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
The thing is, last time Aylee tried to see a therapist, it didn't had the most fortunate ramifications:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2001-06-03

Mind you, finding one actual competent one, would be useful.

Well, in her defence, she DID seek help, show openness to introspection, and respond well to the advice!

...too bad about that whole evil cloning business though. What are the chances of that happening twice though? *gulp*

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:58 am 
Kajin wrote:
It's starting to become a theme, though. Aylee gets injured, then Torg leaves her behind for years to go do something else with most of the rest of his (available at the time) friends. She gets injured by Oasis, Torg goes off to participate in the R&D Wars for who knows how long. She gets injured by Kusari, Torg flies off into space then escapes through the DFA to an alternate reality and stays trapped there for two years.

This is what I'm leaning towards. However, what she didn't seem is surprised Torg and Zoe have arrived just now. Perhaps Bun-bun had some sort of surveillance that warned them.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:53 pm 
The thing that struck me is the way she greeted them. Look at her word bubble in panel 3.

"Hey Torg." (polite but kinda meh) "Hey Zoe!" (more excited, exclamation point)

It's as if she's more excited to see Zoe than Torg. That actually would make a bit of sense to me. I think Zoe has been more honest in her attitude towards Aylee, even when expressing fear or anger, whereas Torg has been known to send mixed messages. (see: Cannibals Anonymous) Plus, as has been noted, Torg keeps abandoning her; true, so has Zoe, but then Zoe is a friend but not her best friend, so it may have hurt less.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat