Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:34 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I've been assuming it's a long term benefit through disaster.

This describes many of sluggy's plots!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:25 pm 
Hmm...we just saw a page from the Book of Ughlee get transferred to the Book of E-Ville.

And we know that the Book of Ughlee has spells that allow the user to mess with demons, as demonstrated by Allie's monologues.

Spec: The missing page of the Book of E-Ville in Wilcott's house is actually the demon-controlling page from the Book of Ughlee. Possession of this page is why Wilcott and/or Tombsy have no fear of demons, and can even "threaten to destroy them". https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-06-19

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:18 am 
Am I correct that today's strip implies that both binding and unbinding require death magic? This does not bode well for Gwynn.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
randomlanguage wrote:
Am I correct that today's strip implies that both binding and unbinding require death magic? This does not bode well for Gwynn.

Usually not, but quint made in sort that how the book was set so it would be bound in place with death magic. Allie probably killed cultists to bound additional spells.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:05 pm 
I wonder if 6 pack and a 20 demon (or at least the spell used to summon it) will appear at any point in this Book of E-ville origin story.

Technically, she she shouldn't have needed to kill anyone to bind new spells to the book, although she always seemed to be killing cultists when she did anyway. The death magic was to make the book want to reclaim removed spells. There was nothing about repelling new pages. In fact, Quintus suggested Allie might want to add a couple more spells to the book, so there shouldn't be any death magic required to add new spells. Just use the scroll of binding. The scroll of unbinding alone should also be able to remove a page as we see in this strip. It's just not sufficient for the page to reach "escape velocity" in a manner of speaking.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:30 pm 
I wonder if Allie's death magic was stronger than Siphy's partly because Quintus' sacrifice was voluntary.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:52 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
RowenMorland wrote:
I wonder if Allie's death magic was stronger than Siphy's partly because Quintus' sacrifice was voluntary.
That is a very good point.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:11 am 
RowenMorland wrote:

Or because Quint was a sorcerer as well and his life energy used in the spell was somehow more powerful?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 am 
swmartian wrote:
Is anyone else getting a feeling that the expedition that the main cast is on to help Gwynn add pages back into Book will not be to their benefit???

Yes! Specifically, given the almost word for word scripting...
VVK wrote:

I worry for Zoe, especially! I suspect that only her status as the Stormbreaker may protect her in the end (in spite of any attempts to save her by Torg...)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:57 pm 
superhunnybear wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Is anyone else getting a feeling that the expedition that the main cast is on to help Gwynn add pages back into Book will not be to their benefit???

Yes! Specifically, given the almost word for word scripting...
VVK wrote:

I worry for Zoe, especially! I suspect that only her status as the Stormbreaker may protect her in the end (in spite of any attempts to save her by Torg...)

Wow! Great catch!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:30 am 
This spec was partly inspired by trying to read the symbols of the guy she killed speech bubbles and partly by seeing the Book of Gud lying there, but do you think they could be in the Cave of Yffi? Probably not, but maybe...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:10 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
This spec was partly inspired by trying to read the symbols of the guy she killed speech bubbles and partly by seeing the Book of Gud lying there, but do you think they could be in the Cave of Yffi? Probably not, but maybe...

A bit too lacking in bottomless pit to be that.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:59 am 
So... the page that was found in that cave (and now restored to the Book). That cave was where Tombsy died.

And... even removing a page from the book requires death magic.

Tombsy died in order to remove that page, didn't he?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:52 pm 
CCC wrote:
So... the page that was found in that cave (and now restored to the Book). That cave was where Tombsy died.

And... even removing a page from the book requires death magic.

Tombsy died in order to remove that page, didn't he?

Maybe as part of a con on the bug. If multiple pages have been removed and you can disguise a spell does that mean you could switch the disguise on the torn out pages and secretly switch them after the fact.

So the spell near the bottomless pit might have been swapped for a different torn out page when the book and the bug were out of the loop and made to look like it was still that one.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 pm 
I like this spec. Not sure if the details will pan out quite that way, but I definitely think Pete left that tidbit about disguising a spell's nature for a later heist movie type reveal.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat