Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:03 pm 
Dunuloa doesn't seem to have much faith in Gwynn. My guess is that PoopyPants will go after the Stormbreaker relatively quickly and that will trigger an instinctive reaction in Gwynn. However, without the Book, how does the spell work? Hopefully, Dunuloa knew enough about the planned ritual to adjust her spell to accommodate a missing vessel...

But first, we need to find out how the Stakoi fit into all this. Something tells me we are about to switch to another backstory before we continue with the aftermath of this ritual...

Also, I've been thinking that it was odd that there was also a Magnus Interitus Infundibulum back at the Magic Shop. I wonder is there is more to it than just a convenient way to trap Lacey and free Aylee. I wonder if it was close enough to also be activated by the ritual, and if so, what it would end up doing (other than using Lacey for fuel...)

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:23 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Also, I've been thinking that it was odd that there was also a Magnus Interitus Infundibulum back at the Magic Shop. I wonder is there is more to it than just a convenient way to trap Lacey and free Aylee. I wonder if it was close enough to also be activated by the ritual, and if so, what it would end up doing (other than using Lacey for fuel...)

I'm pretty sure that was just for other purposes, like what Tombsy Jr. mentioned when talking about her righteous reward, etc.
It also makes a great plot exposition device.

I doubt it would be activated -- especially since the demon needs to be in the funnel rather than in the circle. No fuel = no reaction.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:04 pm 
swmartian wrote:
But first, we need to find out how the Stakoi fit into all this. Something tells me we are about to switch to another backstory before we continue with the aftermath of this ritual...

I keep forgetting about them! And, I think you're likely right, we're in for some new backstory. I wouldn't put it past Pete to leave us in suspense!

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:13 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I keep forgetting about them! And, I think you're likely right, we're in for some new backstory. I wouldn't put it past Pete to leave us in suspense!

...Oceans Unbleeding?

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:53 pm 
Okay, new spec. Yffi is actually Wilcott, somehow sent back through time and eternally preserved as a weird side effect of the altered ritual.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 6:09 pm 
OK, so we know that the Strakoi are involved in this ritual and expect to get something out of it. Even if they represent "evil undead," I somehow do not think that the end of the spark will benefit them, nor do I think that these vampires are dumb enough to think that freeing Kozoaku/Poopy Pants in this spark will preserve them into the next spark. Not sure what their angle is exactly, and since they expected to benefit no matter the outcome, how they thought ending the spark would be in their interest.

The symbol in Tuesday's comic appears to confirm that Yffi (presumably Symachus) is involved in this ritual. Kromiller's post in Reactions got me thinking... Symachus is clearly not a good guy, but even bad guys can learn that crime doesn't pay. So perhaps Symachus has a plan to re-entrap Kozoaku, hence saving the spark and perhaps getting him in the good graces of the gods again. Or at least giving him a bargaining chip. Again, I do not see how ending this spark is necessarily a good thing for him. Dare I say we need to know the backstory of how this spark's gods came to be gods in the first place?

Even if he is seeking redemption (at least of a sort), he has competition:
1. The Stormbreaker has been instrumental in preventing K'Z'K's reign twice now, and she almost has to be instrumental again.
2. Gwynn has Dunuloa's spell, and will eventually either remember that she has it or just use it in an instinctive rage.
3. The Strawman hasn't shown up yet, and somehow he always does (and is likely a potential).
4. A 'Bunny God of Power' was placed here specifically to help the potentials. He is absent in this opening scene, which suggests he still has a key role to play, though probably not the deciding role.
5. Chaz is powered up and ready to destroy...

oooh. I just had a really DARK thought. If the Book is destroyed and they need a scroll or book for Dunuloa's spell to work... Gwynn might be the only Book around!

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2023 1:09 pm 
I'm wondering if Symachus wants worse than just to free Kozoaku rather than better. He might actually be behind the tangle.

Also, while we definitely don't quite know how this sparks gods became gods, it was implied that Symachus became a god at least helped by setting Kozoaku free to destroy the 6th spark.And of course Krohnus was already a god basically at least in the previous spark if not even further back. I think he came into play in the 5th spark, but my memory is murky. From Siphaniana's telling he was blessed by the One.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:03 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
(..)
And of course Krohnus was already a god basically at least in the previous spark if not even further back. I think he came into play in the 5th spark, but my memory is murky. From Siphaniana's telling he was blessed by the One.

Yes.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:18 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Okay, new spec. Yffi is actually Wilcott, somehow sent back through time and eternally preserved as a weird side effect of the altered ritual.

Causal loop! Love it. Almost hope you don't get it because that would have been a great surprise (if you hadn't specced it).

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2023 3:20 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
GUIGUI wrote:
(...)

Krohnus himself state that the Dinosaurs predate any web and are therefore not tied to it.

While we are there speculating. Krohnus want to remove the dinosaurs because they predate any fateweb, but don't mind the mole people, meaning the mole people might actually be tied to it. Assuming they did not exist at the same time as Neanderthals, this could indicate that the mole people existed during the same Spark Kronhus came to be and that Krohnus himself IS a mole-person.

And now is an as good time as any to bring back a spec I did earlier that the 5th spark might have been the Dinosaur one and that Krohnus might have been a mole-person.

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:37 am 
so we know now that the ritual was meant to (at least) remove all the pages of the book. you need a ton of death magic to accomplish that, hence the demon sacrifices and the focus. but how does this help poopy pants? he spent a lot of time and effort tearing out only a few pages of the book. at some point he said that they are more powerful as a book and not as an individual page. so unbinding the book seems to be against his goals. in addition, the book seems to have a will of its own (courtesy of quintus liberliganus) and definitely wanted those pages back. was it ever answered why the pages should be torn out when they had the scroll of unbinding. this isn't adding up. #rambling #musings

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 12:47 am 
Hijacking the Reactions thread, since my response is speccy:
kromiller wrote:
BUT....Torg was also given the remote for the SHODDIE suit, which was in the van that Riff drove, as seen in THIS comic:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-06-16

Nope. Totally did not see that coming. But, Torg no longer has the remote. A few comics after the one kromiller linked to, Torg gives it back to Riff. I was wondering what Riff was holding in his hand.

I don't think he's going to flux Gwynn. I think she would lose her magic and all cohesion if she gets transported to another world. Possibly not, but I'm not convinced that transporting Gwynn would be great for the plot either way. I also don't think he'd transport Poopy, otherwise he would have let Torg keep the remote. Part of me thinks he'll move the aim down a bit and go for Lady Tomb instead. Not sure what that would do, but it might distract Poopy long enough to let Gwynn figure out her magic...

At any rate, I don't think Poopy has Gwynn in his hand or where the DFA is aiming. I think Lady Tomb distracted him just before he grabbed her. I think his left hand is on his hip.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 3:50 am 
I think we can all agree that poopypants can't get DFA'd, right? Like, not that he shouldn't, but that it's not possible. Maybe at BEST he could get transported to Timeless Space, but that'd hardly be a prison for him.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I think we can all agree that poopypants can't get DFA'd, right? Like, not that he shouldn't, but that it's not possible. Maybe at BEST he could get transported to Timeless Space, but that'd hardly be a prison for him.

Two thoughts here:

1) Berk's demon blaster. That was supposed to freeze K'Z'K, right? I'm not sure how that worked, but it sure seemed like a similar effect to timeless space.

2) If PP could get fluxed (and why couldn't a demon with physical form?) who's to say he wouldn't run out of time like anyone else?

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:11 am 
swmartian wrote:
(...)
I don't think he's going to flux Gwynn. I think she would lose her magic and all cohesion if she gets transported to another world.
(...)

If you are talking about her having been changed into a paper-book wife, I think it has been reversed and she is back to normal, same way Farahn is human again.

Which make me wonder about Siphy 2, fo who all that remains is a soul stuck in a piece of paper.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat