Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:50 am 
My guess is that the last arc of Sluggy will be Torg and Zoe preparing for their wedding with the last comic being the actual kiss. I'm hoping we get an epilogue about where the characters end up.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:18 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
In today's Valentine's Day comic, I do not think that breakfast going to shoot Kiki. I think it's a feint on Pete's part.. either that is not the sight of a gun, or Riff is going to try to shoot the book rather than Kiki herself.
Unless that's timed right, it'll cost more problems than it solves.

I suppose another option is that it is a gun but does not have bullets. Instead, perhaps it has sticky goo or a net that will catch Kiki/Ozzid.

As a side note, I really wish Pete would go back to at least two comics a week. It's hard to keep up the tension and suspense when you have to wait a whole week...

My suspicion is that Riff's sniper rifle is not a standard laser cannon. It's a Demon Blaster.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2001-03-10

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:19 pm 
eldion wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
In today's Valentine's Day comic, I do not think that breakfast going to shoot Kiki. I think it's a feint on Pete's part.. either that is not the sight of a gun, or Riff is going to try to shoot the book rather than Kiki herself.
Unless that's timed right, it'll cost more problems than it solves.

I suppose another option is that it is a gun but does not have bullets. Instead, perhaps it has sticky goo or a net that will catch Kiki/Ozzid.

As a side note, I really wish Pete would go back to at least two comics a week. It's hard to keep up the tension and suspense when you have to wait a whole week...

My suspicion is that Riff's sniper rifle is not a standard laser cannon. It's a Demon Blaster.

That makes sense, and I hope it will leave Kiki alone in the same way...

Also, I should be careful about talk to text! "Breakfast" was supposed to be "Riff is" :riff:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:50 pm 
eldion wrote:

Ah, you beat me! Although I was going to use the "tanning laser" reference. :gwynn:

Addendum: in rereading the strip I linked, it occurs to me that was our first example of someone "willing out" a demon possessing them. Gwynn just made it epic.

Last edited by Thom Solo on Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:03 pm 
maslego wrote:
My guess is that the last arc of Sluggy will be Torg and Zoe preparing for their wedding with the last comic being the actual kiss. I'm hoping we get an epilogue about where the characters end up.

I’m assuming the epilogue will be Zoe chasing down Torg and Zorg after they do something stupid.
Or perhaps Torg giving Zorg a lecture on the importance of emergency pants.

Something along those lines, anyway!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:05 am 
Spirantz wrote:
maslego wrote:

I’m assuming the epilogue will be Zoe chasing down Torg and Zorg after they do something stupid.
Or perhaps Torg giving Zorg a lecture on the importance of emergency pants.

Something along those lines, anyway!

Oh god I just imagined Bun Bun taking one look at Zorg and thinking "Anyone or anything that hurts you will die screaming" and never admitting that to ANYONE.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:26 pm 
I hadn't considered the demon blaster possibility; interesting.

My spec was that the laser blast would bounce off Chaz's (assumedly shiny) blade, and hit something unexpected. Then again, that could be someone else's sight, e.g. the shrewdly appearing-and-disappearing Strom/Straw/Stromboli/Stravagazzi/Streptococcus.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:43 pm 
Ozzid really doesn't want to help bring Poopypants back, does he?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:58 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:

It sure feels like he's hesitant. He actually cares about his past human counterparts.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:44 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

It sure feels like he's hesitant. He actually cares about his past human counterparts.

Yep, Ozzid once said that he wished he could protect Siphy II from the Book, but that she viewed it as her friend instead of her enemy.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2021-04-05

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:16 pm 
I don't know if he's hesitant so much as it's out of his control. It seems like he's compelled in some way by the Demonmeet. At least that was the sense I got. It didn't even seem like he wanted to go in the first place. To either of the two we've seen he's been to.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:36 pm 
That's kind of what I meant, though. He's not really interested in participating in all this.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:28 pm 
swmartian wrote:
4. Ozzid is under the (local) demon spell and that pull is stronger than Siphy II's (nonlocal) pull. He gives the Book back to Tombsy and the gang is back to square 0.

I was afraid that it was going to be #4. #1 would have been mildly funny, but too anti-climatic.

Anywho, Torg could throw Chaz now... But is Agent G'naaaw considered an expendable character??

Alternatively, Aylee could catch up with her - but that tangle could get messy...

Will Riff be able to get off another shot? If it is just a laser cannon, I am not sure how much shooting G'naaaw would actually accomplish.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:02 pm 
I'd laugh if Kiki was freed/saved by someone telling her to "Stay Good"

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:21 am 
swmartian wrote:
Anywho, Torg could throw Chaz now... But is Agent G'naaaw considered an expendable character??

After Torg had to break off last time, I really want to see this happen.

swmartian wrote:
Will Riff be able to get off another shot? If it is just a laser cannon, I am not sure how much shooting G'naaaw would actually accomplish.

Historically, it's put a hole in her that takes a short time to heal (shortly before she chowed down on Sam). A few blasts, though, could at least get her to drop the Book. I wonder how many it would take to put a crimp in her regen style.

maslego wrote:
I'd laugh if Kiki was freed/saved by someone telling her to "Stay Good"

I doubt this will happen, but I'd love to be wrong. :D

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat