Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:15 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
swmartian wrote:

This comic [3.22.22] suggests that Siphaniana II's soul survived her fiery demise in the sinkhole - and that is what awakens Ozzid. Perhaps only the Book burned away, releasing her from Farahn's possession. In that case, Gwynn just gained one hell of an ally. And things are about to get VERY interesting. (I think that last sentence is safe spec - ha, ha).

WOW -- the comic for 3/24/22 seems to show this is exactly what happened! Siphy's final shout of 'Sparrow' and burning up seems to be what woke Ozzid, who popped into his rune-cage just as Gwynn poofed out the Torg Crew. Minus Kiki, for which she should never be forgiven.

LOL. Funny, because I thought the 3.24.22 comic proved that - once again - my spec was wrong. Ozzid actually unfaded - awoke - as Siphy was first released. He just takes too long to wake up and get to her before her fiery demise. He returns from a flight down the sinkhole, with just a shred of paper, stating "all that's left." So now he's awake, with no bloodline to be bound to... ...and he meets Kiki. Seems to me that some of the Kiki-Ozzid spec is much more likely to unfold at this point. But I appreciate the vote of confidence anyway! :kiki:

Then again, I really feel like there has to be more to Ozzid than just a new friend for Kiki... We'll see...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:11 pm 
Im guessing that Ozzid is going to give Kiki a ride back to her friends OR Kiki will get kidnapped and Ozzid will go tell the others about her. That is why he is in the background of the last comic before the roommate arc started. Also did anyone else heart broke a bit when he returned to his cage? Like he was happy back when he had Quin and his bloodline, but he became lost without them.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:53 am 
Rasei wrote:
Im guessing that Ozzid is going to give Kiki a ride back to her friends OR Kiki will get kidnapped and Ozzid will go tell the others about her. That is why he is in the background of the last comic before the roommate arc started. Also did anyone else heart broke a bit when he returned to his cage? Like he was happy back when he had Quin and his bloodline, but he became lost without them.

I agree with your first spec. Seems more fitting to the personality of both of his little creatures. And yes, I also felt sad when he went back to his cage to sleep for centuries.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:29 am 
ong wrote:
Oh, so now we know Ozzid was at the sinkhole at the same time as our merry band, it seems obvious that that's how the "poor Kiki" storyline will be resolved.

Spec: Kiki will allow herself to be possessed. Meaning that the winged figure on the anniversary panel is actually Kiki with wings.

I hoped it wasn't going to be true, but you nailed this one.

Now I hope that it is just temporary. Stay good(ish), Ozzid! Kiki on sugar is powerful enough... Ozki (Kikkid? Kikzid?) is possibly more than this world can take!

(And, upon typing Kikzid, and seeing how similar to 'Kizke'... shudder! Or maybe just the thing to take on K'z'k???)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:32 am 
superhunnybear wrote:
ong wrote:
Oh, so now we know Ozzid was at the sinkhole at the same time as our merry band, it seems obvious that that's how the "poor Kiki" storyline will be resolved.

Spec: Kiki will allow herself to be possessed. Meaning that the winged figure on the anniversary panel is actually Kiki with wings.

I hoped it wasn't going to be true, but you nailed this one.

Now I hope that it is just temporary. Stay good(ish), Ozzid! Kiki on sugar is powerful enough... Ozki (Kikkid? Kikzid?) is possibly more than this world can take!

(And, upon typing Kikzid, and seeing how similar to 'Kizke'... shudder! Or maybe just the thing to take on K'z'k???)

Woohoooo!

I don't really think Ozzid is bad, he seems more like a neutral small time demon that follows the orders of whoever he falls under the influence of. I wonder if Kiki might remind him of his friend Olebelle, of «KILL YOU W' MY CLAOWS» fame.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:05 am 
So I just did a quick archive dive (because, you know, I have a lot of work to do but this is more important) to track down demon Kiki from the Dimension of Lame.

Here she is being turned by squid-on-a-stick: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=42#2004-06-06.

What I'm not sure about is whether she was stuck there having arrived with Jerk!Torg who wasn't Lame!Torg after all https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?book=13#2004-12-06.

Now this is wild spec on tenuous ground, and probably just me looking too deep into lore that Pete might not plan to revisit ever, but does this mean that Jerk!Kiki was either the Dimension of Lame's or the Dimension of Jerk's equivalent to Lord Sluggy? Was Kiki the Mokhadun deity for violence in that dimension, with the name Sproing?

Of course if she's from the Dimension of Jerks it is just as likely she has the same backstory as Sluggy Prime Kiki and that she's just a jerk because everyone else in that dimension is.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:03 am 
We haven't seen bun bun possessed, and I HIGHLY doubt he ever would be, unwillingly (note: holidays aren't possession). I can't imagine the equivalent from another dimension putting up with that.

My money is on her just being a jerk.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:43 am 
As best I recall, though I don't feel like digging into the archives myself to verify, it was confirmed 8n That Which Redeems that Lame Riff brought Jerk Kiki from another dimension to replace his Kiki.

Honestly though, I think that was probably a retcon to make things more consistent. Originally Pete probably just made DOL Kiki a jerk as a joke to contrast DOL Bun-Bun.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:57 am 
Spirantz wrote:
We haven't seen bun bun possessed, and I HIGHLY doubt he ever would be, unwillingly (note: holidays aren't possession). I can't imagine the equivalent from another dimension putting up with that.

My money is on her just being a jerk.

Probably yes, and like Lord Golbez said, that element was probably just there for comedy at the beginning. But remember that the squid on a stick doesn't cause possession but changes the nature of the person into a demon somehow.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:22 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I wasn't daring to hope before, but it has just dawned on me that there might actually be a very tiny little bit of chance that the Scribe might still be alive, somehow.

It's because I just re-thought of this bit and what Ozzid said there:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-03-29
Siphy II Just survive with her soul still remaining in a single bit of page.

And while the sword clearly killed the demon...
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-08-06

...And shattered her body, there might be hope for her soul to have survived the spread of death by jettisoning in just one of the pages, like Siphy II inadvertently did:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-08-10

Pete seems to even have seeded that possibility on that point too, when Gwynn impaled the book on the sword:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-08-17

Stabbing the house does not kill the person who lives inside, he siad, and, like Siphy II, having been transformed, The Scribe's changed body might now be more a house for their soul instead of being physically more intertwined with the soul like it seems to be the case for regular humans in the Sluggy verse.

Maybe a body with two souls is not that different from a prisoner in a cell, if the body is no longer human, that's it.

Food for thought.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:08 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
That is Grade AAA spec, right there.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:33 pm 
Assuming that Siphy soul survived in the page, do we think that Ozzid is still compelled to serve her?

I find the above comics to suggest that Ozzid is not.

Because if Ozzid is, I would say the theory of Alligia still being alive in some form of undead might be harpooned.

Because if Ozzid is not, the theory of Alligia being undead is still alive!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:11 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
skincell wrote:
Assuming that Siphy soul survived in the page, do we think that Ozzid is still compelled to serve her?

I find the above comics to suggest that Ozzid is not.

Because if Ozzid is, I would say the theory of Alligia still being alive in some form of undead might be harpooned.

Because if Ozzid is not, the theory of Alligia being undead is still alive!

He isn't disobeying any order of her, technically. He only is bound to serve and keep his master safe in the limit of his capacities. Nothing indicate he isn't doing that.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:16 pm 
I think Ozzid is either going to join the Sluggy crew or be an ally with them. He called certain stalker a monster and clearly cares for his (now dead) family. He lived with Allie and her family for generations and the only thing that woke him up after centuries was Selpy 2 coming back. Ozzid is also the only character still alive that knows how the books were created and he might also remember what spells were used. In fact, he knows so much infomation that he has a death flag or two in my head at the moment. Ozzid could also feel like he has to stay because they have the books and maybe he would want to protect what is left of his family's lives work. Did they stop and grab the pages of the book that hold Edna? O

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:19 am 
Today's strip, where Basphomy and various demons into the hotel room, seems to portend one of two things for me. The hotel room is probably small, as most hotel rooms are, and there are a lot of demons there. Not much room to fight. So either we'll have talking instead and learn more about this demon meet. Or Zoe and Torg will jump out the window. We'll see!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat