Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:00 pm 
Spec: Eventually we will see Siphy or one of her descendants/successors (depending on whether she has kids) will end up in Britain and leave the Book of Gud in the Cave of Yffi. Torgamous was warlord of Mercia, which was an Anglo-Saxon kingdom in what is now England, and Trent is a river that runs partially through Mercia.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I like this spec. Not sure if the details will pan out quite that way, but I definitely think Pete left that tidbit about disguising a spell's nature for a later heist movie type reveal.

It feels like there could be some sort of shell game going on with the three books, and/or the torn pages.

I'm eager fr more clues and herrings!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
The "You gave yourself to me" line, which probably explain how the Book was able to absorb Siphaniana, reminds me of when Gwynn finally accepted the help of the book to fix her eyes (and her scar (and grew a few inches))
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-01-23

This might be the point when She truly "gave herself" to the book and why Farhan was able to take over her.

Here is Gwynn telling how Farhan proposed to give more of himself to her:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-03-23
Now if we recontextualise this with what he said in the last update it doens't paint the best of picture:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
The "You gave yourself to me" line, which probably explain how the Book was able to absorb Siphaniana, reminds me of when Gwynn finally accepted the help of the book to fix her eyes (and her scar (and grew a few inches))
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-01-23

This might be the point when She truly "gave herself" to the book and why Farhan was able to take over her.

Here is Gwynn telling how Farhan proposed to give more of himself to her:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2015-03-23
Now if we recontextualise this with what he said in the last update it doens't paint the best of picture:
https://static.sluggy.com/comics/900/15 ... YDHIto.png
https://static.sluggy.com/comics/900/21 ... OrkbuV.png
https://static.sluggy.com/comics/900/21 ... uzuc9S.png

And in the Dimension of Lame there was Lady Gwynn of the Book. So far Gwynn has kept herself "safe" by either acting subservient or using Cappy Bo to avoid Farahn. Now she has to face the music... It would seem that Farahn has managed to manipulate each Servant of the Book to get him that much closer to... ...what end game, exactly? And then they eventually defy him and end up getting sucked in. Gwynn is responsible for momentarily freeing K'Z'K - but I do not think that she has furthered anything that would help Farahn. I wonder if he's already asked her to do something that she is not willing to do. Is that why we are reaching this climax now?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm 
swmartian wrote:
And in the Dimension of Lame there was Lady Gwynn of the Book. So far Gwynn has kept herself "safe" by either acting subservient or using Cappy Bo to avoid Farahn. Now she has to face the music... It would seem that Farahn has managed to manipulate each Servant of the Book to get him that much closer to... ...what end game, exactly? And then they eventually defy him and end up getting sucked in. Gwynn is responsible for momentarily freeing K'Z'K - but I do not think that she has furthered anything that would help Farahn. I wonder if he's already asked her to do something that she is not willing to do. Is that why we are reaching this climax now?

It might just be that the book of Rother Nioce wasn't as extreme as Farahn in payment demands.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:02 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Something I finally noticed from Tuesday's comic as well as the comment about the absence of K'Z'K future version when he possess Farhan in the 10th frame is that it might actually be the unaltered version of the events, the timeline where Siphaniana didn't switch mind with Gwynn before it converged back with the timeline where K'Z'K mind ghost did some time alteration. It's possible we didn't see the dialogues of 5th and 6th panels in the Mokhadun arc because those are exclusive to the unaltered events.

I have some interest in this untempered version of those event, because Gwynn's involvement was a big factor in King Farhan's actions. It make me wonder how, in the untempered timeline, Queen Siphaniana interacted with Kron and what role she played. Was being camel cursed enough for Farhan to seek "Justice" to Symachus? We know she didn't actually loved Kron and might have even actually genuinely loved Farhan. She would probably have been really upset of what the necklace did to her. Instead of Farhan holding "her" prisoner up until she told him she loved him, wad Siphaniana, in that unaltered timeline, on the side of Farhan, pushing him to punish Kron?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:03 am 
Is Pete Ok? Missing comic today, reference in the header to plot lines not working.

Here's hoping Pete's taking a mental health day to binge watch The Odd Couple.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: poisonivyy_ae
GUIGUI wrote:
I have some interest in this untempered version of those event, because Gwynn's involvement was a big factor in King Farhan's actions. It make me wonder how, in the untempered timeline, Queen Siphaniana interacted with Kron and what role she played. Was being camel cursed enough for Farhan to seek "Justice" to Symachus? We know she didn't actually loved Kron and might have even actually genuinely loved Farhan. She would probably have been really upset of what the necklace did to her. Instead of Farhan holding "her" prisoner up until she told him she loved him, wad Siphaniana, in that unaltered timeline, on the side of Farhan, pushing him to punish Kron?

Or is there even an unaltered timeline, or is this the way it’s always happened.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:16 am 
K'Z'K's outright said that he made some minor alteration compared to how things were before, to give him a chance in the present.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-03-21
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-03-26

He also mention how, even if you try to alter the past, all still come back to how things were supposed to be thanks to the fate web.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-03-20

Then again, it's possible that "unaltered" timeline was always a lie, caused by K'Z'K erasing his own memory, but I ouldn't discard his knowledge for timeline so swiftly anyway. K'Z'K says that time travel incursion does not create a new timeline and the timeflow tend to stir back to were it originally was refusing with the original timline and causing only some minor alteration and only a radical change can create alternate timeline.

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am 
Is anyone else thinking that because Quint has given the bug the tools to use here, that this might be him tricking the bug into coming up with an idea he wants to happen as part of the 2000 year plan?

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:28 am 
RowenMorland wrote:
Is anyone else thinking that because Quint has given the bug the tools to use here, that this might be him tricking the bug into coming up with an idea he wants to happen as part of the 2000 year plan?

I guess we'll see soon. But we have already got the confirmation that K'Z'K almost managed to get free several time out of the scroll before Quint got to have it, so I guess his measures probably were necessary. Effectively managed to hold the bug for a thousand years and then some more.

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:26 am 
It seems a bit strange that Pete forwarded over Allie's demise twice. We saw both Quint's and Siphy's ends but not Allie's. I could see it as just trying to advance the story more quickly, but the fact that he's going over the same events again and skipped Allie's death again makes me think Pete's holding something back for a reveal. Initially, I thought we were going to learn that the bug had some role in her demise, but since we skipped over it in this sub-chapter that seems less likely. Perhaps she never even died. Perhaps something else, but I suspect there's more to be revealed about Allie's fate later.

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:20 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Lord Golbez wrote:
It seems a bit strange that Pete forwarded over Allie's demise twice. We saw both Quint's and Siphy's ends but not Allie's. I could see it as just trying to advance the story more quickly, but the fact that he's going over the same events again and skipped Allie's death again makes me think Pete's holding something back for a reveal. Initially, I thought we were going to learn that the bug had some role in her demise, but since we skipped over it in this sub-chapter that seems less likely. Perhaps she never even died. Perhaps something else, but I suspect there's more to be revealed about Allie's fate later.

Whoa, that gives me an idea for some interesting speculation...

eta: ...which I can just go ahead and post in this thread. I thought we were in Reactions for a second! XD

Maybe Allie is Synthea La (Le?) Mort??? She certainly looks like she could be a couple thousand years old!

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I always thought that statue of her looked a bit too... "surprised" to just be carved out of stone.

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Zillatain wrote:
I always thought this statue of her looked a bit too... "surprised" to just be carved out of stone.

lol that would be quite a twist!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat