Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:44 pm 
ong wrote:
ramoss wrote:

My guess is that she got a fragment of soul put into her so the Ozzid will have to obey her.

I thought that for a while, but today's last bit reinforces that to me.

Nice idea, but a fragment of whose soul? One of the bloodline of Siphy II? When would that have happened?

Unless Gwynn turned out to be descended from *that* Siphy and not the one she body-swapped with.

The soul fragment that the bug took from Siphy II. When Farahn imprisoned Sisphy 2, he said 'When I gave her power, I took a piece of her soul', and the bug responded "as did i"
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-06-04

I think that the Bug plans to use Gwynn to try to release him again via Ozzid. I bet he thinks if Farahn is destroyed, he will be released from the book, since he was imprisoned in Farahn.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:41 am 
ramoss wrote:

The soul fragment that the bug took from Siphy II. When Farahn imprisoned Sisphy 2, he said 'When I gave her power, I took a piece of her soul', and the bug responded "as did i"

Oh, good catch! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:27 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ramoss wrote:

I think that the Bug plans to use Gwynn to try to release him again via Ozzid. I bet he thinks if Farahn is destroyed, he will be released from the book, since he was imprisoned in Farahn.

I always thought this comment was about the bug having a Farahn's soul fragment.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:32 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
ramoss wrote:

I always thought this comment was about the bug having a Farahn's soul fragment.

I took it to mean part of Siphy II soul.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 am 
ramoss wrote:

I also think it's about Siphy, but that the bug hasn't really had access to the world to make use of it. It'll come into the picture eventually!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:26 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
ramoss wrote:

I also think it's about Siphy, but that the bug hasn't really had access to the world to make use of it. It'll come into the picture eventually!

I think he put it in Gwynn when he got possession of her , as a backup

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:16 am 
ramoss wrote:
I think he put it in Gwynn when he got possession of her , as a backup

Oh! That makes sense as I think about it and how he was (before Cappy) able to contact and manipulate Gwynn

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:01 am 
Oh, so now we know Ozzid was at the sinkhole at the same time as our merry band, it seems obvious that that's how the "poor Kiki" storyline will be resolved.

Spec: Kiki will allow herself to be possessed. Meaning that the winged figure on the anniversary panel is actually Kiki with wings.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:42 am 
ong wrote:
Oh, so now we know Ozzid was at the sinkhole at the same time as our merry band, it seems obvious that that's how the "poor Kiki" storyline will be resolved.

Spec: Kiki will allow herself to be possessed. Meaning that the winged figure on the anniversary panel is actually Kiki with wings.

My spec, before I read this thread, is that Kiki befriended Ozzid (she's good at that!) and she's riding him, or being carried.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:40 am 
Biscuit wrote:
ong wrote:

My spec, before I read this thread, is that Kiki befriended Ozzid (she's good at that!) and she's riding him, or being carried.

I hope I'm right because I dig the idea of a demonic Kiki.
Or maybe she ends up so hungry she eats a leftover of Siphy's paper form (mmm, barbecue) and thus enters the bloodline so Ozzid has to obey her. (I know, that one is a bit of a stretch)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:53 pm 
Ha. I'm loving the Kiki spec.

OK, so most of my spec is wrong. And this comic demonstrates that Ozzid is not near because Allie somehow fulfilled her intent to be immortal. But that doesn't stop me from continuing to try...

This comic suggests that Siphaniana II's soul survived her fiery demise in the sinkhole - and that is what awakens Ozzid. Perhaps only the Book burned away, releasing her from Farahn's possession. In that case, Gwynn just gained one hell of an ally. And things are about to get VERY interesting. (I think that last sentence is safe spec - ha, ha).

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Just wanted to point out that with the extra content delivered today, it has been established that the book itself as a will of its own to be complete: the death magic will of Quint. Interesting.

But would it mean Chaz actually killed that will, when it stabbed the book?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:24 pm 
Ahh, so the magic power is not from Farahn or the Bug but rather the Book itself. So theoretically Gwynn could still access it if Farahn or the Bug were gone.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Just wanted to point out that with the extra content delivered today, it has been established that the book itself as a will of its own to be complete: the death magic will of Quint. Interesting.

But would it mean Chaz actually killed that will, when it stabbed the book?

Well, considering that will seems to be exclusively driven to keeping all bound pages in the book, there wouldn't be much more use for it anyway unless a page is removed again or there are still missing pages.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:00 am 
swmartian wrote:

This comic suggests that Siphaniana II's soul survived her fiery demise in the sinkhole - and that is what awakens Ozzid. Perhaps only the Book burned away, releasing her from Farahn's possession. In that case, Gwynn just gained one hell of an ally. And things are about to get VERY interesting. (I think that last sentence is safe spec - ha, ha).

WOW -- the comic for 3/24/22 seems to show this is exactly what happened! Siphy's final shout of 'Sparrow' and burning up seems to be what woke Ozzid, who popped into his rune-cage just as Gwynn poofed out the Torg Crew. Minus Kiki, for which she should never be forgiven.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat