Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:07 am 
Yahoo Messenger: poisonivyy_ae
Zillatain wrote:
I always thought this statue of her looked a bit too... "surprised" to just be carved out of stone.

She’s also the only one to have her full body on the podium.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:11 pm 
poisonivyy wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
I always thought this statue of her looked a bit too... "surprised" to just be carved out of stone.

She’s also the only one to have her full body on the podium.

I mean, you can still encase someone in stone if they're not 'all there'.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:00 am 
Most likely the book will be found by someone from the Kingdom of Trent, but part of me wonders if a certain captain of the mortar and pestle will find it first.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:23 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
So, death Magic is required to remove K'Z'K from Farhan, isn't it?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:24 am 
I think it's about the souls. Removing the pages by the spell of unbinding would be fine for just removing pages,but it wouldn't help K'Z'K collect souls.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Quint made it explicitly clear that death magic was sacrifice of life, not soul.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:09 pm 
Which frees up the soul to be harvested by the bug,because it's not being used to power the spell. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got from this comic. That removing the pages by death magic really had nothing to do with removing them more permanently than by unbinding and everything to do with the killing. And we know K'Z'K is the soul collector, while Kozoaku didn't really know what that was all about in Mohkadun. I think we're getting the origin of how he started taking on that role here. It's possible though that he's not collecting the victim's souls and getting Siphy to use death magic is simply helping K'Z'K collect bits of her soul. Seems like an awful lot of time and energy put into getting one soul but that could be the case.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:16 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Seems like an awful lot of time and energy put into getting one soul but that could be the case.

beggers can't be choosers. Except in r/ChoosingBeggars, of course.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:11 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
It's possible though that he's not collecting the victim's souls and getting Siphy to use death magic is simply helping K'Z'K collect bits of her soul. Seems like an awful lot of time and energy put into getting one soul but that could be the case.

Perhaps it's a bit of both? K'Z'K gets the victims' souls outright, but also gets a foothold on Siphy's soul, maybe with his hold increasing exponentially?

Or he could simply be a sadistic bastard who enjoying making people kill. :kzk:

Or both.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Not sure whether this means anything yet, but this comic appears to be the first time we see the "B" symbol. Although Bun-Bun, er I mean Sluggy, is wearing it, it is interesting that this comic is also our first view of Dunuloa....

swmartian wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
If that's Sluggy's symbol, the mummy may just stop attacking on seeing Bun-Bun.

It does not appear to be Sluggy's symbol... Sluggy's symbol is seen here and here. Sluggy is wearing the blanket in Dunuloa's lab. I am thinking that the symbol has more to do with her than with him. But I haven't found anything further.... Yet....

</Keanu>WHOA.</End Keanu>
OK, so after finding Bun-Bun... er... Sluggy wearing the "B" symbol, I ended up getting sucked into yet another archive dive. I am just now back to the point in the story where B... Sluggy is seen wearing the "B" symbol. Slightly after that vision, we have this comic:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-11-13

I had so forgotten that comic, but I am getting the sense that all the fate web stuff, the current story ark, and the "code" word "Sluggy" may all be just about to collide... I mean, come together. And I seriously doubt that Strom, Strum, Straw or Warren Nashville (or whatever is real name is) being involved in the 2013 story line (read a few more comics into the story from the above link) is a coincidence. Strom was instrumental in the 4U City rebellion, and must somehow be related to our main cast of characters....

Part of me is soooo intrigued. And the other part is scared: Could we actually be nearing the end of Sluggy?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 am 
swmartian wrote:
(...)Could we actually be nearing the end of Sluggy?

Not before Torg and Zoe marry and have 2 or 3 Zorgs of their own.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:32 am 
In terms of story, I do think we're nearing the end. In terms of actual time until the comic's completed? I'm guessing we've got a few more years. We'll make it past 25+ for sure.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:19 am 
Don't know if it has been said before, but it seems more and more likely to me that Chaz has been replaced by a decoy.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 pm 
You would expect a sword that the Time Father could not destroy to be a little more resistant to bring bent out of shape, so it does seem plausible. I'm wondering then if there was a good opportunity in the plot for his sword to have been switched out. When was the last time we saw Chaz active? Have we since they got back from the Anima dimension?

I think it also brings up the question of who would? I can easily imagine plenty of parties who would like to have the sword and/or for Torg to not have the sword. However, it seems to me that the number of individuals who would care enough about Torg thinking he has the sword to replace it with a convincing duplicate would be far fewer. Sure having Torg think he has a magic sword in a battle with demons could be a tactical advantage, but the only tactical advantage most demons would need is for him to just not have the sword.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:39 pm 
Option a:
Some Vampires with some sort of convoluted agenda in respect to Sam, did the switch
Option b:
It was switched while they were in the anima world. Good luck retrieving it back
Option c:
the prolonged stay in the anima world was much more of a strain on Chaz than expected. He said he could survive for 10 years without magic, but what does it say when there is a completely different structure in place (tapestry instead of the fate web).

That being said, Chaz (and Satan) both come from the Never, a reality outside of any Fate Web, outside of any Tapestry and yet where being such as Kozoaku or Rithuly seem to be able to exist. And absence of Magic shouldn't hurt him that bad.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat