Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 am 
archnemesis_g wrote:
Spec
Riff's mom is the next monster they have to fight.

Rather, I'm seeing her as an unlikely ally/heroine. The enemy of my enemy....
Plus, she was the one that stayed to raise Riff, while her irresponsible husband galavanted around the world, chasing demons....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:12 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Just thinking about it, but maybe Torg's sword has been replaced by a fake one.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 am 
Uh oh, is the page of binding being used to bind Gwynn?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:26 am 
Spec: Riff's dad playing the long con.

He setup the pages. He knows about Farahn. He plans to try to separate Gwynn and the book, while taking the power himself.

It at first succeeds. All seems lost! But Gwynn is finally free! Then Gwynn voluntarily rejoins with the book to stop him.

Classic video game storyline. But of course, Pete never goes with standard, so.... I doubt this would happen.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:25 am 
spec: The mummy is telling Kiki the story.
And she gets hand puppets half way through!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:30 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Spec: Riff's dad playing the long con.

He setup the pages. He knows about Farahn. He plans to try to separate Gwynn and the book, while taking the power himself.

It at first succeeds. All seems lost! But Gwynn is finally free! Then Gwynn voluntarily rejoins with the book to stop him.

Classic video game storyline. But of course, Pete never goes with standard, so.... I doubt this would happen.

So I'm assuming that Riff's dad originally found the book in that pit in Italy. I don't know why Zoe was so surprised that a page from the book would be near Riff's father's work, or why Torg was wondering how the book got from Riff's father to them. Riff stated all the way back in Chapter 1 that he found the book in the attic, it isn't that far fetched to assume that it came from a box of his dad's stuff (the same way he got ahold of the Wand of Scoobusbobio Du in Chapter 9).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:55 am 
Maybe this is the story of how Dunuloa got released and became basphomy?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:54 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

Um, Dunuloa just invents Basphomy, she does not actually become her...

That said... So remember when I noted that the "B" had only been seen before on Bun-Bun (er, Sluggy) when he was sleeping in Dunuloa's lab? Since it is not his symbol, I postulated then, that the symbol had something to do with Dunuloa. Here, Quint is wearing it. At first I thought that I was once again wrong - as I usually am with my spec. But apparently there is a connection to the moon twin - and hence to Dunuloa. The connection also fits with Dunuloa experimenting with reanimating corpses, as she was seen doing to the mummy that was sent to guard her treasures in the pyramid that Riff & Torg visited, and it was her magic that bound Farahn and Kozoaku to the scroll in the first place. This story will be about who becomes that mummy in the book and the connection to Dunuloa or the Moon Twin.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:14 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Yeah I agree with swmartian. I think this will be the back story of the mummy the gang just fought. I'm definitely getting Mosp vibes with the timing and scope of this aside. I suspect we may also get more info on Baspohomy's back story as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 am 
It appears this will also be the story of how the Book of Eville was made.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:57 pm 
Oh my! Here I was hoping to get more info on the Book of Eville's history and the new sub-chapter delivers!

So this Quintus guy, what do we think? Could this be Sharon Gall's ancestor? They both dabble in science and magic...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:19 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Oh my! Here I was hoping to get more info on the Book of Eville's history and the new sub-chapter delivers!

So this Quintus guy, what do we think? Could this be Sharon Gall's ancestor? They both dabble in science and magic...

Taking into account that he has kids and lives more than 100 generations away, he might be the ancestor of pretty much the whole world population...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:38 am 
swmartian wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

That said... So remember when I noted that the "B" had only been seen before on Bun-Bun (er, Sluggy) when he was sleeping in Dunuloa's lab? Since it is not his symbol, I postulated then, that the symbol had something to do with Dunuloa. Here, Quint is wearing it. At first I thought that I was once again wrong - as I usually am with my spec. But apparently there is a connection to the moon twin - and hence to Dunuloa. .

It could easily be a representation of twin pyramids, rather than a B.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:54 am 
Or, depending on what happens in this chapter, maybe no one .... and a whole lot of in between.

swmartian wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

That said... So remember when I noted that the "B" had only been seen before on Bun-Bun (er, Sluggy) when he was sleeping in Dunuloa's lab? Since it is not his symbol, I postulated then, that the symbol had something to do with Dunuloa. Here, Quint is wearing it. At first I thought that I was once again wrong - as I usually am with my spec. But apparently there is a connection to the moon twin - and hence to Dunuloa. The connection also fits with Dunuloa experimenting with reanimating corpses, as she was seen doing to the mummy that was sent to guard her treasures in the pyramid that Riff & Torg visited, and it was her magic that bound Farahn and Kozoaku to the scroll in the first place. This story will be about who becomes that mummy in the book and the connection to Dunuloa or the Moon Twin.

Remember when I pointed out that it was seen on Bun-Bun throughout the Mohkadun chapter and not only when he was in Dunuloa's lab? I guess he could have just stolen it from her lab though.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:57 pm 
I'm starting to get what Riff's father was going for at the start of the chapter.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat