Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The previous Mega Speculation Thread (aka What Will Happen Next - THE GAME (Episode 6)) went on for much too long, nor has it been a "game" for some time as well.

So here's a new thread for any and all of your predictions/discussions that don't necessarily need you making a new thread for it. Or maybe you should make a new thread but you're too lazy. That works as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:19 am 
My guess is that will awaken something when they cut those vines. I am not sure the something will be evil. I kind of hope it's strange but not dangerous.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
I am wondering what they will think when they activate the return remote (after spending a couple of weeks running around the island) and find that 50 years have gone by on Earth.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:14 pm 
parannoyed wrote:
I am wondering what they will think when they activate the return remote (after spending a couple of weeks running around the island) and find that 50 years have gone by on Earth.

Hmmm...that seems within the realm of possibility. It will allow things to fully settle down and new situations to develop. And we have precedent with 4U City's Riff and our Riff.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 pm 
parannoyed wrote:

Of course, it could go the other way, too: they could spend a couple of weeks running around the island only to return an hour or two after they left!

It surprises me that everyone seems to simply assume that time moves at the same speed in alternate dimensions…

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 am 
I find it troubling that the one tree they find that seems to be wilting is also the one that has gold vines running all over it. Probably wasn't a good idea to bring those back to camp.

I'm wondering if the Anima blue thingies are somehow a representation of that person's "soul." If it is I'm really curious to see what Zoe's looks like and I also find it interesting that the moon seems to have a soul. I wonder if the bird had a blue thing with it before Biyu speared it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 am 
AOL: johnb821
Is there a way the Trevors could end up becoming Isp and Osp?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:07 am 
But does the moon have a soul? Or is that the thing which created the Animas? After all, no other inanimate objects have a blue thing. You know what this is starting to seem like, actually? Like it might be a version of one of the previous Sparks. Gwynn is there to exposit for everyone if it is, so this would be a great opportunity to see the distant past without affecting the timeline.

On that note, I feel like if Riff has the DFA's tech working at a confidence level where he can jump back and forth at will, then it should be well within his means to do the ol' "look ahead" time trick Gumpy!Riff did back in 4U (or not do it, rather). ie they shouldn't have any worries about ending up at an unintended time.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 pm 
I just realized... we haven't seen Kiki's anima yet, have we? She was with the gang when they got ZAPPO'd to wherever they are now.

Speculation: Kiki will be able to interact with the animae.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:34 pm 
It may be a bit of a stretch, but these animae kind of remind me of Groundhog’s Shadow—I wonder whether they are actually able to speak, or whether they are intentionally keeping silent?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm 
The Anima manifestations seem to me like less substantial versions of the soul creatures from the Philip Pullman books like The Golden Compass. They seem to take on aspect relevant to the character they attach to. I think Torg's most resembles a two-headed Aylee.

The golden wire....well that makes me think of the networked biosphere of Avatar.

I don't think I've seen Kiki or Frog recently at all.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
erewhon wrote:
The Anima manifestations seem to me like less substantial versions of the soul creatures from the Philip Pullman books like The Golden Compass.

Yep. I would absolutely have called them dæmons if the chapter title hadn't establised "anima". (It should be noted that Pullman-esque dæmons are very different from Abrams-esque demons.)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:47 am 
I also wonder if Daiyu and Shankraft are 'Redshirts' in this Arc.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 am 
erewhon wrote:

I think it more likely that they will choose to stay behind to let the gang escape.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:22 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
erewhon wrote:

I think it more likely that they will choose to stay behind to let the gang escape.

Can't they be both?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat