Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
maslego wrote:
I'd laugh if Kiki was freed/saved by someone telling her to "Stay Good"

I doubt this will happen, but I'd love to be wrong. :D

I don't care what actually happens. This is now canon. :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:12 pm 
Doing another re-read and just hit the first Torg Potter story.

Imagine if Pete had a story in mind where the real Torg Potter came for revenge against Torg for ruining his reputation only for Pete to see the news of JKR burning down all her good will.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:02 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
maslego wrote:
Doing another re-read and just hit the first Torg Potter story.

Imagine if Pete had a story in mind where the real Torg Potter came for revenge against Torg for ruining his reputation only for Pete to see the news of JKR burning down all her good will.

In retrospect, making all of the characters of the parody a bunch of assholes (save for the Hermione and Ron spoof) and removing the one protagonist who ends up being glad owning a slave at the end was all good foresight from Pete.

Similarly, going to war against the whole Dilbert cast was also a good call.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:52 am 
You know I wasn't feeling too sure that Kira would help stop the ritual what with her being a) a psychopath and b) in love with wilcott. Then I looked at some of the related archive following Pete's links and was reminded that the king wrote in her book that all she wanted to do is make the bug's life hell. I reckon that writing still holds enough sway that she would try to prevent him from being freed.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:18 am 
Interesting point -- but I guess she could still have a really bad idea of how to accomplish that...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:26 am 
So currently we have the good vs. evil teams: Tombsy is "Evil Zoe". Wilcott is "Evil Riff". Skip is "Evil Aylee". Vampires on both sides, and Kiki is now both good+bad hybrid. Is the envoy "Evil Gwynn", or "Evil Torg"?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:40 am 
DonnerJack wrote:
So currently we have the good vs. evil teams: Tombsy is "Evil Zoe". Wilcott is "Evil Riff". Skip is "Evil Aylee". Vampires on both sides, and Kiki is now both good+bad hybrid. Is the envoy "Evil Gwynn", or "Evil Torg"?

My first thought is evil Gwynn , but I hadn't thought about those parallels before, hmmm...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:20 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
DonnerJack wrote:

Agent Gnaww definitely qualify more as evil Aylee. Skip is evil Torg. And Meander is evil Gwynn. The envoy is the expy that is going to get killed at the end of the arc.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:41 pm 
I cannot be the only one who feels like there's some connection between Zoe's dad and Torg right? They're both mentioned to have viking heritage and both look similar.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:09 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
DonnerJack wrote:

Agent Gnaww definitely qualify more as evil Aylee. Skip is evil Torg. And Meander is evil Gwynn. The envoy is the expy that is going to get killed at the end of the arc.

And of course, Bun-Bun is "Evil Bun-Bun."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:56 pm 
I just did a re-read of the Immortal King and I'm so curious about mr. Y or Yffi (?). I definitely think he will be showing up with how much Poopy-Pants was on the phone with him, though I dont get the feeling he is on K'Z'K's side. I tried to peek through this thread to read if anyone had discussed him but I got lazy -what are your thoughts?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:29 am 
NovemberMists wrote:
I just did a re-read of the Immortal King and I'm so curious about mr. Y or Yffi (?). I definitely think he will be showing up with how much Poopy-Pants was on the phone with him, though I dont get the feeling he is on K'Z'K's side. I tried to peek through this thread to read if anyone had discussed him but I got lazy -what are your thoughts?

The guess most here agree with so far is that he might be Symachus, either on a path of redemption, or just trying to get revenge from the bug. Or with his own agenda.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:16 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
The guess most here agree with so far is that he might be Symachus, either on a path of redemption, or just trying to get revenge from the bug. Or with his own agenda.

Looks like he'd be most pissed off at Krohnus, there. I bet ALL the gods are basically pissed off at him. Poopypants would be mad at him, too. Basically, is there ANYONE who still likes the time father? He was kind of a dick.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:55 am 
Spirantz wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

Looks like he'd be most pissed off at Krohnus, there. I bet ALL the gods are basically pissed off at him. Poopypants would be mad at him, too. Basically, is there ANYONE who still likes the time father? He was kind of a dick.

Pete doesn't like him much either, but I guess the Sun twin still like him. I don't know how much Symachus blame Kronus, seeing he might have grown some self awareness that he was responsible of most of those events, but some people just never learn.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:18 am 
Symachus may have reformed, but I suspect that Symachus is as he always has been on his own side. If releasing the bug best serves that interest, he probably will, for the third time. However, he was in no great rush to do so last time he had the chance, so there's a good bet he has a different angle.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat