Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:19 pm 
Also, I haven't looked at the past few pages of Spec, but I am going to claim Lacey is in Aylee spec on the small off chance that is the case. I put a 5%-10% chance on that Speculation.

Reasoning:
Aylee asked if Torg remembered Lacey which makes me think that Lacey is in Aylee's orbit. Aylee's stretchy arms could also be attributed to Lacey being inside of her.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:09 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
skincell wrote:
(...)

I think that this is a confirmation that Tombsy's daughter is in charge of the cult rather than the old man still being around.

I mean, especially the way he was killed in the 80's, by Wilcot's assistant.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:47 pm 
skincell wrote:
I think that this is a confirmation that Tombsy's daughter is in charge of the cult rather than the old man still being around.

Well, yes. But no. Rather, I think today's comic confirms Tombsy is a demon - and a rather powerful one at that. The old man was a human host - at the time - and a woman became the host after cray-cray Kira killed the old man host. But still the same Tombsy...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:43 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
skincell wrote:

Well, yes. But no. Rather, I think today's comic confirms Tombsy is a demon - and a rather powerful one at that. The old man was a human host - at the time - and a woman became the host after cray-cray Kira killed the old man host. But still the same Tombsy...

Pretty sure Tombsy is human and simply use magic spell and runes. We have seen the Teutonic knights do the same.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:31 am 
The one demon looks a bit like the demon king, and tombsy looks like the cloaked goddess of light (or whatever she was called) from the DoP storyline.

Mildly interesting but not reading much from it.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:59 am 
Spirantz wrote:
The one demon looks a bit like the demon king, and tombsy looks like the cloaked goddess of light (or whatever she was called) from the DoP storyline.

Mildly interesting but not reading much from it.

I mean, nothing look more like a cloaked figure than an other cloaked figure. She made me think of Yffi personally.

If we have to nitpick, I'd say the design of the cloak is a bit different. Tompbsy's one is a bit lacking in the thigh-gap department, among other things.

With all that say, I think the road to a DoP scenario was ended the moment the Dr Nofun and the Dim-Sum Henchmen of Pang where terminated by Crushetro.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:14 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:
skincell wrote:

Pretty sure Tombsy is human and simply use magic spell and runes. We have seen the Teutonic knights do the same.

Tombsy - the old man - was apparently close to Wilcott. If I lost someone close to me I would not so cavalierly start using their nickname with someone else - even say, a daughter. If Lady Tomb is indeed her title, why call her Tombsy, too? That feels creepy. I realize that I apparently suck at spec, so I probably am wrong; but an easy explanation is that Tombsy is the demon - and the mortal hosts are susceptible to death - as Bob (Skip) was. Skip just found a new host and he's still Skip.

That said, I did apparently misread the demon's declaration of "I want to rip her mortal body..." as "I want to rip her mortal host..." and that is not what was said. And creepy describes everything associated with Wilcott (except perhaps his son). So <shrug>.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:08 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Tombsy - the old man - was apparently close to Wilcott. If I lost someone close to me I would not so cavalierly start using their nickname with someone else - even say, a daughter. (...)

It's her family name. It's her name. It belong to her. Of coure she can be called as such.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:13 am 
If anything, that demon looks more like Satan. er..Satin? I forget what he originally went by. He was the guy who brought Chaz to earth. Ohhh actually...they're in log cabins in the woods. Satan features in the KITTEN chapters. Does anyone know if the demon cats are canon, or just a parody side story like Torg Potter?

In any case, I'm surprised we cut to the cult without ending the chapter first...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:43 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
(...)Does anyone know if the demon cats are canon, or just a parody side story like Torg Potter?

In any case, I'm surprised we cut to the cult without ending the chapter first...

Torg potter is cannon, it's just that Torg has no memory of it and Pete has stated it will never have any impact on the main story. So, you might as well consider it non-canon, but it is canon.

Kittens and Kittens 2 are both definitely canon, had an impact on the main story-line and as much as they wish they wouldn't the gang absolutely remembers it.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:07 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Tombsy - the old man - was apparently close to Wilcott. If I lost someone close to me I would not so cavalierly start using their nickname with someone else - even say, a daughter. (...)

It's her family name. It's her name. It belong to her. Of coure she can be called as such.

I thought there was a comic where we learned Old Tombsy's full name after he died, but that appears to be a false memory as I cannot find it. What we do know is that the demons do not call the "daughter" "Tombsy". She is "Lady Tomb" or "Mistress Tomb". That infers that the family name is "Tomb" and that "Tombsy" is more of a nickname. <shrug> I could be misinterpreting that as well...

And I already conceded that I misread the demon's declaration - influenced as I was by Chilus emphasizing that she (and others) occupy a mortal body.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:02 pm 
swmartian wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:

I thought there was a comic where we learned Old Tombsy's full name after he died, but that appears to be a false memory as I cannot find it. What we do know is that the demons do not call the "daughter" "Tombsy". She is "Lady Tomb" or "Mistress Tomb". That infers that the family name is "Tomb" and that "Tombsy" is more of a nickname. <shrug> I could be misinterpreting that as well...

And I already conceded that I misread the demon's declaration - influenced as I was by Chilus emphasizing that she (and others) occupy a mortal body.

My thought process took an opposite path. I had always considered that her real name is Tombsy and that "Lady Tomb" is just the nickname the demons gave her, or the one she gave to the demons.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:14 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
My thought process took an opposite path. I had always considered that her real name is Tombsy and that "Lady Tomb" is just the nickname the demons gave her, or the one she gave to the demons.

And you know, I considered that possibility as I was replying to you. As the Master has spoken, I am clearly wrong (again :sam: ), and you may very well be right about the name. Interestingly though, Pete did begin with "As far as y'all know, ..." That implies that although she's human, there is something more about her that we do not yet know - and I think that goes beyond "she can use magic".

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:29 am 
I'm wondering if tombsy is thinking she has the power to control poopy pants. He is bound to the fate web right? Perhaps she is strong in fate magic? There was talking about poopy pants being too wound up (I think it was mentioned at the end of the mohkadun arc) and this was bad for everyone? Could have something to do with tombsy? Spit balling here.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:03 am 
skincell wrote:
Also, I haven't looked at the past few pages of Spec, but I am going to claim Lacey is in Aylee spec on the small off chance that is the case. I put a 5%-10% chance on that Speculation.

Reasoning:
Aylee asked if Torg remembered Lacey which makes me think that Lacey is in Aylee's orbit. Aylee's stretchy arms could also be attributed to Lacey being inside of her.

Wow! You were pretty close here!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat