Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:59 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Spec :aylee: : Got lonely and evolved into a new form again.

I can see this happening. Alternatively, she could evolve because she was hurt so badly.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:29 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Spec :aylee: : Got lonely and evolved into a new form again.

I can see this happening. Alternatively, she could evolve because she was hurt so badly.

Aylee has always evolved to adapt to physical change (and a helm to avoid telepathic assaults). How does one.....shield their heart?

I NEVER LEARNED THIS SKILL EITHER! :o
edit: But I'm fine, don't worry!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:47 am 
Sometimes it's hard to keep track of who told who what about what. What does the rest of the gang not know about Gwynn?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:08 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I think Torg never told the other about what he learned during his trip with Gwyn in Europe. Already too much was on their plate.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:56 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Wonder if the book of Güd will finally be involved back again. Would there be some connection with it and the 2 missing pages?
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 1999-08-15

Also, strangely, when you type Güd in the nifty search engine, it doesn't yield any result.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:23 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Also, strangely, when you type Güd in the nifty search engine, it doesn't yield any result.

Several months ago, NiftySearch was subtly changed. When that occurred it would no longer accept special characters, like umlauts. I discovered that the hard way. A long transcript that I was transcribing included Zoë, and when I hit submit the entire transcript disappeared. Twice. I quickly determined it was the umlaut that was causing the issue. umlauts, etc., no longer appear in the transcripts for that reason.

I had not thought about how that would affect the search engine... I just tried Gud without the umlaut and that doesn't work in the search engine either. Güd is still there - from earlier transcriptions, but the 'new' interface no longer recognizes it. :-\ You'll have to do a search of "Book of" (including the quotation marks) to find those entries.

I'm guessing that means that if you do a search on Zoë, 19 years of Zoë will not show up - and neither will the last year of Zoe without the umlaut. Interesting. I will have to ask the Keeper of the NiftySearch software if he has any ideas........

Thank you for mentioning it,
--swmartian, Keeper of the NiftySearch Transcripts.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 pm 
swmartian wrote:
I'm guessing that means that if you do a search on Zoë, 19 years of Zoë will not show up - and neither will the last year of Zoe without the umlaut. Interesting. I will have to ask the Keeper of the NiftySearch software if he has any ideas........

Thank you for mentioning it,

Ouch! Good luck!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 am 
swmartian wrote:
You'll have to do a search of "Book of" (including the quotation marks) to find those entries.

That's literally how I managed to find back that page.

Quote:

Also, thanks a lot for your work, there. You have no idea how useful it has been to find back stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:32 am 
Tiny amount of power still.running downstairs?

I wonder if they'll also find a mountain of discarded caffeine containers....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 am 
If it wasn't for there being one story line still hanging in the air, I'd have thought that Pete had accomplished his own retirement with today's comic.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:27 pm 
seebert42 wrote:
If it wasn't for there being one story line still hanging in the air, I'd have thought that Pete had accomplished his own retirement with today's comic.

The sampire?
The mohkadun gods?
Gwynn still possessed?
Kusashi still at large? Oasis at large?
Bunbun in space?
Upcoming marriage?
Aylee?

Can you be more specific? Lol

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:34 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
seebert42 wrote:

The sampire?
The mohkadun gods?
Gwynn still possessed?
Bunbun in space?
Upcoming marriage?
Aylee?

Can you be more specific? Lol[/quote]

I was thinking only of Gwynn. We had the whole story line of BunBun as a space pirate years ago, in the timeless zone. The sampire may return one day, but who knows where his duffel bag is. Kusashi/Oasis have lost their brains, and quite possibly, all of their resurrection chambers. I'll give you the marriage, but sure enough the story line went straight back to Aylee/BunBun/Engaged couple, so that is wrapping up very soon indeed.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:39 am 
Spirantz wrote:
seebert42 wrote:

The sampire?
The mohkadun gods?
Gwynn still possessed?
Bunbun in space?
Upcoming marriage?
Aylee?

Can you be more specific? Lol

I think a good chunk of these are tied together more than people might realize. Gwynn and Mokhadun for sure, but Oasis and Kusari are also tied to it, however loosely, through Sinthea LaMorte and fate magic. And Bun-Bun is literally a Mokhadun God, so anything he does is part of it too. Even Chaz is a part of it, even though no one in the gang seems to know that yet.

So yeah, most of the remaining plots are just parts of one big storyline, and I think we're heading into it now.

And I expect the wedding won't happen until after Poopypants is dealt with once and for all.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm 
I wonder if the big difference between Aylee's previous form, that retained the wings Torg loved and the ability to fly with him, and her current form that may be chameleonic, might be the need to adapt to hiding from all the world without Torg and the gang to be her friends.

*I need to go back a few pages to catch up on spec ideas so sorry if this is re-stating things that you guys have already said.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:41 am 
After years of lurking, I had to finally activate my account to *spec* :)

What if Aylee is growing an army of her kind to take over the world? That would explain why she didn’t want to let them into her house, and would explain why she was so sad to see them. She may have thought they would never come back, so decided to fulfill her natural instinct, and take over the world...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat