Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:11 am 
In the 25th Anniversary thread, there is a winged 'something' silhouetted by the moon.

Not quite enough detail to be sure, but it seems to be Ozzid.

If so, he may be spying on the gang (but for who), or else he may be about to become Gwynn's 'familiar' demon.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:35 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
superhunnybear wrote:
In the 25th Anniversary thread, there is a winged 'something' silhouetted by the moon.

If so, he may be spying on the gang (but for who), or else he may be about to become Gwynn's 'familiar' demon.

It's Kiki.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:28 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
superhunnybear wrote:

It's Kiki.

The silhouette seems to have a curled up tail. (And Pete noted that he remembered that Ozzid had a tail, if I recall correctly.

Would love to know that Kiki has made it back from the pit (in Italy?), but not expecting it at this moment.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:20 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
superhunnybear wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
superhunnybear wrote:

It's Kiki.

The silhouette seems to have a curled up tail. (And Pete noted that he remembered that Ozzid had a tail, if I recall correctly.

Would love to know that Kiki has made it back from the pit (in Italy?), but not expecting it at this moment.

Welp, scratch, that, I am stupid.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:05 am 
My first thought is Kiki too, and though she was just in Italy, it's not outside the realm of believability to have found a mysterious, to-be-explained way here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:55 pm 
I thought of Kiki too... perhaps she got hold of a pixie stick? I think it it were Kiki, she'd have made an appearance in the 8/30 strip but she did not, although she could be sleeping off a sugar coma.

I'd chalk it up to "Kiki being there in spirit" but it does look to me like Trevor's horned head mas noticed the silhouette.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:10 am 
I also think it's Ozzid. I also think that the bug put part of Ozzid's last mistres soul into Gwynn G as part of his plan for escape, and because of that, Ozzid is pledged to Gywnn, and will be her replacement source of power.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:22 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I'mma spec that it is Ozzid carrying Kiki.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
I'mma spec that it is Ozzid carrying Kiki.

Being chased by a Strakoi. Because hey, why not.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:42 pm 
In my fascination with the spiders, I assumed that Sam is the "potential". However, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around Sam being a "potential" - even if he manages to bumble his way into doing something good occasionally.

As I said in my previous post, I think that the second 'lady of the Book' appears to have been from Mercia, which is Lysinda's "time". I wonder if the spiders are pointing to a different potential? One amongst the vampires? Sylvia and Urja were also present when a spider last appeared near Sam.....

However, I believe, as others do that our winged creature is Ozzid. Ozzid was tasked with protecting Quint's family. We also know that Allie's last words (that we were privy to hear) were: "Then I guess the only hope for the world is if I live forever." Hmm. Allie living forever... Vampires... Spiders... Dunuloa... Baphomy... Not sure how these all fit together, but somehow they do seem to be coming together...

My spec is that the winged creature is Ozzid, but more specifically that he is here to "protect" Allie, who allowed herself to become a vampire. Now the question is, which type of vampire? She can't be Strakoi, as they still can't touch the New World... Or... is she the original vampiress?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:13 pm 
swmartian wrote:
She can't be Strakoi, as they still can't touch the New World... Or... is she the original vampiress?

I agree with the idea of Allie being a vampire or some other immortal creature. However, the spec of her being the original vampiress is impossible if we believe Helen and Menelaus are who they most obviously seem to be. The Trojan War would have occurred long, long before Allie was born and they weren't even the first Vryko vamps (they were probably among the earliest), let alone the first vampires.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 pm 
I wonder whether something in Bun-bun's past might be connected to vampires, maybe from before Mokhadun and this spark even. It was mentioned that there's a connection between Christmas elves and vampires, and also that the Krig/Santa used to be considerably shorter... so it seems like there's already some connection, maybe indirect, between vampires and someone from before this spark. Also seems possible that Dunuloa is connected as she is or was interested in raising the dead and is connected to Halloween.

Also, didn't Ozzid say that the bloodline had ended?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
I wonder whether something in Bun-bun's past might be connected to vampires, maybe from before Mokhadun and this spark even. It was mentioned that there's a connection between Christmas elves and vampires, and also that the Krig/Santa used to be considerably shorter... so it seems like there's already some connection, maybe indirect, between vampires and someone from before this spark. Also seems possible that Dunuloa is connected as she is or was interested in raising the dead and is connected to Halloween.

Yep, but not only did Fahad get a piece of soul, the bug did too. I suspect the bug put a piece of the soul into Gwynn, and that was her initial connection with the book. It also gives her a connection to Ozzid.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:39 pm 
OK, dumb of me to suggest 'original' vampiress. I apparently do not pay enough attention to the lore to know that vampires are older than I imagined.

It was mentioned that there's a connection between Christmas elves and vampires

I do not remember that mention - and I recently completed an archive dive. Did I miss something? Can you direct me to where that was mentioned? [I'm not doubting you, I miss - or forget - a lot].

Yes, he did - and then flew off. Assuming my spec is correct (and it's usually not), Allie may not have informed Ozzid of her plans so that he would protect Siphy II. Since Allie would have no blood at that point, he may not have been aware of her continued existence. However, the most recent time period we saw Ozzid in was the time of Mercia. Ozzid may have rediscovered Allie at that point. Mercia - and Chaz - seems key...

So I'm going to take another stab at spec. We need another foray back in time to start tying the threads together - and that foray will be prompted by something that Riff stumbles upon on his trip back to retrieve Kiki, and that foray will lead back to the time of Mercia.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:26 pm 
swmartian wrote:

It was mentioned that there's a connection between Christmas elves and vampires

I do not remember that mention - and I recently completed an archive dive. Did I miss something? Can you direct me to where that was mentioned? [I'm not doubting you, I miss - or forget - a lot].

Looking at this link: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2016-03-09

Menelaus mentions some 'old ways' that seem to relate vampires and elves - not Christmas elves specifically, but including them.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat