Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:09 am 
Today's reaction forum is not up yet but I have to she before I go to bed. Chaz is back, and, spec, the people trapped in the books are still alive!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:13 am 
Well looks like the spec of Chaz having been swapped was wrong. So he really was bent, and he's no dpubt really about to chew Torg out over it

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:27 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Well looks like the spec of Chaz having been swapped was wrong. So he really was bent, and he's no dpubt really about to chew Torg out over it

Maybe waking him up will have unbent him?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 am 
Maybe, but considering his past remarks about Torg's misuses of him, there's no way he's gonna let this slide, fixed or not.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:01 am 
If that's Baba Yaga, I want to see her hut of brown sit down.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:22 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Wait, was it implied that Lady Noga was Baba Yaga? I completely missed that.

Also, indeed, I was wrong, about Chaz being swapped. So, I said the bent is due to his prolonged
stay in the anima world.

Speculation time: Chaz being bent might mean he might not be completely as deadly as he usually is, which would allow that the second book bride to maybe survive... Just let me hope, please.

Spirantz wrote:
If that's Baba Yaga, I want to see her hut of brown sit down.

Syphy 2 was living in a house with chicken feet and let her book lying there after she was taken in by Farhan.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-04-05

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:20 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
I'd say it's Baba Yaga.

Baba Yaga is Russian, isn't she? This one is apparently Mercian and seems to be speaking ye olde Aenglish.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:58 am 
So in the Reactions thread, I mentioned a spider lurking in the wall, where the Book of Two Hearts first popped out. Guigui thinks it is just an ordinary spider. However, I note that Pete has left little spider breadcrumbs before. Specifically right after Sam and Sylvia recuperate and Urja is advocating for Sam's coronation.

Now we find out that the Lady of the Book of Two Hearts (for lack of a better name) is apparently from - or at least knows of - Mercia at the time of Chaz. That suggests that she is from the time of the War of the Bug Squishers or close to it. That also happens to be Lysinda's (and Val's) time in Mercia. So we appear to be approaching a connection with Sam. Do the lurking spiders in the two locales (the one behind the wall by Gwynn in the present time and the one with Sam & Sylvia) really appear to be just ordinary spiders? Or is the knot tightening....?

Just sayin'....

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:19 am 
GUIGUI wrote:

I would say it's a good deal more than implied. The name "Baba Yaga Kostyanaya Noga" is straight out of Russian folklore. If you're looking for more subtle implication though, there's also the name of her ship. The Mortar and Pestle. Baba Yaga flies using a mortar and pestle rather than the more general witch's broom.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:06 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

I would say it's a good deal more than implied. The name "Baba Yaga Kostyanaya Noga" is straight out of Russian folklore. If you're looking for more subtle implication though, there's also the name of her ship. The Mortar and Pestle. Baba Yaga flies using a mortar and pestle rather than the more general witch's broom.

Well, that' settle it, then. Guess I have been way too much enthralled by the chicken feet of Syphy 2's house.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:47 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I wonder if a demon can possess a creepy book person. That's not exactly spec, but not exactly not spec, so I put that musing here.

Also, the answer to this not exactly spec (it was totally spec) was yes.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:10 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Yeah... Pretty sure she stabbed the book.

Pete thinks he's sneaky.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:15 am 
The question is...does stabbing the book kill anyone? Does it kill Farahn and, more significantly, does it kill Kozoaku?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:36 am 
So Poopy Pants is possessing Farahn and Farahn is bound to the book. We have seen that Chaz kills the demons when he stabs the mortals who are possessed. So, did stabbing the book kill up the chain or maybe just broke the bond holding Farahn and release him?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:11 am 
I doubt K'Z'K would bring a weapon in the world that could actually kill him, though.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat