Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 am 
thancock wrote:
I do agree that Chaz is really helpful to show whether someone or something had evil or innocent intentions--AND I think that Torg will find out the monsters were innocent. Going to rethink whose side they are on maybe?

It depends...

If these monsters are just beasts or animals, I don't think that Chaz can judge their innocence.

Otherwise you could "power up" Chaz just by slaying an innocent mouse.

To decide innnocence you have to judge somebody with a personality.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:08 pm 
StatisticMan wrote:

Or an anima... I don't think the monsters - without animas - will turn out to be the "good guys".

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 am 
swmartian wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:

Or an anima... I don't think the monsters - without animas - will turn out to be the "good guys".

Exactly. The insects eaten by Frog were anima-free as well and wouldn't have worked to power up Chaz.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:19 pm 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
I have this horrible suspicion that Hammerhead was the natives' protector and ancient enemy of Kaiju Rock Squid.

No, no, no... it was the bird.

I suspect you're about to be validated. The tribe leader is squinting at their garbage pile...which definitely contains the bones of that bird.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 am 
Crew is about to leave, but... it can't actually happen.

We have just had a lot of hooks revealed that need to be resolved - the old lady being able to keep her true anima secret (she's clearly having the blue one fake happiness while she digs through the trash). The source of the monsters. Zoe being special again.

It's too much - as much as they SHOULD zap out of there immediately, its not gonna happen. Something is going to go wrong, and some of them will fail to leave... or they'll have to come back quickly. (If it zaps them back to their own dimension with the return remote, will the remote return them to HERE?)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:00 am 
GlyphGryph wrote:
the old lady being able to keep her true anima secret (she's clearly having the blue one fake happiness while she digs through the trash).

I don't think that happiness was faked. She seems perfectly content - happy even - to have discovered the bird remains. She's pleased to have found a reason to turn the tribe against the Nifty Gang - that's my read on Panel 6 anyway.
The blue anima is faking her shock and distress I reckon, not faking happy!

Obviously I agree that the gang are unlikely to calmly flux outta there. It is nice for them to be planning the sensible thing for a change though at least!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:47 am 
KikiDee wrote:
I don't think that happiness was faked. She seems perfectly content - happy even - to have discovered the bird remains. She's pleased to have found a reason to turn the tribe against the Nifty Gang - that's my read on Panel 6 anyway.
The blue anima is faking her shock and distress I reckon, not faking happy!

Obviously I agree that the gang are unlikely to calmly flux outta there. It is nice for them to be planning the sensible thing for a change though at least!

I totally agree.

Is it possible, when Zoe is able to see the true form of the anima, that this is something K'Z'K-related? At least she is the storm-breaker ...

Obviously everybody of the tribe knew, that this kind of bird had an anima which makes him/her/it different from other animals of this dimension (the monsters, the dragonflies ...). It seems that this is the reason why it is unforgiveable, that the nifty crew killed him/her/it. But obviously the tribe is willing to kill them for this crime, despite their obvious anima.

Kiki and Frog are animals with an anima as well.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm 
One thing that I've found curious since we started seeing animae... the blue moon. Is its presence what allows people to see animae on this world? If so, is there also a red moon that reveals the "dark side" of a person's anima?

Zoe seems to be the only person who sees the red anima... unless that is why Captain Grumpy is so grumpy. Maybe he sees the Gang's animae in different colors, but nobody will believe him.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:56 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Zoe seems to be the only person who sees the red anima...

Well, she sees one of them. I think everyone has a red spirit, but the tribe leader's just happened to be the easiest for Zoe to see. I say this because, ever since the chapter was named I've been wondering why the word "Anima" was chosen. As a Jungian concept, it always comes as part of a pair: the Anima...and the Animus.

And while I doubt Pete is using anything close to the psychoanalytic interpretation of the word, it's safe to assume based on the word choice that everyone's spirit buddy probably has an evil twin hiding behind it. And I bet Zoe's is the most formidable. That would explain why her Anima is so tiny.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am 
Hmm… when the gang fluxxed out, they took that tribe with them too, didn't they?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:32 pm 
Pied Typer wrote:
Hmm… when the gang fluxxed out, they took that tribe with them too, didn't they?

I think that something about this dimension (possibly related to why animae are visible there) will cause the DFA to transport them in time, rather than back home. They will wind up at some point in the future, when their (mis)deeds have become mythological in nature.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:35 pm 
I'm thinking that Torg's concern about things not cooling down enough will turn out to be way too true. I kinda like the idea of them fluxxing into a group of soldiers, who then aim their guns at them...then fluxxing back to where they were with the tribe in the exact same positions aiming their spears at them. Something about that image seems really amusing to me

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:16 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I'm thinking that Torg's concern about things not cooling down enough will turn out to be way too true. I kinda like the idea of them fluxxing into a group of soldiers, who then aim their guns at them...then fluxxing back to where they were with the tribe in the exact same positions aiming their spears at them. Something about that image seems really amusing to me

This could totally work.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:34 am 
I also think that's the most obvious thing to happen. And would be funny. But Pete usually has a way to twist these things .

Like maybe their anima buddies come along
Or the villagers do. Or the zap didn't work quite right. Or something else super bizarre.

Waiting to see :)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:24 am 
The flux will only take their animas away, leaving them animaless with an angry tribe all around them

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat