Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 pm 
Jochi wrote:
OK, I don't know how to quote from the Reactions page to here. But RamenChef said:
"Riff's laser cannon would probably help here." and I almost replied with this:
Yeah, that's my guess, that Riff will become a hero to these folk with that cannon.
That, or Torg will dip Chaz in some of the innocent blood already spilled by this monster, and become a hero.
Or both.

Biscuit and I (so far) noticed that the sea monster has no anima. Since even the big weird bird had one, that has to be significant. Prior to this, the only entities we know who haven't shown one have been non-sentient animals... and Chaz. To me that implies that this monster is either a "dumb animal" (in which case, Riff will probably be the hero) or something with a demonic or supernatural aspect (in which case, I expect Torg and/or Gwynn will save the day).

Alternatively, similar to what ramoss suggested, Torg will be endangered and suddenly Zoe's anima will grow to hugeness and thrash the beastie.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:16 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Jochi wrote:
OK, I don't know how to quote from the Reactions page to here. But RamenChef said:
"Riff's laser cannon would probably help here." and I almost replied with this:
Yeah, that's my guess, that Riff will become a hero to these folk with that cannon.
That, or Torg will dip Chaz in some of the innocent blood already spilled by this monster, and become a hero.
Or both.

Biscuit and I (so far) noticed that the sea monster has no anima. Since even the big weird bird had one, that has to be significant. Prior to this, the only entities we know who haven't shown one have been non-sentient animals... and Chaz. To me that implies that this monster is either a "dumb animal" (in which case, Riff will probably be the hero) or something with a demonic or supernatural aspect (in which case, I expect Torg and/or Gwynn will save the day).

Alternatively, similar to what ramoss suggested, Torg will be endangered and suddenly Zoe's anima will grow to hugeness and thrash the beastie.

I like all of these ideas. I'm leaning toward Gwynn or Riff stepping up to the plate, since Torg has had a lot of overt-heroing. Of Riff or Gwynn, I'm leaning toward Riff. He has a laser cannon at his disposal, and Gwynn doesn't yet know what resources she can draw from here.

Another likelihood is everyone working together with the people of the island to save the day.

The question now is whether the monster will attack everyone or will slip back into the sea, appeased.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:00 pm 
I didn't want to join the conversation in Reactions, since I think discussing what the monster resembles is spec... With the eyes and the tentacles, I think the monster resembles those created by NoFun's squid spear. All of those monsters that got zappo'd out of Sluggy Prime and the Dimension of Rain had to go somewhere. My guess is that "somewhere" is not necessarily all to one place, but rather random dimensions. Is this monster the only one that was zappo'd here, or were there others - and perhaps they were preceded by zappo'd folks that look remarkably like our gang (maybe we'll even see Sasha here?). Which may be one reason why the indigenous people are suspicious and afraid of our gang, even while welcoming them.

Why the "muscle"'s anima resembles the monster: I've noticed that in some cases (though certainly not all), the anima resemble someone important to the person. e.g., Kiki's anima looks like Bun-Bun (her best friend - in her mind, anyway) and Torg's anima has Aylee-like characteristics, while incorporating other aspects as well). The "muscle"'s role is to protect his people, and this monster may represent the biggest threat to his people, so perhaps that is why that resemblance is there. However, that idea then begs the question, do animas appear fully formed at birth, or do they develop (and change form) as the personality develops?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:21 am 
swmartian wrote:
However, that idea then begs the question, do animas appear fully formed at birth, or do they develop (and change form) as the personality develops?

Interesting question! I'm going to guess they grow and change in response to their person. The more I think about it, if the anima are reflection of the soul, they should change as the soul matures. Kiki's wouldn't have been Bunbun shaped before she met Bunbun.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:11 am 
swmartian wrote:
I didn't want to join the conversation in Reactions, since I think discussing what the monster resembles is spec... With the eyes and the tentacles, I think the monster resembles those created by NoFun's squid spear.

So far we've heard that it resembles NoFun's squid spear mutants/demons, poopypants, Cappy Bo, and that weird Eeoh thing. Maybe others that I missed.

Jung also agrees with a developing anima, as a tangentially related thing which was mentioned.

If we follow this jungian line of reasoning, we could spec that the weird creature may be the physical manifestation of a shadow.. That's my spec, anyway.

(also, yay! Psychological Horror!)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 am 
Spirantz wrote:
So far we've heard that it resembles NoFun's squid spear mutants/demons, poopypants, Cappy Bo, and that weird Eeoh thing. Maybe others that I missed.

The mind-wedgier from the Blight?

Quote:

You're having so much fun! :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 pm 
Spirantz wrote:

I was immediately reminded of Cappy Bo, too, but unfortunately it didn't really have any tentacles to speak of (even though its "rage husks" sure did!). I think this creature is far more likely to be a fluxed NoFun mutant and—if it is—I could definitely see Shankraft and Biyu Daiyu deciding to stay in this dimension with the natives to make amends.

Spirantz wrote:
Jung also agrees with a developing anima, as a tangentially related thing which was mentioned.

TIL that "anima" and "animus" are actual concepts in the school of analytical psychology! :o

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:43 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

TIL that "anima" and "animus" are actual concepts in the school of analytical psychology! :o

The old schools of psychology are fun to play with, as long as we realize that at the end of the day, these are typically based on thought experiments by some guy resting in an armchair. I mean, Jung himself has said that his personality type theory was basically just a fun game and should not be applied to people. Yet somehow Myers-Briggs took that game, marketed it off as science, and those darn INTJ (and etc) personality types still plague us to this very day...

As Jung said, "every person is an exception to the rule" or archetype, or something like that. Trust me. I know. I'm an INTJ. Haw haw!

Thom Solo wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

You're having so much fun! :D

Every since their peaceful campfire, I've been screaming for blood. I'm finally getting it. Woooo! (I'm sure it'll always be darker in my head though. Heh heh heh... I don't imagine Pete will go full on Lovecraftian)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:22 pm 
I have this horrible suspicion that Hammerhead was the natives' protector and ancient enemy of Kaiju Rock Squid.

This goes in hand with the idea of Shankraft and Biyu remaining behind to make amends, only they will make amends for Riff killing the Mother Hammerhead by caring for its children until they come of age.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:36 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I have this horrible suspicion that Hammerhead was the natives' protector and ancient enemy of Kaiju Rock Squid.

Lol, I was afraid of the same thing.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 am 
Thom Solo wrote:

No, no, no... it was the bird.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 pm 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

No, no, no... it was the bird.

Don't worry. The huge monsters aren't even the real threat.
Muahahaha!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:49 am 
Gwynn sensibly backing away toward the DFA pretty much ensures they won't be using that any time soon.

So, I was thinking about Zoe's comment re: the tribe leader's Anima, and something suddenly occurred to me. If there really is a KZK connection, maybe what she saw was the bug's symbol on her Anima's back? It would make sense that as the Stormbreaker, she'd be able to see his influence even if it's hidden from others.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Gwynn sensibly backing away toward the DFA pretty much ensures they won't be using that any time soon.

So, I was thinking about Zoe's comment re: the tribe leader's Anima, and something suddenly occurred to me. If there really is a KZK connection, maybe what she saw was the bug's symbol on her Anima's back? It would make sense that as the Stormbreaker, she'd be able to see his influence even if it's hidden from others.

I'm not sure - Zoe is backing to the DFA as well and she will be needed for further explanation, what exactly was wrong with the tribe leader's anima. The K'Z'K connection is a very proabable explanation.

I'm thinking about the reason why the tribe's muscle is so in despair right now. My best guess: He was one of the first to charge the sea monster - he wanted to be the one who kills it. Now this honor has been stolen away by the outsider with the laser cannon. Probably there was a certain reward for the monster slayer ... and this reward will go to Riff and Torg.

Hammerhead is most likely not a protector of the islanders. There were islanders joining the fight against the small hammerheads ...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:59 pm 
I do agree that Chaz is really helpful to show whether someone or something had evil or innocent intentions--AND I think that Torg will find out the monsters were innocent. Going to rethink whose side they are on maybe?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat