Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:50 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Spirantz wrote:
Oh right. Technically the evil demonic Poopypants is also within the king that's within Gwynn. Can't forget about that one.

The king is within the book, not inside Gwynn. The bit of Kzk that might have been inside Gwyn's head didn't have Pharah with him and is not (probably) back in the book after the spell was cast.

Gwynn is still connected to the book, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:40 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Oh right. Technically the evil demonic Poopypants is also within the king that's within Gwynn. Can't forget about that one.

The king is within the book, not inside Gwynn. The bit of Kzk that might have been inside Gwyn's head didn't have Pharah with him and is not (probably) back in the book after the spell was cast.

Gwynn is still connected to the book, though.

Okay, so the demon is in the king, in the book, in the woman, on the log, on the bottom of the sea?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:57 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Spirantz wrote:
Okay, so the demon is in the king, in the book, in the woman, on the log, on the bottom of the sea?

No. Witches float. They all float eventually.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:31 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
The sword seemed to have his own consiousness from the start, though. Mind you, it didn't talk before being activated, but if he was Kron, he would have likely not spoken in a different language.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-03-28

Eh I dunno. You could easily attribute Kron's inability to speak the language he spoke before to him now being a SWORD although he does eventually figure out how to speak normally. Since Kron is Chaz's first confirmed kill this side of the Nether I could see Pete maybe going that route. Of course, that means Chaz has been lying to Torg this whole time.

Chaz has never been shown to do anything else when someone is killed than to straight out kill them with no comebacks. It also seemingly does it extremely painfully against supernatural beings that only get so much as a nick when Chaz is suitably powered up.

As for Chaz lying to Torg? Oh absolutly. There's little doubt Chaz is doing that or at best withholding the truth, but I doubt the truth is that Kron is whom Torg is speaking to when Chaz get some innocent blood.

Also in all of this it's notible Chaz powered up when it stabbed Kron.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 pm 
Since we're on the subject of immortal kings and possibly Farahn and the book, I came across this.
Second panel, Gwynn mentions the book missing 2 more pages. Perhaps this story involves those missing pages?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 am 
tube_rat wrote:
Since we're on the subject of immortal kings and possibly Farahn and the book, I came across this.
Second panel, Gwynn mentions the book missing 2 more pages. Perhaps this story involves those missing pages?

Slightly related, but I recently learned that, surprisingly, the Teutonic order actually still exist in real life (though they probably don't actually have mage).

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 am 
I think now we are going to see the story lines run parallel. Does Zoe and Torg are preparing for their wedding and dealing with financial issues, the Immortal King storyline will continue with Gwynn and maybe others getting involved in helping Gwynn "face her demons."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:30 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
I think now we are going to see the story lines run parallel. Does Zoe and Torg are preparing for their wedding and dealing with financial issues, the Immortal King storyline will continue with Gwynn and maybe others getting involved in helping Gwynn "face her demons."

Maybe. All that I know is that the wedding must absolutely be EPIC.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Knowing Sluggy, it will be! I think it will coincide with when everything comes to a head in the Immortal King storyline.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:46 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Knowing Sluggy, it will be! I think it will coincide with when everything comes to a head in the Immortal King storyline.

Everything coming together epically is pretty much a given here, imo. If Poopy Pants is involved in the coming arc, then the Stormbreaker is going to be involved in helping Gwynn against those demons. I could see that all happening at the wedding even. Though I would love Zoe and Torg to have a wonderful wedding.

On the other subjects speculated recently, I think Chaz was sentient before Kron was killed and isn't Kron. He seemed to be speaking when Krohnus tossed him, and it wasn't Mohkadunese.

I do think that Kron's spirit might have been trapped in the book alongside Farahn. The book entity protecting Zoe and Gwynn is depicted with Kron's symbol and two kwi birds around him since years before we met either Kron or Farahn. While I can totally see Farahn taking some kind of credit for it or keeping Kron hidden/suppressed in the book with him, I just can't see him as the same entity with the kwi birds around him. It seems off for Farahn to pose as Kron before Gwynn ever met him and for it to never be addressed in the main story. Gwynn hasn't even noticed the clues.

I think the other two missing pages from the book seem like they should be involved in whatever is coming. I'm still extremely curious how three pages were removed from the book in the first place, by whom, and why.

Farahn is a good guess for the immortal king. I'd put Krohnus on the list for it as well, as the chief god he was basically a king and he's definitely immortal.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:49 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
So.....sluggy gang vs ancient gods?

Tory has the evil sword that slew their family.
The murderous king is hiding within Gwynn.
And isn't Riff a descendant of Symachus?
There's also the lazy God of power who's currently missing, but wasn't exactly respected, having napped through the whole ordeal (when he should have been helping).

Did I miss anybody?

One other thing: Riff kept the ceremonial dagger (used by Fahran) that existed in the previous spark along with Bun Bun and Krigg(I think?), and is the cause of his mother's death by an unknown perpetrator. I'm not sure how that plays into things, but I have a feeling it will.

Speaking of, that morsel of Bun Bun backstory that happens in the Wayang Kulit chapter? I went back and checked - he went looking for the book of shadows so he could beat up the Groundhog's Day shadow. But then it turned out to be written in another language. As far as I can recall, Bun Bun never followed up on that...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:22 am 
I wonder when in this storyline we finally find out Torg's family name?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:28 am 
Marcus wrote:

I'm going with at the alter. "Do you Torg xxxxxxx, take...."

At this point, everyone but Riff does a spit take because it's even an even stupider name than Torg and Zorg.

That or there's a massive plot-device crash into the wedding that masks the speech bubble that is his last name :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm 
Marcus wrote:

It'll turn out to be some variation on "Turg" and Pete was hinting at it all along since he first went to Halloween as the Vampire Torg LeTurgTurg.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 pm 
Spec :aylee: : Got lonely and evolved into a new form again.

Strong independent woman who don't need to man! Unless she got married by now, too

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat