Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:56 pm 
GUIGUI raises a fair point. When was the last time we saw Chaz powered up? And have there been any opportunities for someone to snatch and replace him since then?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
GUIGUI raises a fair point. When was the last time we saw Chaz powered up?

From a perusal of NiftySearch, I was unable to find a time that Chaz has been powered up since he was powered up in space (and contemplating his death).

Lord Golbez wrote:
You would expect a sword that the Time Father could not destroy to be a little more resistant to bring bent out of shape, so it does seem plausible.

Except that Chaz was powered up when Kron tried to destroy it. When Chaz is not powered up, he is "a force to be reckoned with", but still an ordinary sword. I wonder if Chaz were to taste innocent blood right now if he would be able to straighten himself out, or whether "Bob's" forging skills (magic?) would be necessary? Or whether this bend is one more step towards Chaz's final destruction? Could Kron have destroyed him had he not been powered up?

That is not to say that I think GuiGui is wrong, only that there are other possibilities. If GuiGui is correct, though, whoever replaced Chaz would have had to known about him, and have a reasonably good replica ready for the switch... Torg wields Chaz often enough that I would expect him to notice if there was even a small change in Chaz's weight.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:45 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
(...)whoever replaced Chaz would have had to known about him, and have a reasonably good replica ready for the switch(...)

Minion Master might have known. And thus, so does Urja.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:59 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:
(...)whoever replaced Chaz would have had to known about him, and have a reasonably good replica ready for the switch(...)

Well, as I said, the weight of the sword would have been important for Torg to not notice a switch. I do not remember the Minion Master handling Chaz, and Urja did not. Chilus has - however, she is Wilden's custody at the moment, and presumably was during the time when a switch might have occurred....

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:16 pm 
I was going to write this in today's reactions, but in retrospect I guess it could be considered to be speculation, even though I'm only trying to be funny (mostly):

Would a knee to the groin work inside the Book? Just sayin'..... :gwynn:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Would a knee to the groin work inside the Book? Just sayin'..... :gwynn:

I want very much for this to happen now. Very, very much.

So Chaz hasn't been powered up since they were all up in space, then? And they went to the Anima dimension right after that, so who knows how that would've affected him.

If he never exhibited an anima there, perhaps his soul was somehow unbound from the sword?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:33 am 
swmartian wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Well, as I said, the weight of the sword would have been important for Torg to not notice a switch. I do not remember the Minion Master handling Chaz, and Urja did not. Chilus has - however, she is Wilden's custody at the moment, and presumably was during the time when a switch might have occurred....

Assuming Chaz was switched out, it has to be someone closer to Torg. Chilus would just take it, given the chance. She really doesn't have any plausible reason for replacing it with a replica.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:26 pm 
They are now searching Riff's childhood house for clues. I do think the butler's apparent suicide might not be that after all....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:00 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
They are now searching Riff's childhood house for clues. I do think the butler's apparent suicide might not be that after all....

murder and butler in the same sentence?!? I've never ever heard of such a concept before! The scandal!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:10 pm 
Hmm. Wonder if the Claritos incantation could be used to restore Bun-Bun's memories...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:17 pm 
Looks like we might be about to find out about Chaz.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:

Continuing from the current reactions discussion... I wonder, would Trevor be innocent?

Or has Bun-bun corrupted him already?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:39 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Continuing from the current reactions discussion... I wonder, would Trevor be innocent?

Or has Bun-bun corrupted him already?

I think the Trevors would still be innocent. What bun bun is making them do is not done in complete knowledge of what stealing is. Therefore the choice they're making is innocent of evil intent.

Perhaps they'll find a place to get wishes again...(I can't look up the reference right now)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:14 pm 
In last Wednesday's comic, Gwynn takes off running after coming to - as if she knows where she's running to. The Book appears to be lagging after her, which is what I would expect.

In yesterday's comic, Gwynn appears to be running after the Book, with the Book in the lead...? I presume that the Book knows where it's missing page is and that's why it's leading? But Gwynn wasn't following it at first...? Does Gwynn know where the missing page is? Is that because the Book does? Who's leading who here??

As for the Trevors being innocent. I think they probably are - and yet, they are the physical manifestation of Torg's anima. Are animas separate from the beings they represent? Or are they 'just' representations of that being? If they are not separate, then the Trevors were originally representations of Torg - and therefore not innocent. Are the physical Trevors now any different from the anima they were created after?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:26 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Here is a guess for the third spell. It might be the spell used here https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-03-05 to free a possessed person from its demon. why K'Z'K would like to get rid of it is self-explanatory.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat