Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:26 am 
One other thing... Much like Mohkadun, there's a situation where all the Potentials have been gathered, along with a bunny god of power, opposing KZK, where the last hope is a couple of spell-eggs. Wonder if Googol and Tempest both got the time mixed up.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:56 am 
Did we ever figure out why he's called "Tempest"? At first I thought it was a misspelling of "Tempus", from the Latin for time... but now I wonder if he's part of the storm that needs to be broken.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:31 pm 
But we still didn’t see the cool shadow dagger that made Bun-Bun remember his ordeal… Pete didn’t just show it to us as they packed for the fight.
Also, since granting godhood was a lie to entice the ignorant to free the end demon with a hope to survive the spark, it would be a fitting “reward” for Lady Tomb to end up as the new host for lord poopy if they’ll manage to use the magic eggs.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:03 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I wonder if this is the chapter where Bun-Bun gets his memories back. Pete's been hinting for years that something traumatic happened to him when he was young, and I think that it had to have happened in the previous Spark. It's possible it was tied to KZK and maybe seeing him in his true form for apparently the first time ever since joining the gang will trigger something.

I don't think that we'll get to that part of Bun-Bun's life now. I got the impression that The Krig had something to do with that, and that's why Bun-Bun has had his ongoing feud with Santa.

DonnerJack wrote:
But we still didn’t see the cool shadow dagger that made Bun-Bun remember his ordeal… Pete didn’t just show it to us as they packed for the fight.

Also, since granting godhood was a lie to entice the ignorant to free the end demon with a hope to survive the spark, it would be a fitting “reward” for Lady Tomb to end up as the new host for lord poopy if they’ll manage to use the magic eggs.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say in that first part. We know Riff has the dagger (without knowing its significance), but the last time I remember seeing it is nearly a decade ago: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140620 Anyone remember seeing it more recently?

As for the second part... We know the eggs are "recordings" of spells. As such, I think that is inevitable that Farahn will swallow PoopyPants once again. However, I do like your thinking. I agree that it would be a fitting punishment for Lady Tomb. And honestly, having Farahn live out the rest of his life (immortal or not, at this point) as a nobody might be a better punishment than forcing him back with Poopy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:22 pm 
swmartian wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say in that first part. We know Riff has the dagger (without knowing its significance), but the last time I remember seeing it is nearly a decade ago: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20140620 Anyone remember seeing it more recently?

Oh, sorry about that. I was referencing the comment about Bun-Bun getting his memories back and wondered if the dagger Riff had (but is now “out of tricks”) might be connected to poopy as well.

swmartian wrote:
As for the second part... We know the eggs are "recordings" of spells. As such, I think that is inevitable that Farahn will swallow PoopyPants once again.

Exactly! It’s a recording of the spell, which is to bind the demon into a human host - not necessarily Farahn, like the binding of any human into a scroll/book.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:09 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
DonnerJack wrote:
(...)

This time, it's not really a lie, the Mohkadun was a lie about guaranteeing safety to those who would help contribute to the release.

Her,e it's more of a misunderstanding from Tombsy, thinking the godhood granted by "The One" (i.e., the one who created both Kozoaku and Prozoato) to Krohnus (who then seems to have shared it with the other beings), was granted by Kozoaku. More her mistake than a trick from the bug.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:53 am 
Yeah, I think it comes from a game of mythological Telephone, with Symachus's discontent and betrayal turning into "he was an agent of Kzk the whole time"

As for Bun bun, as cool as this moment is, he effectively met his match fighting Oasis. I don't think Poopypants will have much trouble here as his fully formed self. The question is, will Bun bun get a chance to find that out before Gwynn finally recovers her spell memory, or will there be yet another distraction? Cuz Kzk sure is encountering a LOT of distractions!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:14 am 
I think it's important to remember that Bun Bun may not remember the full extent of his power. Remember how he got coaching (from Basphomy, I believe) during the Holiday Wars about how he could tap into his innate holiday-ness (yeah, it sounds lamer than it is) to essentially move without regard to time? I know he isn't the embodiment of those holidays anymore, but surely they can't have more power than the original gods who spawned them. It's possible he may have other abilities that need to be unlocked.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:47 am 
Does anyone have any ideas what Torg is going to do? My mind is blank.

Also, hi. First post after becoming a defender and my 3rd or 4th post all together.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:11 am 
Welcome!
But I guess Torg's mind is blank too :)
I bet it's either annoy Bun-Bun to rile him up, something related to suicide frisbee (the toots in Bun-Bun’s spot ref would be on point) or trick Kiki to some disruptive effect.
Or a dance off. Could definitely be a dance off.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:18 am 
DonnerJack wrote:
Welcome!
But I guess Torg's mind is blank too :)
I bet it's either annoy Bun-Bun to rile him up, something related to suicide frisbee (the toots in Bun-Bun’s spot ref would be on point) or trick Kiki to some disruptive effect.
Or a dance off. Could definitely be a dance off.

Welcome as well!
I don't know either, but I think it's going to involve either getting Chaz back or getting Zoe out of harm's way. And we only have to wait a few days to find out!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:04 am 
Currently he has no idea what happened to chaz, and likely got teleported far far away. So that narrows it a bit.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:08 am 
JoshS wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas what Torg is going to do? My mind is blank.

Also, hi. First post after becoming a defender and my 3rd or 4th post all together.

Trying to turn the demons against KZK seems most likely.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:19 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Kesandru wrote:
Trying to turn the demons against KZK seems most likely.
That's seem to be the best option, since the demons think they're going to get something out of this. But that seems more like an intellectual way of doing things.

Him saying he's going to do something stupid, sounds more actiony than talky.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:03 am 
Can’t find the exact strip, but I think it’s a ref to something Zoe said about Torg (to Riff’s dad on the ship?), that he’s a bit of a complicated/contradicting kind of guy - he can be super smart, but also do the stupidest things in order to save them.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat