Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:04 pm 
The primary dimension is also referred to as Sluggy Prime (or at least it used to be).

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:29 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
The primary dimension is also referred to as Sluggy Prime (or at least it used to be).

I do think I hear Sluggy Prime more than DoN, in fact ..

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:15 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

I do think I hear Sluggy Prime more than DoN, in fact ..

From the boards or the comic though?

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:40 am 
Guesses on who Jzaxil brought Chaz too? Doesn't seem like it could be Lady Tomb, since she was last seen right by old Poopypants. My guess is Yffi. Seems like the most obvious choice. We know he's met Chaz, however briefly, and we know he's involved in this ritual in some way. His command of magic also makes it likely that a demon might call him master. Runner up guess: Allie Liberliganus. Highly unlikely, but I refuse to believe she's dead (maybe undead) on account of her off panel death soon after talking about becoming immortal. Second runner up guess: Dunuloa...eh that doesn't look like the moon and I doubt she'd consort with demons, but she does have motive for removing the sword from the playing field. She wants torture, not death. Also, she's "met" Chaz about to the degree that Yffi has (that we know of). Still it's enough of a stretch that I put the option even below Allie. It's probably Yffi, I can't really think of anyone else even nearly as likely.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:59 am 
Probably Yffi. If I'm not wrong, Jzaxil looks suspiciously like one of Yffi's guardian dragon/ hounds things, which supports Lord Golbez's spec.

Also, a few comics ago a ref link is used to remind us that Jzaxil can teleport. The comic linked shows the magic effect of the teleportation resembling the symbol associated with Mr. Y. I don't think we're meant to take that as a visual manifestation of Yffi, I think it's more of a visual clue cheekily put there by Pete.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:24 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
Probably Yffi. If I'm not wrong, Jzaxil looks suspiciously like one of Yffi's guardian dragon/ hounds things, which supports Lord Golbez's spec.

(...)

I was going to say... I wonder if Jzaxil is an amalgamation of the three. Then again, they have been turned into doors.
Though Anise is speaking about servants made of birds. This could turn out to be Jzaxil, as he fly and can allow you to flee away, though it's a bit of a stretch.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:04 am 
How about father time? He's met Chaz (and chucked it out of the pyramid), and would possibly want it removed from the playing field.

He also has access to the web of fate and could know in advance that this whole ritual will come to motion.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:11 am 
Yup, looks like we're side-stepping ALL the difficult questions this time around. Or at least we are for now. What would Yffi need with Chaz exactly? Does he plan on killing some small-g gods himself? Strange. [edit] btw the coloring in the final panel is basically identical to the one used for the Strakoi's lair, so unless there's a big twist that Yffi has nothing to do with them I'm gonna assume it's him.

Oh hey, so how the hell are they gonna get out of this? Dunuloa's spell trap is still waiting, with a "Best Of" hits for resealing kzk however even if it triggers, iirc it specifically requires the book of E-Ville which is now - if I'm keeping track - completely unbound.

Although...or is it? Gwynn is here. Maybe she's feeling a bit bookish.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:55 am 
Yeah, I am pretty sure that Jzaxil is one of Yffi's servant's. Not sure which one. Going by the demeanor and spikes, I am going to say Coriander, but could be any of them. And I am definitely saying that the "Master" being referred to is Yffi. Makes sense. The spell used to tear the book apart was Yffi's. Yffi was responsible for the Strakoi (and maybe the vampires), and they were involved in the ritual. If Yffi wants PP freed, then he would want Chaz far away from PP, I would assume. He may also forsee some other option happening and wants to let that occur. Maybe the sword would cause more destruction, as some of us have speculating.

I am curious as to who Dunuloa is "talking" to. She says "Did you choose the full moon for this ritual so that I would be forced to watch?" Is she thinking about Yffi? Or Lady Tomb? I wonder who is on her mind?

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 am 
Wait -- Yffi was responsible for the Strakoi? Where was that?

Based on the rest of the context, Dunuloa's remark seemed directed at the human/demon coalition in general. I don't know how much more there is to read into that.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:58 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
kromiller wrote:
(...)

I am curious as to who Dunuloa is "talking" to. She says "Did you choose the full moon for this ritual so that I would be forced to watch?" Is she thinking about Yffi? Or Lady Tomb? I wonder who is on her mind?
Seeing the bug is the one who was orchestrating this ceremony through both Mr. Y and Lady Tombs, I think Dunuloa is talking about the Bug.

CheeseWhisper wrote:

(...)
It has been mostly spec that Yffi created the vampires (and thus the strakoi) because of him working on "blood magic", in the Carpathian basin...

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:25 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

(...)
It has been mostly spec that Yffi created the vampires (and thus the strakoi) because of him working on "blood magic", in the Carpathian basin...

OH, and the very next one talks about him "creating servants of bird and man, of blood and death"... and the whole domination spell thing makes me wonder if the Strakoi really are working on their own agenda (at least at the highest level) or on his.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:57 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:

(...)

OH, and the very next one talks about him "creating servants of bird and man, of blood and death"... and the whole domination spell thing makes me wonder if the Strakoi really are working on their own agenda (at least at the highest level) or on his.

I think the Domination spell is about how vampires can control humans beings and they were given that power.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:45 pm 
Has anybody speculated that Yffi is Symachus yet? I was certainly feeling that was plausible earlier. Wasn't he revealed to be like a withered, blind-looking, immortal guy? Maybe he wants to kill himself with Chaz because he can't die. Wait, does wanting to die even fit what Yffi was saying elsewhere? This story has been going on for so long I can't remember. And the search is down.

I was thinking the master might be Satan at first, because he had Chaz before, but Yffi sounds more fitting.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:51 pm 
VVK wrote:
Has anybody speculated that Yffi is Symachus yet? I was certainly feeling that was plausible earlier. Wasn't he revealed to be like a withered, blind, immortal guy? Maybe he wants to kill himself with Chaz because he can't die. Wait, does wanting to die even fit what Yffi was saying elsewhere? This story has been going on for so long I can't remember. And the search is down.

I was thinking the master might be Satan at first, because he has Chaz before, but Yffi sounds more fitting.

Symachus seems to be the most-assumed identity among those who speculate. He originally wanted the blade so he could kill Krohnus, so this isn't terribly far-fetched (though "kill me" seems less likely).
However, Yffi seems more like a lich, i.e. a human who resorted to magical means to avoid death. This seems inconsistent with Symachus, who was already functionally immortal (and should probably look the same over millennia, if Dunuloa is any indicator).

On the other hand, K'Z'K/PP "killed" Symachus to control him, so maybe he withered that way... but then again, Yffi sounds like he has a fundamental level of compassion missing from Symachus' character.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat