Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:37 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
swmartian wrote:
The real question is not "if," but "when". Their apparent "mother" has been hinted at in the current plotline. I don't know if the current plotline will be the big finish for K'Z'K (or mankind) or whether this demon meet will be just another blip along that whole big plotline. Weirdly, to me this demon meet has a feel of 'just another blip'. And yet, with the hints that the vampires will be involved, it seems as if all the plotlines should be coming together right now - and that would include Oasis/Kusashi.

The great tangle has not occurred yet. This could be it. If it was just the demon meet and even with the involvement of the vampires I might be inclined to agree. But we have Gwynn making a seemingly large sacrifice and the Moon Twin may be involved too. This feels....epic for some reason. I think if kusasha and oasis show up it will definitely be the great tangle.

When I say "blip", I do not mean to imply that it cannot also be epic. Something "big" is about to happen. Pete is too much of an optimist (at least within Sluggy). So Sluggy will end before this spark does (most likely). So when I say "blip" I do not mean that the blip cannot also be "epic". I'm just not convinced that this particular plot line will necessarily be the last we see of K'Z'K. Then again, we don't necessarily need to see K'Z'K again to revisit the Sasha plotline (whatever that is). So perhaps I am wrong there.

The main meaning in my response to Lord Golbez is that I agree that we will see Oasis again and that I think Sasha's unresolved plotline will be a primary driver. When we last saw Oasis, she had pretty much evolved enough to come to her own (as Steve intended). She is now well grounded and can likely go off and have a good life. Her plotline could be comfortably laid to rest... Except... ...her sibling rivalry - and potentially "Override B-1" (even though Hereti-Corp has been completely wiped out) - remain as stumbling blocks (and dangling plotlines) that still need resolving. I do not think we have the time to do that now, so I would be surprised if she - or even Sasha - will stumble onto this demon meet. This thread nonetheless will start weaving into theirs.

As for the Great Tangle. IIRC, the Great Tangle was supposed to be spark-ending. So if we do get to the Great Tangle, then we are done. But the gang has already removed one big thread (HeretiCorp). So while the plotlines are coming together, they are also being tied off or untangled.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:24 pm 
I know it's bad form to post twice in a row (sorry!), but as I was transcribing the last two panels of today's strip, some thoughts occurred to me.

I was going to spec that while Gwynn succumbs now, it won't take her long to examine the pages that she reinserted into The Book. Then she can use the "Domination Spell" and Farahn is mental toast.

However, I decided against speccing that since it would appear to render the visit from Basphomy useless. So I do not think that is what will happen (at least not until after the Demon Meet).

Also, if Farahn can actually do what he says, wouldn't that render the pages of The Book blank to Gwynn as well?

However, although Gwynn was clearly just pandering to Farahn's ego, I do not think The Moon Twin would allow Farahn to stand as "the greatest hero the world has ever known". If Farahn succeeds in hiding K'Z'K that well, Dunuloa will somehow see to his demise. Gwynn will take over her fated role as "Lady Gwynn of The Book," but at least she would be able to interact with her friends again...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
This whole "cutting strings/tethers of fate" talking, I wonder if this is what lead to the breaking of the pillar.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:48 am 
Perhaps.
One thing Sharon managed to get in edgewise is that all magic in the DoN is based on Fate. If she's right, that's pretty interesting. I've always assumed that "Fate magic" was its own separate specialization. But the idea that every magician through history was tugging at the Fate Web puts a whole new perspective on things.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:50 am 
Wild spec time - Sharon *does* know more but is playing dumb because she suspects either Riff or Aylee is possessed but doesn't know which. So she's trying to draw the demon out and get it to reveal itself.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:57 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Wild spec time - Sharon *does* know more but is playing dumb because she suspects either Riff or Aylee is possessed but doesn't know which. So she's trying to draw the demon out and get it to reveal itself.

I could believe this. Definitely too early to have Aylee exorcised though, I'd hope. Otherwise what was the point.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:15 pm 
Yeah, I figure that (if I'm right) Sharon won't be able to tell before Aylacey makes her move.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:30 pm 
swmartian wrote:
IIRC, the Great Tangle was supposed to be spark-ending.

More than just spark-ending. If the tangle can't be safely untangled, then the Omega Pillar will fall, and then there won't ever be another spark.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:15 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
swmartian wrote:
IIRC, the Great Tangle was supposed to be spark-ending.

More than just spark-ending. If the tangle can't be safely untangled, then the Omega Pillar will fall, and then there won't ever be another spark.

That's one thing I've been wandering about. There have been multiple Sparks, and multiple Webs. But there have been more sparks than webs.

So while destroying the Omega Pillar would destroy the current Web, I suspect it may not destroy the current Spark. Destruction of a Spark always seemed to involve positive action from Kizke.

So my speculation is such:
The Omega Pillar will fall.
The Web of fate will tear, taking magic with it (at least mostly).
Causality will withstand it, and humans will live on, at least for now.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:41 pm 
They'll have to get the demon out of Aylee. Of course, first, they'll have to figure out that it is there! It's hard for them to compare it to her past behavior since she has been apart from them for so long. However, an action like using that dagger would be out of character enough to tip them off.

I think they can get more information from Sharon. The most frustrating thing is people saying they don't know when actually they do know *something* (based on experience with children).

Aylee and the demons are information finding right now. They need to know their own as well as our gang's weaknesses.

I don't know if the pillar will actually fall, but it's bound to come pretty close to it! There is still a lot in play.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:48 am 
Riff seems clueless about Aylee right now, but I have a feeling that he had actually been tipped off about her and is making plans. He did, once upon a time, tend to have constant suspicions about her...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:44 pm 
I decided to reread for you City, and I came across rammer's explanation of the origins of the city. He talks about Sharon, saying, "the day she told me the web had broken was the day 4U City rose and the rest of the world fell. The day this whole world lost its soul." With Sharon's current assertion that the demons come from elsewhere or outside, we might be looking at some parallels with 4U City...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:32 am 
I was leaning in this direction already, but the update with Lacey's POV really cements it for me: Sharon knows what's up. I just don't buy that she's nothing more than a slightly adept amateur. She prepped for this meetup, knew to stay away until the coast was clear, knew to play dumb in case a demon is hiding among them.

Very strong chances that Sharon is either going to - or low-key already has - saved Riff's ass from Aylee/Lacey's planned murder.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:48 am 
My thoughts exactly. No way that Riff can reproduce anything worthwhile. All it did was waste time.

I just assumed she's confirming the situation, and now a ton of G men are going to ambush them and 'save' the day.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I think Sharon has cut all contact with her government connection.

I am still hoping Rammer managed to fake his death somehow.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat