Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:47 am 
I think she was talking about timeless space.

It'd be annoying to use the same deus ex machina twice. But I guess anything is possible...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:42 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
praisethesun wrote:

But consider the information mrs. claus gives us in the first link. "Bun-bun was there when the second egg was used." And "Time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope."

Did we see the second egg used? Was it during Oceans unmoving? If so I don't remember it. There is still a possibility that the second egg is still to be used. Just in the future/past.[/quote]
Most of it is simply just implied, but the second egg was probably used the first time Bun Bun was thrown out of the tower of time.

The first one might have been used shortly after the greek gods went away.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
We have only ever seen one egg used: the last one.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:16 am 
praisethesun wrote:

But consider the information mrs. claus gives us in the first link. "Bun-bun was there when the second egg was used." And "Time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope."

Did we see the second egg used? Was it during Oceans unmoving? If so I don't remember it. There is still a possibility that the second egg is still to be used. Just in the future/past.

Basphomy also says that it was used near the start of her time. We can see Dun working on her at the end of the Mohkadun chapter and Dun seems to have finished her before being bound to the Moon which seems to have happened back in ancient Egyptian times.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-06-23

In fact Bast showed up before they arrived in Egypt (and brought the Mohakdun ideas of civilisation) right after Malfulo killed Queen Siphaniana who was basically Dunuloa's last positive tie to humans.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-06-30

If the story played out with them all getting safely to Egypt it might only have worked out that way after the egg was used. Perhaps the original journey was very different and we just get the retconned version.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:31 pm 
Just gonna leave this here:
https://sluggy.fandom.com/wiki/Berk

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:16 am 
Yeah, I was thinking the same.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:04 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
The "first seen" link for King Farahn isn't quite right, is it? Wouldn't this have to be his "first seen"?

So I've been thinking about the comic Durandal references here. In that appearance, Farahn is acting decidedly UN Farahn-like. It makes me wonder if originally Pete thought that it was Kron trapped inside the book of E-Ville and then later retconned it to Farahn.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 am 
I like how these updates have implied why the Book of E-Ville is the Book of E-Ville in the first place. Its storied history is probably filled with people adding and cutting away spells and curses from it, as Farahn and the bug balanced the risk and reward each of those pages offered - like some kinda mad world-ending Roguelike. I do hope one day we get an nice visual abridged version of its evolution from a simple one-line scroll to what it became. That'd be pretty cool

RowenMorland wrote:
Basphomy also says that it was used near the start of her time. (...)

If the story played out with them all getting safely to Egypt it might only have worked out that way after the egg was used. Perhaps the original journey was very different and we just get the retconned version.

It'd be tricky to work out, since using the Eggs wouldn't represent a point of major changes to days of special worship, but rather a reversion of major changes to days of special worship. So it'd leave no record. But I too am inclined to believe Basphomy had something to do with why the first one needed to be used.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:54 am 
It's tricky for a couple reasons. First, the whole Zeus story might be more myth than reality, and may have referred more to one of the Mohkadun gods, which could shift the timeline on the eggs' usage a bit. The other thing is Basphomy talking about the beginning of "her time," but I'm disinclined to read much into this. I can't understand why people are so committed to believing "her time" corresponds to when she came into existence. That's not what people are talking about when they use those kinds of phrases typically and, in context, it probably had to do with when she became ruler of a holiday, not when she came into existence. Bast hasn't even become Basphomy yet in the flashbacks referred to, so there's no reason to assume the use of any eggs are imminent at that time.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 pm 
This third egg is a fan-made red herring.

I also thought the storyline was VERY clear that they were all used up and gone. You can argue timeless space blah blah, but they were all used outside of timeless space in the regular niftyverse.

Honestly, I'd be shocked and disappointed if Pete tried to use one again.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:15 am 
I think they're in the ruins of hC, unless someone else can think of another place Riff would be aware of with such a precipitous drop. This implies that hC had acquired a page or pages of the book. To what end, I wonder? I guess that pyramid could be another possibility though,but the Great Pyramid of Giza isn't even that tall.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:41 am 
My thought was the Cave of..was it Yffi?, from the climax of the Storm Breaker Saga (which, means if I'm right, we'll find the corpse of the scholar dude who Zoe blasted with the shot gun...)

edit: Oh wait, Riff was never in the cave of Yffi. Hmmm.

Maybe it's somewhere in the ruins of Mohkadun? Somehow, I doubt this is Hereti-Corp related.

edit2: I was looking at old Stormbreaker strips, to figure out the name of the Scholar (Osric) and I noticed that K'Z'K has Pun Demon runes on his back!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 am 
It does seem a bit of a stretch and I'm basing it almost 100% on that drop, but hC did have research related to magic. Schlock was even able to tell Gwynn things she didn't know. It's not outside the realm of plausibility that they could have acquired a page of the book either with or without knowing what t was. Schlock, in particular, would probably have some interest in it if he knew it was a page from the book that caused his dystopian future.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:55 am 
The cave just doesn't look at ALL like an hC facility.

edit: OOH. I've got it. There's lots of what looks like Turykey statues. Maybe they're in a ruin that used to be inhabited by those holiday turkeys (I forget what they were called too XD) that Bun-Bun fought in the holiday war. but *why* would Riff know that place is beyond me.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:10 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Maybe those birds are kwis?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat