Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 am 
They came closeish in the last vampire chapter. We do know that the vorpyr are the oldest vampires, which would appear to indicate the other groups were either some sort of offshoots that developed their own characteristics, or possibly made independently, but later using probably similar but not precisely the same methods.

A connection to deadels is possible, but there are numerous undead beings in Sluggy and I doubt they're all connected to K'Z'K. In the case of the mummy, we know that was Dunuloa, although that might make it particularly likely that there's some similarity to deadels, as she may have used similar magic.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:01 pm 
Hi. I'm not 'new' but this might only be my 2nd or 3rd post in the last 20 years that I've been reading Sluggy. I'm sorry if I'm breaking any of the ettequette here, or if this is something that's been posted before.

But could the Strakois' eyes be a form of Anima?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:07 am 
The eyes are actually the way the Strakoistrat watch what's happening to all their members. I don't think it's like anima because anima represent how the person they belong to is feeling. The eyes don't represent how anyone is feeling and basically are magical spy cams that watch what they're doing and they really belong to the Strakoistrat, not to the member being watched. I get that there's some superficial similarity there, but I don't think they're connected. Also, note that the psionic field (or something of that nature) that allowed anima to exist prevented the DFA from working properly and possibly (though this may be more spec) interfered with Gwynn's ability to do magic. The Strakoi have no problem doing magic and Hereticorp had no problem fluxing stuff around Vistuvius. Then again how would we know, I suppose. Maybe Hemovirlen was fluxed into the future.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:30 pm 
Well I won't be shocked if the God of Justice turns up and was Drakku and was responsible for all three vampire rituals, and is a title aspect of the Immortal King. (Unless he on panel died and I forgot about it.)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:12 am 
I kind of thought he did, but my memory could be off.

However, since vampires are undead even that would technically not rule out the possibility. Still seems a bit more like Dunuloa's territory to me though. Symachus wasn't one to avoid dark and forbidden rituals either though, so it could be on the mark.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 am 
Have the Strakoi struck a deal with the Cult? They're cleverand powerful in their own right but I wonder what it was they convinced the cult they had to offer? Considering they can't step foot on new world soil it wouldn't seem they could convincingly offer anything related to getting the book or the stormbreaker or anything like that. Unless the idea was dangle the connection to Sam and use him as bait...I suppose the cult could get behind that idea, although it seems somewhat unnecessary at this point given they're keeping tabs on the gang anyway.

An alternative theory, and come to think of it possibly more likely, is that the creatures are not demons but Basphomy's army. It's pretty clear from the opening that Pete is intending to work Basphomy into this chapter somehow and with Halloween fast approaching it may be high time to reveal her Halloween plans. Moreover, given the magical ability of the Strakoi and what Basphomy needs, I can more easily guess what they'd have to offer her. Perhaps it was the Strakoi who got Basphomy out of the obsidian cage to begin with. Oh wait. They already said it was Stiks. So not that...well I don't know.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:50 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Have the Strakoi struck a deal with the Cult?

Ah! Of course. We have already seen the Kizke Cult, and where they are, with a massacre happening at the same time, they are no doubt responsible. And we have heard in this most recent strip that the Strakoi have made deals with others. I just didn't think of the two at the same time until now. Very good.

They commit massacres to draw out the vampires, who must investigate. And who can then be slain.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:21 am 
So we know all three vampire families are involved. We know the cult is involved. somehow the name of the inn in yesterday's comic irks me. claggers, cloak and daggers, what is it a sign for?
the vamps and the cult never seemed very cloak and daggery, more blunt and brute force-y.

i suspect foul play by another party. kusashi and noah zark come to mind. we still don't know what kusashi needed him for, if i recall correctly.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:42 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Farahn is everything but a saint, but his love for his wife seemed actually genuine (ans so was his wife's love for him). I wonder if the solution wouldn't simply be to ask Farah to simply just leave Gwynn alone and stop haunting every seconds of her life and simply wait for the next reincarnation of her queen.

From the little we have seen of present, book-trapped, Farah, he has been nothing but deferent and, according to Gwynn, his help was unconditional.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, then again.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:09 am 
Why did I get a sudden realization that Sam could be setup to be the next King of Halloween?

Halloween war is coming, and there are no eggs left to reset things.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:53 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I don't think you should undersestimate the Great Pumpkin Head King. He could hold toe to toe to Bun Bun and only lost because of Basphomy's intervention.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:49 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Spirantz wrote:
I might be misremembering, but I thought there were three, and only two were used so far. Also I don't feel like tracking it down right now to see what is true...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:48 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
I might be misremembering, but I thought there were three, and only two were used so far. Also I don't feel like tracking it down right now to see what is true...

*poof*
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-12-14
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2004-01-11

Last one got used.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:41 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Ah, thank you Spirantz for tracking that down.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:22 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

*poof*
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-12-14
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2004-01-11

Last one got used.

But consider the information mrs. claus gives us in the first link. "Bun-bun was there when the second egg was used." And "Time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope."

Did we see the second egg used? Was it during Oceans unmoving? If so I don't remember it. There is still a possibility that the second egg is still to be used. Just in the future/past.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat