Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Dimension Hop
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 am 
I'm currently trying to recall what alternative dimensions we have seen/been told about. I'll stand corrected on incorrectly named dimensions.

"Home", the Dimension of the Nifty. (DotN)
Star Voyager, where/when Torg & Riff find Aylee
Dimension of Pain (DoP), first seen
Dimension of Lame (DoL)
Future Schlock's past, K'z'K wins
The Puniverse
Dimension of Rain (DoR), City 4U
Xeroforming/Alyee, where humanity went to space courtesy of Dr Schlock and President Kesandru and Torg punks a load of ghouls in a shopping mall
Zombie Want Our Women, Megatomb bonus story with a brief main story cameo (panel 1)
Portuguese
Kraken

Relms of unknown description
Timeless Space, technically not a dimension in it's own rights. Our first glimps.
Hell
The Never
Shadow World/Wayang Kulit

Divergent Timeline/Time Travel
Mokhadun
War of the Bug Squishers

Last edited by yurak on Tue May 02, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dimension Hop
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
yurak wrote:
Where does the War of the Bug Squishers and Mokadun fit into dimensions of are they forgotten/ancient history?
From all indications War of the Bug Squishers and Mokadun are Dimention of Nifty. They've been access though Time jumps, not the DFA.

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:07 am 
- When Torg was lost during That Which Redeems, Riff visited a whole slew of other dimensions looking for a replacement Torg (ultimately bringing back teantacle-Torg).
- There's also the Dimension of "Sham Pain," though that may have been a guest artist - I can't remember.
- There's whatever dimension the Torg-in-the-freezer from That Which Redeems was originally from (they don't get into much detail on it other than to say it existed).
- There's also Hell, and the Never - though I believe each dimension has it's own Hell and Never in Sluggy, making them more "planes of existence," than separate dimensional constructs.

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:01 pm 
I don't know the name, but Torg and Aylee went there and fought a bunch of ghouls in a mall.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/070328

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 am 
Wow I forgot all about the puniverse. To think, that thing powers Rick's car now...

gregnier wrote:
yurak wrote:
Where does the War of the Bug Squishers and Mokadun fit into dimensions of are they forgotten/ancient history?
From all indications War of the Bug Squishers and Mokadun are Dimention of Nifty. They've been access though Time jumps, not the DFA.

We can safely assume that most dimensions they've gone to contained those past events in some manner. But there are at least two - the DoL and the Dimension of Pain - where we know for a fact Mohkadun couldn't have happened, because their gods are different.

As for planes of existence, at least the Never (Chaz can kill gods, implying that the Never and it's denizens predate all gods besides the pillars) and some sort of afterlife (for death purposes) must exist everywhere. Not all dimensions would have a timeless space, since a) it can be depleated and b) it needs to be created in the first place by a god. But gods are able to create any arbitrary number of bubble universes for whatever purposes they require, so the alternative planes of existence beyond this are unlimited. The DoN is known to have several planes. There's that weird spirit world, the shadow world, hell, presumably heaven, a healthy timeless space, it's Never, and one or two others I can't think of right now.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm 
Thanks for the help guys, I've edited the opening post so its a little more structured and includes links.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Sham-Pain is definitely canon. That's when Zoe broke up with Leo, the cannonball.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 am 
In Book 10 Ghosts in the Gastank bonus story Queen of Diamonds we meet an alt Gwynn who stayed behind to save everyone with her powers in the Never. Which is interesting because it suggest that a different universe's Never can be reached by a DFA. We don't know much about that universe only that they abandoned her there and Riff evidently left the hero Union.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat