Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:45 am 
Oasis just burnt her current incarnation. Do you think she will remember all of her development?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:27 pm 
I think it's well established that each Oasis is in some sense a new Oasis, with some continuity in memory, provided via satellite. So this is a real suicide for this version of Oasis. The new one might be quite different in terms of both personality and mental stability.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pm 
She seemed pretty stable from before and after her prior death/resurrection (after being shot by hC goons under Schlock's orders)... and her self-realization while up in orbit seems to be a key moment.

I think she will retain her development. I also think we won't see her again for a long while, if at all.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:51 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
I think she will retain her development. I also think we won't see her again for a long while, if at all.

After today's (January 8th), I think you're right, and I think she'll go back to the Zalias. They need to know that they don't need to be afraid anymore either.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 pm 
It looks like Oasis does remember what she has learnt from the past day about what she is. I still don't think we are fully done with learning about Oasis's capabilities though.

Also, Oasis not having a final duel with Kusari would be anticlimactic. Oasis incinerating two of them on the shuttle is nice, but it leaves things feeling unfinished. I think we will discover more about Oasis when that clash finally occurs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:08 pm 
As an antagonist, Oasis would be driven to find Kusari's brain wherever it's hiding, because she possessed the capability of running multiple selves at once. That's an important power Oasis is missing, and I can imagine a number of reasons she'd want to have it.

I don't think "antagonist" is necessarily her path though, or if it is, it won't be a straight line: freedom -> world domination.

Although I'd love to see an alternate dimension where that's the case, just to explore it.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat