Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:53 pm 
So in the first strip in today's new Chapter: "The Circle," we have two new characters arriving at a house that looks eerily like Kesandru House. The reference to an "extra basement level," further clinches it, meaning this either IS the Kesandru House, or it's one of Pete's epic-level fakeouts. But as gregnier pointed out in Reactions, Aylee smashed Kesandru House to bits about 8 years back. So what exactly are we seeing here?

My personal guess is that we're actually in the nearish past, and today's strip takes place before the gang ever moved in. Alternately, if this is the present, it would mean that Kesandru House was rebuilt, but something about that doesn't sit right with me. Option three is that this isn't the Kesandru House at all, but we're being led to think so.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:46 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I don't think it's Kesandru house. But I DO think these two's resemblance to Gwynn and Torg will be factor in the story.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 am 
Given the lengthy period of time during which the gang used the grounds of the Brie Meighsaton house after it was destroyed, it seems fairly unlikely that it spontaneously rebuilt itself by magic. I suppose a new house could have later been built on the grounds, but we already pretty much know this is at least a little bit of a flashback to catch us up on why Alice is with Sam, so it's most probable that Pete just jumped a bit far back.

It's notable that Minion Master originally wanted to make the underground area on the property of Brie Meighsaton house that was Riff's lab into his own domicile of evil. I mean, he was kicked out and all, and I suppose the digbot civilization probably later expanded into that territory, but it's possible he had a hideout there.

And none of this matters, because now it's definitely not Kesandru.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 am 
Oh, I didn't see this thread, sorry. I posted in here. It's the house where we first met the Lysinda circle vampires.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:51 am 
Yeah - not Kesandru house at all. I was thrown way off by the basement level reference. And not the first time the Kesandru arc has been used as a red herring either (the Aylee Chapter).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:38 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
This was the one someone recreated in WoW isn't it?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat