Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Are Riff and Torg Evil?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 pm 
I know they're the heroes of the strip. But look at the evidence: They summoned Satan in the very first strip. They originally unleashed KZK. Their valued companions include a man-eating alien, a witch, several wanted criminals, a morally challenged vampire, and Bun Bun. They seem completely unconcerned about any level of collateral damage to anyone other than their own close friends. There's hardly any disaster or world-threatening crisis in the strip that can't ultimately be traced back to them. So are they the heroes? Or the villains?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:15 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
They summoned a demon for beer, but K'Z'K was all Gwynn's doing. That line's been walked before with Riff, remember he started out having worked for HC ever since high school?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 am 
I'd say no. They're apathetic, and Torg in particular has trouble thinking of the undead as people... but I wouldn't call them "evil".

Yes, they'll befriend evil (Bun Bun), and they'll very probably accidentally trigger the end of the world with a shrug and an "ooops" - but the important word in there is "accidentally". The disasters and world-threatening crises that can be traced back to them are never things that they intend to set off, they just tend to play with dangerous toys and some of them get loose. And whenever they notice a potential world-ending catastrophe on the horizon, they take what action they can to stop it, quite deliberately.

In D&D terms, I think I'd class them both as very firmly Neutral (with Torg being more Chaotic Neutral and Riff perhaps True Neutral).

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat