Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:31 am 
*** Lots and lots of potential spoilers! You have been warned! ***

So....
I assume each dimension has its own Poopypants, Prozoato, web, and sparks. Thoughts?

- We've only ever seen Poopypants go through time...not dimensions.
- In the dimension of lame, that Torg had a bow and quiver instead of a sword.

Is Satan's dimension 'The Never'? These weapons are coming from somewhere outside this spark/timeline. i.e., another dimension.
- Does Satan's dimension have its own Prozoato/Poopypants-esque pillars? Or does this exist differently? In other words.... is Satan's dimension 'special', or just another dimension like all the others? If these weapons are supremely powerful and have a power over other godlike-beings, perhaps this is because they come from a 'higher' type of dimension.

Timeless space also seems to exist outside of the web/spark. Does each dimension have its own timeless space? Or is there just the one? It doesn't sound like timeless space can be like any other dimension....it's special in that regard too. If they all share the same timeless space, wouldn't there be countless uncle time's in there? This sounds too complicated and unlikely.

I'm wondering how Pete is gonna tie in the multiple dimensions with sparks and everything. If someone is looking to destroy everything while looking to avoid their own destruction, this could be a way, if they're all different. Then again, perhaps there would be some sort of domino effect..if one dimension crumbles, others would follow.

If you think about it this way... Isn't the old Riff from the 4U City dimension like a much more grand scale Googol? I mean...Googol maintains the web for an individual spark.... while alternate Riff maintains each dimension, cleaning up those tangles.... which he said was a dire problem.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 am 
Just one other fun difference...

Lady Gwynn of The Book (Dimension of Lame) became one with the book of 'Ro'thar Niece'

It's hard to translate lameness, but that could very well be Prozoato, not Poopypants in there for all we know.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:50 pm 
Ooh, other question:
List of beings who exist outside of the web.

Chaz and Oasis have been explicitly confirmed to exist outside of the web.

Prozoato & Poopypants are SUPPOSED to exist outside of the web as the pillars, but poopypants is now bound to it. What about the Gods? Kronus definitely exists outside of it, as the caretaker. How about the other Gods which he created? We know Bun-bun is in the web, being manipulated.... but is he bound to the web? Or simply being indirectly manipulated like Oasis?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Ooh, other question:
List of beings who exist outside of the web.

Chaz and Oasis have been explicitly confirmed to exist outside of the web.

Prozoato & Poopypants are SUPPOSED to exist outside of the web as the pillars, but poopypants is now bound to it. What about the Gods? Kronus definitely exists outside of it, as the caretaker. How about the other Gods which he created? We know Bun-bun is in the web, being manipulated.... but is he bound to the web? Or simply being indirectly manipulated like Oasis?

Well Kron was supposed to be protected by the Fate Web, but was only able to be killed by something outside it.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:56 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I assume each dimension has its own Poopypants, Prozoato, web, and sparks. Thoughts?

There seem to be several different kinds of dimensions. Some are very similar to each other while others are vastly different. I think barren pocket dimensions like this one most likely don't have their own creators and destroyers. A dimension can obviously exist without a fate web. The Sluggy Prime dimension didn't have a fate web until intelligent life evolved and Krohnus was born.

The parallel Earth dimensions, which have their own versions of Torg, Riff, Zoë and all the other characters, most likely also have their own versions of Krohnus and the lesser gods, as those were all born as mortals within a dimension. More different dimensions seem to have different gods. The dimension that became the Dimension of Pain had the Goddess of Goodness for example.

I get the impression that the destruction of a spark and the creation of a new spark are events that happen within a dimension, while the dimension itself remains intact as long as the Pillars of Reality stand. Thus it seems like Prozoato and Poopypants are specific to the Sluggy Prime dimension. Parallel Earth dimensions likely have very similar creators and destroyers, although the destroyer is probably still named K'z'k in at least some of those we have seen. More different dimensions may have more different creators and destroyers. I can imagine that some dimensions may have a more patient destroyer who doesn't destroy sparks prematurely but only handles everyday death and decay until the appointed time to end the world comes.

As for The One, well, possibly there is only one The One who creates many dimensions, or maybe every dimension that has life and gods also has its own The One. We know too little to tell.

Spirantz wrote:
- We've only ever seen Poopypants go through time...not dimensions.

We didn't actually see it but Kozoaku was trapped in the Never and was summoned from there by Farahn. But we haven't seen him travel to parallel Earth dimensions, no.

Spirantz wrote:
Is Satan's dimension 'The Never'? These weapons are coming from somewhere outside this spark/timeline. i.e., another dimension.
- Does Satan's dimension have its own Prozoato/Poopypants-esque pillars? Or does this exist differently? In other words.... is Satan's dimension 'special', or just another dimension like all the others? If these weapons are supremely powerful and have a power over other godlike-beings, perhaps this is because they come from a 'higher' type of dimension.

The Never is a pocket dimension, so I think it's a "lower" type rather than "higher", maybe in some sense subordinate to the Sluggy Prime dimension. The dimension with the "Ayleeans" had its own Never. If it's subordinate, then I don't think it has its own creator and destroyer, but then I can't quite explain where the rayths and other beings came from.

Nowadays Satan lives in Hell, at least according to "Meanwhile in the Dimension of Pain", and I've gotten the impression that Hell is another dimension than the Never.

Spirantz wrote:
Does each dimension have its own timeless space? Or is there just the one?

Old Riff said his dimension had lost its timeless space. He seemed to imply that some other dimensions still had theirs. Also, Sluggy Prime didn't originally have a timeless space. Thus it appears that only some dimensions have a timeless space but those that have it each have their own.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:03 am 
mmm, good refs, Rom! Makes you wonder what a dimension needs in order to exist...and how exactly Poopypants would destroy a spark. This is pretty clear when they're salt and pepper shakers, but not so much when he's a part of the web.

Also, very clear refs via old riff and timeless space. That answers that question 100%. A luxury which is rarely given!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:21 pm 
AOL: Eagle299
A theory I've had in my head for a while is that 4U City is a dimension in which the Tangle in the Fate Web hit. Or at least, their version of it. Things will no doubt play out differently in Sluggy Prime. But we know from 4U Riff that the dimensional barriers in that world are extremely unstable. The environment is wrecked. Monsters roam the landscape. That dimension could be a possible future for Sluggy Prime is the Tangle is not averted.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:57 pm 
It would be a very obvious tangle, the 4U scenario with hC winning the RnD wars.
Or the other option, that the mutants win (Dimension of Pain-like).

But it seems like that problem is off the table, with the mutants and the squid-on-a-stick wiped out.

Which leaves us with the original problem in the tangle:
Hereti-Corps and the Cult of K'z'k are meeting each other.
And the solution: Torg will kill Oasis.
All in one comic.

So are we set up for a variation of the RnD wars, with the cult taking the place of the mutants?
Or something completely different?

An interesting detail is that we never quite get told exactly what the problem is in the Dimension of Rain - but it is heading towards destruction in some form.
Now it seems like either the fateweb will be undone, releasing the destroyer.
Or it will tighten the web enough to break the destroyer, destroying a pillar of reality. So the dimension will be left without a reality - possibly a weird doom.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 pm 
migB wrote:
An interesting detail is that we never quite get told exactly what the problem is in the Dimension of Rain - but it is heading towards destruction in some form.
Now it seems like either the fateweb will be undone, releasing the destroyer.
Or it will tighten the web enough to break the destroyer, destroying a pillar of reality. So the dimension will be left without a reality - possibly a weird doom.

The fact that Carl felt that Torg killing Oasis would undo the tangle is extremely interesting. If the danger of the tangle is the destruction of the Omega pillar, then it would stand to reason that Oasis is somehow ultimately responsible for K'Z'K's permanent demise. There is an interesting parallel to this with the fact that K'Z'K represents "the end" and Oasis is a being who quite literally, doesn't have one. Her existence itself is in direct opposition to what K'Z'K represents.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:33 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
The fact that Carl felt that Torg killing Oasis would undo the tangle is extremely interesting. If the danger of the tangle is the destruction of the Omega pillar, then it would stand to reason that Oasis is somehow ultimately responsible for K'Z'K's permanent demise. There is an interesting parallel to this with the fact that K'Z'K represents "the end" and Oasis is a being who quite literally, doesn't have one. Her existence itself is in direct opposition to what K'Z'K represents.

Interesting, but I always figured Zoe was the direct opposite of Poopypants. In other words, related to Prozoato somehow since she's there to keep Poopypants in check. A descendent or something. Who else would have that grand a power or purpose than Prozoato?

Oasis is more of a wildcard... She's easily being controlled by the unknown puppetmaster who's trying to destroy the fabric of reality.
Reason: If killing Oasis HALTS the destruction of all reality, clearly whoever is playing puppet master is the one behind Oasis. Whoever overlayed her onto the web must have access to a power outside of the web, like Kronus. But he seems like too obvious a guess.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:29 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Oasis is more of a wildcard... She's easily being controlled by the unknown puppetmaster who's trying to destroy the fabric of reality.
Reason: If killing Oasis HALTS the destruction of all reality, clearly whoever is playing puppet master is the one behind Oasis. Whoever overlayed her onto the web must have access to a power outside of the web, like Kronus. But he seems like too obvious a guess.

This made me flash back to the dream carnival and the hidden clues that lined the panels, specifically: "The puppet is the puppeteer." Those lines would imply that Oasis herself is the one pulling the strings, even though she may not realize it. A manifestation of herself, inserted by herself, but with erased knowledge of why?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Isn't Oasis outside the web?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Isn't Oasis outside the web?

Yes. Outside the web and therefore dangerous to it.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
This made me flash back to the dream carnival and the hidden clues that lined the panels, specifically: "The puppet is the puppeteer." Those lines would imply that Oasis herself is the one pulling the strings, even though she may not realize it. A manifestation of herself, inserted by herself, but with erased knowledge of why?

Oh, I'm not saying whoever's pulling her strings has direct control over her by any means. But if you put candy in front of a child, would that child not try to eat it? If you do this enough times, things will get sticky. (Or tangled)

If you understand how a person reacts in different situations to a high enough probability and you can more or less control every environmental factor (i.e., the web) around that person, you may as well have near-direct control over them if you're wily enough. Nothing is 100%, but you can get pretty damn close most of the time.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I do recall some speculation that Oasis is actually Prozoato but doesn't know it. Not sure how much I believe it, but it's an option.

The interesting thing about the DoR is how similar it ultimately looks to Mohkadun - a single giant city surrounded by an endless desert no-man's-land, experiencing no forward progress and run by people who command unimaginable power, with infrequent revolutions every generation or two that ultimately accomplish nothing. It turned out that this made Mohkadun extremely vulnerable to The Kizz, so it stands to reason that 4U City is equally as vulnerable.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat