Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 pm 
drachefly wrote:
I created one in Comments on a Postcard:
http://www.mezzacotta.net/postcard/?comic=124

I find it amusing that they ended up using both the original and altered versions of the same joke (modified version came in 136)

All I get is a blank box. :sam:

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:41 am 
I doubt this is actually a Sluggy reference, but I wish it was.

I was babysitting my 4 year old niece who enjoys watching the entire morning lineup on Playhouse Disney, when this show "Secret Agent Oso" came on. Considering I'd rather gargle broken glass than pay attention to a show on Playhouse Disney, I continued trying to coax her away from the TV and into something more constructive (namely anything that's actually educational). Imagine my surprise when the show actually caught my attention by having two kids trying to take care of a brown and white lop-eared rabbit named Bun-bun.

With fantasies of switchblade mayhem causing me to pay more attention to the show than normal, I was dissapointed that it wasn't Pete's Bun-bun, but just some meaningless pet that had the misfortune to be taken care of by two kids who couldn't grasp the concept that the spout for the water bottle has to point INSIDE the cage if you don't want your rabbit to die a slow agonizing death. Seriously? This is what people consider "education television"?

Oh well, if it is a Sluggy reference, it succeeded in gaining 10-15 seconds more of my attention than it would have otherwise.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:31 am 
I saw that this morning also. My 4 year old daughter was watching the show as I was working on getting her ready for pre-school. It certainly caught my attention.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:31 pm 
AOL: dustinvoss
Found one in a web-comic called Crossoverlord, courtesy of Randy Milholland.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm 
This August, Baen Books new release "Monster Hunter International".
In chapter 7, one of the hunter teams sports a team logo of "a mini-lop bunny armed with a switchblade." :bunbun:

Oh! The author is Larry Correia.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
There is an older episode in the TV show "Stargate SG-1" in which the main characters have to disarm a nuke, and are instucted to cut the red one of the four wires, but upon opening the bomb, they find that instead there are five wires, and all are yellow. Sluggy reference?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 am 
Zakarath wrote:
There is an older episode in the TV show "Stargate SG-1" in which the main characters have to disarm a nuke, and are instucted to cut the red one of the four wires, but upon opening the bomb, they find that instead there are five wires, and all are yellow. Sluggy reference?

It's possible. the Mini Fission Comrade was in 2000, and "Fail Safe" wasn't aired until 2002!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 am 
I've checked some of the other forums here and have not found any references to this topic, maybe I'm the first.
I just watched a B-rated movie last night I rented from Netflix, and the one main characters was wearing a white "Time to Die, Nerd Boy" Bun-Bun t-shirt. :bunbun:
The movie was called The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.
I saw the Gamer wearing it near the end of the movie while he was playing the Dungeon Master, sitting at the dining room table with his other friends.
Cool movie, if your into D&D. But still funny, if your not. The Bard getting killed dozen of times over & over is funny.
Good production, post production effects sub-par (looks like some one did them on there home computer) but a funny story !
Rent it if you find it. I wasn't expecting too much but it was pretty good.
Maybe Pete had a cameo in it and I didn't see him !??
Whenever you get pirates & ninjas fighting over delivering pizzas together, that makes a good movie. (another small sub-plot to the movie)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:46 pm 
RCG wrote:
This August, Baen Books new release "Monster Hunter International".
In chapter 7, one of the hunter teams sports a team logo of "a mini-lop bunny armed with a switchblade." :bunbun:

Oh! The author is Larry Correia.

More Sluggy goodness from Larry, MHI chapter 17, "I'm gonna shower. If you see ninja doctor tell her thanks for the slime." I grabbed my bag and stormed down the hall. At least I had learned from previous mistakes and had packed some extra clothing along with my armor and weapons. A man should always have access to emergency pants.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:06 am 
Ringo's done it again in Eye of the Storm :D

No comics to go with it this time though :(

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 am 
A quick search of this thread doesn't appear to show any mention of this abysmal Garth Ennis comic. One of the supporting characters is clearly a cross between Bun-bun and Fred from GPF: an aggressive, foul-mouthed talking rabbit who spends his time baiting Star Wars nerds online. No switchblade this time, although I believe he may have called the Antichrist "Nerd-boy" at one point.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
In honor of a shared table at this year's DragonCon, we have this comic from Bill Holbrook...

--tll

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:00 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
AOL: Jkilvap
because I have absoulutly no I dea where to put this I am putting it here and hoping that it will find its way to the right place.
I saw this http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=6233503&l=3774740and thought of the Kittens story http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20000626 (26 June 2000). Sooo if there is a Kittens thread out there somewhere, that might be a good place for it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm 
AOL: HaiWolfe
Last month, I saw this piece of artwork hanging in a sushi restaurant called Wasabi in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and could not get over how much it resembles Oasis. What say you, Sluggites?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 pm 
Only two pony tails? :sam: And where are the knives? :bunbun:

Close, but no cigar.

Zoë Lives! :zoe:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat