Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 pm 
MAssive amount of cross-over info in Wikipedia. Even an allusion that the Infernal Rabbit is from another strip.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:12 am 
Don't ussually Necro-threads this evilly, but skimming through my old posts, I thought it was good to keep all the main "Everything Known About" threads live, just in case we get some MAJOR revelations about Bun Bun as the Sluggy's major arcs start their rolldown towards the finale.

Well, we know know that Bun Bun can be near insta-killed by Oasis' fire. Pretty much brings her up to the MOST bas-a$$ character in the comic right now, hands down, she's now Passed Cloney who took Bun Bun out in one hit, but not this bad.

Also that he looks pretty durn freaky without his fur.

While we don't have much to go on here, I'm still betting we're going to get some BIG stuff on Bun Bun once all the supernatural forces in Hereticorp/Oasis and K'Z'K collide. Seriously hoping Bun Bun's backstory will play into this, I still consider it THE 3rd Meta-arc of sluggy.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 am 
Hmm... meant to note this earlier, but THISthread would suggest Bun Bun's Easter Bunny hiding powers are not completely lost. Since he not only stashed the explosives- standard enough for Bun Bun with his weapon-stowing abilities, but somehow hid AND set them without Oasis ever taking her eyes off him so far as I can tell.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 am 
SOO Bun Bun's back in cool digs, even if they're to cover up a scar its like he's in the swing of things, more driven than we've seen him since he relentlessly hunted Santa, then himself in Timeless Space.

We all know when Bun Bun sets his mind on something nothing can stop him. But since being thrown into uncertainty about whether he really needs to kick Santa's butt anyway, he's fallen back to small-time larceny and bumming around. Now he's got full-time Vengeance back on his plate, and actually WANTS to go after Oasis this time.

And with Torg, who he directly owes that promise, he's alot less likely to shirk out of it. Not that he has any reason too this time, he's pissed too, and Torg paid him enough to put him in a good mood.

Plus he's got REALLY cool digs again. Almost half Vader-fied, actually slightly scarier than his old holiday/deific form. I'm thinking Bun Bun's feeling more himself after nearly dying that he has been in a while.

He's got purpose again. And, like most of those he prefers, one that lets him kill things he wants to kill anyway. :D

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:52 pm 
AOL: SpiriTsunami
Scarier than his holiday-deific form? While the Phantom of the Lop-ra is damn cool, you can't beat having six different power sets. (In order of when he acquired them: Easter, Groundhog's Day (revealed here), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the year 2003.)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 pm 
Spirit Tsunami wrote:
Scarier than his holiday-deific form? While the Phantom of the Lop-ra is damn cool, you can't beat having six different power sets. (In order of when he acquired them: Easter, Groundhog's Day (revealed here), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the year 2003.)

Four. Technically the Shadow wasn't his power, just bound to him but still free to do what it wanted. Which of course included being stupid enough to take a year, whose only power is to die at the end. Bun Bun definitely still hates those last two pretty impressively.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:03 pm 
Bumping this on the off-chance it might earn its own sticky? Bun Bun's at least as deserving as Oasis. :D You can call it TEKABBT if you like, sounds like some strange fusion of Teknon-Rabbit, which is more randomly appropriately than I expected. :bunbun:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:05 pm 
I think it was suggested earlier in the thread that everything (facts/theories) be combined into a structure (like that in the Oasis thread) and then posted to be stickied. As it stand it's just slightly too messy.

What with my thread and this one, we could probably pull it all together and get a thread stickied. I would like to finish archive hunting first though, in case I've missed anything. Shouldn't take too long :torg:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 am 
You seem to have the time and talent for it so I'm down with that (though as the longest thread I ever started I have a soft spot for this one--though I assume we'll want to link to all the important ones anyway :)). Just like to call dibs on helping with the name, if possible... I kinda like TEKABBT! 'cause it sounds like Rabbit and rolls off the tongue (albeit short one vowel :P). But it would be cool to have the "Holy Crap Bun Bun is the Hinge of Everything!" too. Maybe:

"The T.E.K.A.B.B.T or 'Holy Crap Bun Bun is the Hinge of Everything' Thread" ?

Eh its long. But both crack me up so much! And it would be nice to have something like Oasis' "Whoapa!" Ninja sounding acronym that suits Bun Bun well. Let me know when you've finished your post-diving. ;)

Actually, it occurs to me that "The Everything Known About Bun Bun Thread! (T.E.K.A.B.B.T!)" might be a good title, and have the "Holy Crap..." be the full, formal title for the specific theory you've been working so hard on. Since it would proabably have its own subsection like the major theories about Oasis, perhaps after you've compiled other background or relevant information. (The stuff I focused on here, for example was more about curiosity about his backstory than the crazy Alt-Reality stuff having 4U City AND the DoG plotlines opened up for us).

I could write that up, along with an intro noting that it combines the amusing sound of Rabbit and Teknon for his Timeless Space mysteries, but also has to ALWAYS have the "!" to exemplify it as something you can yell to warn everyone to run away because "Holy Crap Bun Bun's here and noticed we've been digging around his past!" :bunbun:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:00 am 
Bun bun's
Awesome
Yunified (that's totally a word)

Weird and
Amazing
Theories thread
Collaboration
Hooray.

BAY WATCH (okay, I cheated a little with the acronym.)
T.E.K.A.B.B.T! sounds good too, but wouldn't that be this thread?
Quote:
it combines the amusing sound of Rabbit and Teknon

Nifty!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 am 
Er, Goat, *snikt* has always been connected irreversibly to Bun-Bun and not some other six-clawed anti-hero as a sound effect...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:34 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Although i'm not mod of this forum, i think if you come up with a consolidated bun-bun theory post, and plead to the gods of SRC, you might be able to get a sticky thread for bun-bun spec.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:15 pm 
When it does come time to create the official thread, I suggest the name K.A.-C.L.I.C.K. (Knowledge Acquired Concerning the Lop Including Chronology and Kin)

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm 
Radnar wrote:
When it does come time to create the official thread, I suggest the name K.A.-C.L.I.C.K. (Knowledge Acquired Concerning the Lop Including Chronology and Kin)

Radnar wins the money. Soon as I'm done with a timeline I'll pull something together, unless someone else wants to volunteer to make the thread...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:05 am 
W.A.B.B.I.T.

We All Believe Bun-Bun Is Terrifying.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat