Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm 
http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/19990612

Bun-Bun should have healed up his face scar by now - or at least by the last time we saw him.
Why the delay?
It could be plot-related...
but I'm guessing Pete just forgot.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm 
Maybe Bun-Bun just got accustomed to his phantom of the opera costume.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 am 
Bun Bun's burns in that comic were no where near as bad as the ones Oasis inclicted?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 am 
They were obviously worse. How much time has really passed in the comic in each instance?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 am 
VVK wrote:
They were obviously worse. How much time has really passed in the comic in each instance?

And plus, Pete's lately chosen to be realisitic about such things too - in the old days it would have been a nod and a wink, four panels later your gold. Now it's you got burnt by something like hellfire, realisitically you are just never going to heal and always be horribly scarred.

The realism touch can be seen in today comic, where Torg gets burnt by the EMP - there's more than a touch of realism in that real EMP works in ways that would fire out nasty radiation / microwave energy that would inflict damage to someone too close.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:13 am 
Good point, Marcus.
However, what I'm really wondering is whether that fire really IS worse, like some people have said. Apparently, after the Santa explosion, he was COMPLETELY toasted - no fur whatsoever.
Maybe Oasis does bring on some sort of special fire. In which case... wow... she might be a much bigger deal than we even know now.
And the Santa explosion burns are healed before two months is up. The Oasis burns are on Bun-bun's face longer than that, but it's tough to tell how long.
He receives them some time in the spring. Those events of the bRoken storyline happen after the springtime-blizzard-in-Pennsylvania-Oasis-hC-massacre. Springtime snow can happen in PA as late as May (I've been there, I've seen it, I know) so we'll be generous and say that Bun-bun received his burns in May. We see him again in (presumably) January, when it's snowing again at Dr. Steve's baselab in PA. And the last we see of him (I think) is a week after that, leaving Minion Master's hideout. The way I see it, that scar is at least 8 months old. That is a long time for someone who recovered fully from a whole-body burn in 2 months.
And it's true. It could just be Pete is being more realistic.
Or that he forgot.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 pm 
And don't forget, Bun-bun is no ordinary bunny. He's been thrown out of the universe twice, made a successful conquest of the holidays, returned to the universe twice (with his own help) and appears to have some sort of magical-y past. So he definately should be back to normal by now.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 pm 
I agree that Bun-Bun should stay burnt. First of all for Bun-Bun to be disabled for to long after being blown up making a raid on Santas Elves would've ruined the plot of Holiday Wars, so partly I think his fairly speedy recovery was due to that. Also, Bun Bun received medical care after being blown up by Santa, not true with his recent burn at the hands of Oasis. Lastly, it seems like most of the damage that Bun Bun received at the hands of Santa that time was head trauma, which was fairly significant.

This time, it's fairly plot convenient to have Bun-Bun not immediately return to being his old badass self. The burns he sustained are arguably worse, and it's not altogether unreasonable to assume that Oasis's fire has special properties. Secondly, With Zoe's burns as such a major plot point right now, it would seem off to have Bun-Bun magically recover from his burns without any sort of help or medical care. I think the very fact that he survived, seemingly has full use of his body, and is not in agonizing pain is proof that we are indeed dealing with the supernatural here, not just some ordinary schmuck.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:36 pm 
Cessnaporsche01 wrote:
And don't forget, Bun-bun is no ordinary bunny. He's been thrown out of the universe twice, made a successful conquest of the holidays, returned to the universe twice (with his own help) and appears to have some sort of magical-y past. So he definately should be back to normal by now.

Now you're just splitting hares.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 am 
Silverlocket wrote:
Cessnaporsche01 wrote:

Now you're just splitting hares.

If I was a demon I would hopping mad and be in a severe amount of pain from that pun

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat