Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:06 am 
AOL: xSlayerSgirlX
Something struck me near the end of OU that sparked a thought on post-TWR Torg. B.A mentions that Calix pretty much goes blood thirsty in the period while he's gathering his armada to confront Jacobs. With all that Pete may or may not be leading up to with Torg, Zoe, Shlock and the minutest possibility of a K'Z'K reappearance I can see the same thing happening to Torg. The logic goes something like this:

Zoe is the Stormbreaker. Thanks to TWR, Torg's instinct, whether he likes it or not, is to protect Zoe. Zoe might have to confront K'Z'K again, if indirectly. Torg will have none of it and go in sword blazing.

For all the mention of Oasis and Aylee, I can't shake the fact that Pete still has so many loose ends with the Bug. Am I the only one who thinks Pete is stuck/stalling on a resoultion here? There's ample oppertunity to close a few things up it seems but he seems to be missing an obvious route for the story. But then again, since when has Pete ever been obvious?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:55 am 
Since K'z'k has been over and over refered to as "The End" it might not be so much stuck on a resolution that can be solved soon and easially (relatively. Finding Oasis and Aylee hatching are nothing, what those two things might cause are other matters). Each of K'z'k appearences might mean the end of Sluggy Prime, and if not a heck of needed explanation. For now his fate has been nicely tidied up for long term reopening potential.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:13 pm 
I agree with you Moonlit. The whole thing in OU with the death of Stu and the affect that that had on Calix is the same thing with Torg and Zor/alt-Zoe. "...He still cared about people in his goofy way. But if anyone even seemed to threaten us he'd kill him quick. I've never seen anyone go so coldblooded so fast" -B.A. Remember the way that Torg went postal during 28 Geeks Later? He got Chaz and went charging off after her (and threatened Riff). :torg:

I can see some big fight with Torg and Chaz(powered up) v K'Z'K. Here it seems that Chaz gives some round about answer that if powered up he could kill K'Z'K.

Just a side note, but if a powered up Chaz could up Torg's fighting skills so much, imagine what that power would do to Bun-Bun! (Shudders at the thought)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:20 pm 
GBFMKK wrote:
Just a side note, but if a powered up Chaz could up Torg's fighting skills so much, imagine what that power would do to Bun-Bun! (Shudders at the thought)

How would Bun-bun wield it? Sure, he's preternaturally strong, but a long sword like the Unholy Evil Death Bringer is always kinda cumbersome.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:50 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
How about a mini switchblade Chaz for Bun Bun?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:16 pm 
Mewtarthio wrote:
GBFMKK wrote:

How would Bun-bun wield it? Sure, he's preternaturally strong, but a long sword like the Unholy Evil Death Bringer is always kinda cumbersome.

I remember Bun-bun wielding a ROCKET LAUNCHER :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 pm 
SpaceBoy2000 wrote:

It could actually say "Ka-click" whenever he opened it :D.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:43 pm 
AOL: FireDrakeK
bunbun could weild chaz no problem, casue he's bunbun. end of story :-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:13 pm 
AOL: Surgoshan
Tim wrote:
SpaceBoy2000 wrote:

It could actually say "Ka-click" whenever he opened it :D.

"'Ka-click', Master Bun Bun."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:02 am 
AOL: xSlayerSgirlX
GBFMKK wrote:

I can see some big fight with Torg and Chaz(powered up) v K'Z'K. Here it seems that Chaz gives some round about answer that if powered up he could kill K'Z'K.

I've been thinking about that for a while. Even the Demon King gave a hearty WTF?! when Torg nailed him with it. And the Demon King and K'Z'K have a few things in common in the sense that they are both incorporeal and quite, quite, 'older' than any of the DOP demons. But what's more worth noting there is Chaz's comment of 'A better question would be if you ripped out the last chapter of a book would the story go on forever?" To me, this suggests that K'Z'K has something of a Voldemort complex, where he can't be killed...yet. The 'last chapter' would be K'Z'K's physical body, and destroying it does nothing, as his essense is forever bound/incarserated in the Book of E-ville. The trick I think will lie in destoying the incorporeal K'Z'K--the metaphorical death of an idea before it becomes reality.

That, and Torg already had his epic battle against a demon. It's going to be Zoe and/or Riff vs. K'Z'K for a number of reasons: Zoe because she is the Stormbreaker, Riff because of his toys, and we haven't seen him do much since DDA.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:47 am 
Mewtarthio wrote:
GBFMKK wrote:

Bun-bun seemed to have little trouble wielding Basfomy's huge
mallet in his fight with Jack-O-Lantern, so I think he'd manage.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:37 am 
I agree with you Moonlit. It seems to say here that there are multiple iterations of K'Z'K out there. So it seems that there is something of a hydra effect when it comes to K'Z'K. If you destroy a piece of him in one person, another piece will come to into play. Like the bug form ( :kzk: ) is just the larval form and once it has gained enough souls/power it will develop into the physical.

I think that the final showdown with K'Z'K will Torg. Zoe will play a large part because of the way that Skip was talking to Chillus after 28 Geeks. From what I understood Chillus' interference brought Zoe as the Stormbringer back into play. It seems to me that the whole TWR story line not only resolved the Torg/Horribus thread, but developed Torg/Chaz into a fighting force that will be of use to Zoe in her battle. And of course Riff and his toys will be in there as well. :riff:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:45 am 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
What Skip said after 28 Geeks Later pretty much confirms that K'Z'K is still out there, somewhere. 'That piece of K'Z'K is dead'.

I don't think Calix/Stu is the same as Torg/Alt-Zoe.

When Stu died Calix realized he can't be idealistic and still protect the people he loves. And, paradoxically, by doing evil things Calix has built a huge, safe fleet and is very close to fulfilling the Clotho legacy.

When Alt-Zoe died, Torg realized he had failed in his plans and wanted to help the DoL to redeem his failure.

I think there's going to be some sort of Hereti-Corp/K'Z'K interaction that leads to disasterous consequences (TM).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:35 am 
Oh man, I just had a terrible thought. Remember during the Holiday Wars, when Aylee merged with Santa? What if, in a future storyline, the same thing happens, only with a piece of K'Z'K instead. That could be incredibly bad, especially if the Aylee/K'Z'K fusion allowed him to go after the Stormbreaker directly. Torg would then be torn between Zoe and Aylee, and he might not be able to find a way to save them both. As John Allison might put it, TURMOIL!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:35 am 
Aylee has never meet Santa

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat